Brokehill Quest: Chapter 5

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

dier_cire wrote:*ponders how people walk in front of someone when they don't know where he's going...* b
*Very carefully and not very gracefully ;) *

*Lambic ignores the bickering*

Dallid refresh us on what we can expect here, please. I would like to walk into this clearing as prepared as possible. I am always one for having a plan, even if they never work out. It makes improvising later easier.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

That is the Tower. This is – was – Brokehill. We face far more unknown than known. I agree with Shale – our best option currently is to proceed en-mass. With the unknown laid out before us, wisdom would have us keep everyone, with their collective myriad of abilities, close at hand. In the open land outside the Tower, we can bring all our numbers to bear, if necessary.

Brokehill was slowly destroyed by an unnatural plague. Equally unnatural wraiths, apparently apparitions of the plague victims, prevented the living from escaping. One of the recent visions indicated that a Monolith within a mausoleum is still guarded by wraiths.

That is what we know. What we can assume is that we march to war against the undead. An insubstantial foe is generally, but not always, immune to mundane attacks. They must be struck with magic either channeled through weapons or cast directly. Those without such magic can still defend with shields or distract the enemy. Let us return the lost dead of Brokehill to the Circle at last.

Also know this – we are agents in a conflict involving at least two powerful wills. One has guided us here. Another has just attempted to dissuade us through the forces of nature. Which is in the right is unclear.

However, what happened to Brokehill is clearly wrong. We are here now to stop it, undo it, thwart it however we can. Let us start there, at the Tower. Brokehill also had a quarry, and thus our ultimate destination may be a cave. But I suggest we consider that option only if a search of the Tower proves fruitless.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Listens to Dallid*

Well, unless anyone can cast anything on these blades of mine, I will I guess be of no use against the undead wraths.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos comes from the forest, looks at the people bickering and shakes his head. He looks at the tower and grabs some dirt and run it through his fingers and sniffs it* (Detect magic, spot, wilderness survuial (level 4 druid), is this place natural?)

Looks at his friends and allies, and turns to Ka. I will take point to detect for traps, magic, and anything out of place (spot). Watch my back and make sure nothing sneaks up on me.

turns to everyone else. The rest of you please follow closely behind and be ready for anything. As group we have the best chance to stay alive. I have best chance to detect something amis and hoepful prevent it. (By the way, everyones sword is imbued so it can swing magic, it was cast on the weapons before we left the town). Get into postion so you can best use your abilitites and lets move forward and search the tower for information. From this time foward we move as group until we leave this area. Does any one have a problem with this?
My Thoughts

Aaron
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

*follows closely behind Don Mayo*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Stays in front of Kels unless he opts to move in front of Kidwynn and follows the group.*

*mumbles looking at her swords*

Humm..wonder if there is a way to make the effect more permanent...
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

* Kels draws his sword bows his head for a moment (enchant) then puts it back readys his bow (charges it to use magic) then steps to the side of Kidwynn so that he can see infront of everyone*

I think that we should at least spred out a little so that if anything does happen it wont happen to all of us at the same time.

*waits for everyone to start moving*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Waits a few seconds before following whomever else is in the rear and sneezes another soft little sneeze.*
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal walks to Dallids side and stands ready.*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Heads toward the Tower*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Walks alongside Ka, picking thorns out of clothes and grumbling something about how he should have brought a tailor along.*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Hearing Corbyn*

Once we stop moving I can fix that for you Corbyn luv.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

*Ka finally seems to relax some now that he can smell combat soon to come*
Drake
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Drake »

*Drake barks out orders to the Phoenix*

"Lambic and I will cover Shale as he gets his boom ready. Seth, you keep on Dallid and do what he tells you. Kels, you give us a small flank with Kidwynn and watch our backs."

*Drake then addresses the group*

"I do not have a magical weapon because I wasn't with you in the beginning. So if we are getting overwhelmed I will pull off as many as I can and let you press on. Don't worry about me, just do what we came here to do."

*Drake then turns to Seth*

"Then that puts you in charge. So keep the birds flocked together"

*Drake says with a smile*
Captin Of The Azure Shields in the Phoenix Guard
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

We can remedy your lack of magic quite quickly. Either Ug or myself can cast the necessary spell.