The Tipsy Traveler Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*Darkclaw looks in thought after listening to Aurora*

Very interesting, I never been at a birth of a town. This should be interesting to see how it is built and regulated

*Turns to Korrigan and smiles*

I think you got a good bargin out of me, no laws, people arn't sure who's in charge, no constable, it should be interesting. I guess that makes what you say law in here Korrigan, since you own the Inn. So, what is your will so that I might rnforce it in your domain.
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

The seer appears thoughtful at Aurora's mention of the past. Softly, "Aye. I remember now. I am glad the words of a runt-child comforted thee."

The white-haired head lifts in Abaddon's direction again when addressed and a shy smile forms in response to his. "Ah, yes... Mistriallia... A pleasure, Abaddon. I am Eilonwy and unfortunately have less teaching in the ways of the Lost than I should. Strange blood and upbringing are mine." There is a glance that seems to go through the walls of the inn and deeper into the heart of Caledonia for a moment; then comes the unhappy sigh of an angst-ridden youth.

The conversations that follow are heard, the mention of the elves causing a frown, but the seer seems distracted.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Turns to Eilonwy as is about to say something else but desides to let her be for now. She then turns her attention to Darkclaw.*

You would like rules Mr. Darkclaw Sir? I'll give a a few of my own.

1. Stealing is wrong and I hope that doesn't start happening.

2. Because of my own personal training because of all the things I have read, and I do not mean to offend the people who manipulate magik, but I have great issues with people who can manipulate magik who decide to take that power and harm innocent people. I have studied far to many things on the subject because of what I originally went to Academy for back in a Kingdom called Silverthorn.

3. Murder and again harming innocent people like the children we have here in the encampment is wrong and I will defend such people.

*Turns to Esmerelda*

Do you think Mr. Atrum sir and you and possibly Mr. Ingram sir would want do be leaders around here and set up rules and such a thing and maybe even get a constible or something?
Last edited by Aurora on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

*smiles and bounces a little in his seat*

Yay! I get to go hunting! Don't worry I'll be really quiet.

*listens to the conversation for a moment*

Oh....those are good rules, I once stole something and I got punished so I don't do that anymore.
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Eilonwy,
It would do me a great honor should you want to learn more. Strane blood or not, The stick together. You , like all who ask, will have my assistance at any time, in any regard. But as one of the lost, you have my loyalty, and the knowledge of our destiny." Abaddon says, actually cracking a soft smile on his painted face.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora thinks for a few moments *

Actually I have another idea on who should be Constable. My Uncle Mohdri was once a Constable in the Kingdom of Silverthorn in a town called Elthinar. He would be an excellent choice because he has held the position before and he has ties with King Galen.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*Darkclaw turns to Abaddon*

I like your chit idea. But will you trade resources for resources at same trade values? And how frequently will you change your prices? Will your prices be good for a moon, or can they change based on your last customer? Can bob in front of me get a good exchange, and than when I come up after him, the trade values change becasue bob bought alot of steel? Is there a limit of the number of resources a customer can trade for or buy with the chits?

Before you ask, I worked in a counting house as a guard a while back and picked up some things. I'm always on the look out for good trades that will heelp me survive.
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

(To Aurora in amusement)

"Trust your eyesight, eh?" he says with a guffaw, pointing at his ruined left eye. "That shouldn't be much of a problem. Though my father always said I had an eye for details."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora bites her bottom lip all shy-like*

I'm soooo sorry Daine. I didn't mean for it to come across like that. I just meant I have an eagle eye when it comes to seeing things. Sort of like that flare you stated for detail.

So, do you have any thoughts of my idea about rulers and a Constable?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Darkclaw,
We expect prices to remain the same through a moon depending what we have. As far as limits, as long is business is good, there should be none of those. We will off direct trade if people want to. In fact, that's part of the idea. We will also sell or buy recipes Dependant on price. I think everyone will get a good deal." Abadon says.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

(laughs again)

Ah, don't worry Aurora. You'll find it's pretty hard to offend me. Anyways, (puffs out his chest) it kinda makes me look tough, doncha think!

But I do like the idea of someone to keep the peace, if crime is going to be something to worry about. Whoever it is shouldn't be the highest up in the chain, though. I can't say as I have much faith in heros protecting me after what happened in Haven.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks at him*

My Uncle would know what he is doing and I bet if you talked to him about it he probably has a few ideas on security already.

*She shrugs*

I was just thinking. People start asking questions about who is in charge and it would be nice to give them an actual real answer.

By the way Daine thanks for not being offended.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I think at the very least we can Tell them Lord Galen is in charge. That will server for now at least until we hash it out." Abaddon says.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

That's probably a good idea. But if the safety of this fort and the people in it's an issue, I would be interesting in helping in any way I could. I guess you could say that back in the fishing village I found out that those that can't protect themselves need someone who can.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks at him*

King Galen isn't physically here unfortunately Mr. Abaddon sir and I get the impression people want the direct chain of command and the rules around here.

The more people that arrive the more questions will be act and I just am uncomfortable to not have an answer to those questions.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman