Return from Frostfell: Chapter 3 (Witch Demon Pass)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos nods and listens to Annika story and when she is finished*

Thank you for sharing. I'm was not aware of the importance of the cloak becasue I was not there when it was given to Gideon. It is good to know we do not need fear death by these ghosts. As for the baby, let me see something.

*Arthos studies the baby for a time, (Detect Magic)*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid moves to the far side of the encampment*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Walks over to Lord Corbyn, whispers something, and then returns to where she has been standing.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

((Taki, the cloak disappeared with the last man, who grabbed it and was then killed... it dissipated with him, however the child still remains and it is certainly acceptable to consider having recognized it the moment you saw it -- the cloak is very distinct.))

*Annika nods to Donovan.* "Yes, Donovan, it was the same cloak that has been in my family for many, many generations, and now is in Gideon the Rider's care. I do not know why that woman had it or what relation she might have had to my family, but it was nigh instinctual to react to it."

*Annika smiles warmly at Arthos's words, then looks at Vir-Drake when he asks for the child and then she shakes her head from side to side while holding the baby still. Surrounded by Arthos, Donmayo, and Vir-Drake, Annika looks up from the ground upon which she is sitting and asks of Donovan:*

"Donovan, may I have a word with you in private?"
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*After Arthos looks over the baby his eye brows raise and he scratchs he chin. As Annika rises Arthos says*

Annika, the baby you are holding seems to be of magic. If you wish I will take care of the child for you while you speak to Donovan.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan nods at the explanation of the cloak, though his grim visage does not change.*

"Certainly," he answers when Annika asks to speak alone. "Here or elsewhere?"
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika nods to Arthos and hands the child over to him gently. She stands up and brushes herself off, arches and cracks her back one more time and then smiles tentatively at Donovan and nods in a direction to the east.*

"Just over there, if you please."
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika and Donovan walk off together alone and speak for some time.*

*In the meantime, Arthos, who is holding the child begins trying to wrangle a child who is growing antsy and crying occasionally.*
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Baby

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos takes the baby over the fire and trys to calm it. He try's to give it food and some water seeing how solid and alive this baby spirit is.*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*The child eats down whatever mushy or soft food that Arthos offers it and drinks steadily from the water bag; this seems to calm the baby down and he eventually falls asleep in Arthos's arms.*

*After about a half hour to forty-five minutes Annika returns alone to the encampment and walks over to Arthos.*

"I see you're doing well with the child..." *Annika smiles warmly at both Arthos and the baby boy.* "Have you been thinking about what we can do for him?"
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika yawns and looks more weary than ever.*

"I must retire for the evening... Arthos, I've been sleeping terribly lately, would you mind keeping an eye on the child for this one night?"

*If Arthos agrees, Annika will turn around and go back to her encampment with Donmayo and Midnight. If Arthos shows any reluctance, she will take the child with her.*

*The rest of the evening will be uneventful, with the exception of Bear Riders announcing when scenes arrive and depart, and assisting those who wish to participate. Unless a Havenite engages a spirit or aides those who are, they are left alone.*

*In the morning, everyone awakens, including any of those who participated in the scenes. The child is still with the group.*

((Nelkie, let us know here if you have the child. Taki, let us know here, if and when you return with Donovan.))
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

Arthos does keep the baby and has no hesitation on taking care of the baby.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*In the morning you will see Kels standing on the edge of the encampment by himself bow at the ready*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn walks over to Kels and looks at him for a few moments before speaking. Keeping Lord Corbyn in her line of sight. She appears in about as good of a condition as she has been during the journey back and is still very quiet for the most part.*

Captain, might I recomend doing some scouting. There must be a possible quicker route home.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels turns to look at Kidwynn*

"No, I think Annika knows her land better then we do. This is most likely the fastest way out of here."

*With that he turn to everyone else*

"Shall we get moveing?"
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"