Robert Enters the Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"Wow...Queen of Briars. That sounds way better than Fluffy. Alright so, are we agreed that a small group of non-elves can go by foot to Haven and a group of elves can use the portal?"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

"Mortimer? Is that the name you usually use when you travel? I have heard stories of a great woodsman, but Mortimer was not his name."
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

looks at Zeira, then at "Queen of the Briars". "thats to long...Briar, that will work, short, easy to remember, would you mind if i called you that"
carfully watching the exchange between robert and mortimer.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Mortimer regards Robert curiously. "The only other name I've gone by is Beldar, but I changed it after my father passed, to honor him. So if you heard of a great woodsman by any other name, I am afraid he could be no greater than second best."
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

A grin appears on Robert's face as he walks over to clasp hands with Mortimer.

"So you are Beldar! Well Met friend. This is truly a blessed day to have you here when need is so great. I have heard of your skills and more importantly your character which I hope will not disappoint."

Robert pauses for a moment as if he was thinking of saying more, then decide against it. He turns to address the rest of the group.

"I believe we have a mission before us, to scout the Elves and to see what information can be gleaned. This is not an invasion so I do not think we need to worry too greatly how we will enter Haven. I have some contacts, and if we can stay out of sight I believe we will find a way in once we arrive."

Robert turns to Esmeralda.

"By your leave, I will take who will follow me to Haven and back, safely, if hope lasts."

Robert waits to see if he has leave, and who will be coming....
Chris
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi stands and walks over to his chest. From within he pulls several pieces of armor, a bedroll, and his sword. The sword he attaches to his belt. The armor he rolls in his bedroll and throws over his shoulder. He then walks over to Esmerelda and holds out his hammer.

"It'd be a shame for the elves to get their hands on this. Keep it safe for me."

He looks to Robert

"When do we leave?"
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Virgil shifts eagerly. "I will go....nothing more to add."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra had walked in to the inn, snow gathering on her cloak. She had caught enough of the conversation to know that a plan is being developed.*

I will be glad to accompany...

*She pulls back her hood*

...Of course, I can stay and defend Far Reach in your absence. However I can be of most use.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda smiles at Robert. "You should know you do not need my leave to carry out the work you do. But by all means, take those who will journey with you and see what you can discover. There are so few of us left that escaped that night." Her face grows somber and Robert can see the depths of sorrow that still lurk within her eyes.

"But if it means something, please, go with my blessing. I too shall soon be setting out on a journey. I have someone willing to take me to where the remains of the Woodhold army are. I am going to see if I can broker an alliance with them.

"I would ask one thing of you though." She looks at him entreatingly. "Come back safely."

Reverently she takes the hammer from Malachai.

"I promise to make sure it remains out of the elves' hands as best I can. Thank you for entrusting it to me, I am honored."

Turning to the rest assembled, she asks, "Who else is willing to assist these good men in their efforts?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"I will go but I need someone to talk to Ingram or Vaun. I'm not technically allowed to leave without one of their permission."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Go Zeira. Be the eyes. I will make sure it is okay. I am too old to be running around in the woods, but I will provide what assistance I can before you all leave."

Abaddon says.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

*Rhul stands*

I will accompany you if needed. It's possible my skill in woodscraft may be useful, as well as my more brutish talents, which unfortunately, (he says as he heaves a deep sigh and glancing down at his hands) seem to be the only talents of mine held in any regard lately. While I understand the feelings of the need for subterfuge lately, please remember I am not a simple beast of burden, to be dismissed after the need for violence is gone.

*he looks towards Malachi with a smirk*

Of course, the spot of manual labor lifting beams and stone was quite refreshing, have no doubt of that.

*looking back to the room*

.....But first I would like to find Serith if I could. He said he had something of importance to do several weeks ago before the trip into Caldonia, and I haven't seen a trace of him since, which is worrying these days. If anyone can give me an idea of his whereabouts, it would help. As an aside, I'm quite sure he would also relish the idea of causing havoc with the elves, and would be a good bit sour if we left him behind without asking.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Mortimer regards Rhul and the Queen of Briars a moment and then nods. "Right, well, this group should blend in fairly well I'd say. Have you two met? Fluffy, this is monkey. Monkey, fluffy. Perhaps when this is all over, we could start a carnival."

He takes another gulp of his drink and looks back to the queen. He then holds up a finger while gulping the rest of the glass. Afterwards, just for a moment, he looks thoughtful, and then, recalling their earlier remarks, says to her, "One more ought to do it." He then secures a final drink.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Robert looks at Morimer and says "Yeah on second thought I think I will join you in that drink. Perhaps it is best not to set off right away for the trip will be long and difficult so let us enjoy ourselves now and wait to see if others wish to join.
Chris
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Mike and I discussed and we will wait until Monday To "set off on the quest"

This will give time to anyone who wishes to participate. On Monday we will continue this on the continuing adventure page.

Do NOT feel like this will be the only thing we will be doing as we can run multiple plots at 1 time. These upcomming plots, including this one will have an impact on the entire year's events.

It is possible that there could be some kind of danger in this quest in particular to your character in particiapting, but anything that involves possible death will be played out before game on at the first event.

Loss and gain of items though are fair gain. This medium gives us much more control over rewards so I assure you that the possibility exists for treasure and other boons. We could determine results based on a random die roll or any other method we choose.

If you do not agree to these terms then do not agree to go on this quest, but if you do partisipate and loose an arm I dont want bitching. Likewise if you do not participate and someone gains the sword of ultimate destruction I dont want to hear bitching. I promise we will make this plot and future plots very interesting.

Chris who promises no fluff
Chris