Fishing Village Adventure

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid nodds*

Thank you. Would you tell us where the faceless ones, the one called Malcom, in particular, might best be found?
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*While looking at the are for worm track, trails, etc., Kidwynn's head perks up when she hears that name.*

Yes, I'm curious about this individual myself. I want to see for myself what this Malcom guy is like and all. What I wanna know is, and maybe you can explain this to me Dallid, how does a person without a face even survive. I mean doesn't he have to eat? How does he or it breathe?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Gomja555
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gomja555 »

"Any ideas there lad" Incarius turns to arthos

"personally, I agree with there plans and maybe send out some of our lads in other directions to try and find the lake. I mean how hard can it be to spot that much water , and we better do it before somethin else comes and clims it"

Turning back to the conversation at hand
" I met this malcome myself as did Dalid ,Shale and a few others but if you would happen to know where we can find him that would be most helpful
"Truth is in the eye of the constable"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

T'ru responds when Yalka appears to not know the answer. "Malcom comes and goes, quite literally and quite rapidly it seems. I don't know where he stays but it seems he can't make up his mind as to whether or not he wants to be here. I have yet to speak with him persoanlly but I have had many reports of him hunting this land recently. If you do find him, let him know I wish to speak with him as well."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Yes, my impression is he considers Phantara but a plaything for his amusement. As such I will not treat with him. However, perhaps others here would like to engage him with questions. For instance, if he is of the opinion this location never held a lake, then perhaps he knows where a lake is now.

*Turns back to Yalka*

You seemed concerned that the worm might harm 'evidence'. Would you elaborate?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Yalka examines Dallid again, as thoughtfully as ever when he finally snorts a bit and nods. "As I'm sure you know, Lan was a bit of a woodworker. I have periodically along the way uncovered some wood shavings. Someone who's around wood all day has been by this area. And then there's this..." Yalka draws Dallid's attention to a section of ground where he was trying to protect. There can be seen an indentation and a handprint. "The area here with its recent shiftings have created many dips which might cause someone who was paying little attention to stumble and fall. This mark here looks to me to be the size of a knee and then the hand print there shows a small hand with some force but not considerable. Based upon the consistency of the dirt and the depth of the two depressions, I would say the person who stumbled here weighed anywhere from 150 to 155 pounds and the distance between the knee and the hand suggest someone around five feet, seven inches tall, which roughly matches Lan's description. Between that, and I presume that is plenty evidence enough for all of you to see I am correct, and the wood shavings previously mentioned, I believe Lan came through this way and was heading for the fishing village as can be seen fron the directionality of the fall itself. Does that satisfy your curiosity or are there more questions? As you can tell, whereever he is, whatever has happened to him, I will discover the truth." Once again he eyes each member of the group...
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid nodds*

Questions? Always. But no more shall I direct toward you at the moment. You have my thanks for your answers to those I did.

*With that, Dallids attention shifts to the muck and soil of the lake bed. He bends down to examine it closely.*
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

FInd

Post by cole45 »

"For the love of the Forge I hope we find something soon." Chargoth grumbles. "I don't care if it's good or bad, but I'm tired of being up to my armpits in mud. now I don't have any fear of dirt mind you, I just don't like the idea of drowning it.And All this talking is making me antsy."
Travis Cole
Gomja555
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gomja555 »

"Lad, it may be best to keep your toungue in such situations." Incarius leans over and whispers to the dwarf " SUch considerations would deffinatly be worth a mug or two of ale when we return"
Incarius smiles and returns to watching the lake bed for any signs of a disturbance
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

After staring at each other for what seemed like days (OOG: sorry, I've been away), a lone figure travels down the hill, approaching the group. T'ru appears to recognize him immediately and when he finally arrives she says, "Give us your report Nak'ru."

The man looks apprehensive at the large group but does what he is told. "The lake is barely a mile from here farther south. It looks intact and Jarnell was still fishing in it, oblivious to what has happened."

The man's awkward approach and downcast eyes aroused T'ru's suspicion. "Is there something more?" Nak'ru looks around at the group, unsure of everyone, even those familiar with the fishing village. "It's all right," T'ru coaxes. "They are friends."

Nak'ru nods and says, "There was a body...it was horrible. So bruised, so beaten and...his eyes....they were gone."

To this Yalka perks up, "That would be Lan. Take me to him at once."

T'ru nods her assent and Yalka follows Nak'ru back up the hill...
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid stands and follows Yalka.*
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

GOOD

Post by cole45 »

"So does this mean we get to go back to checking out this river bed or do we need to look at a corpse?" Chargoth asked, in his usual gruff manner. He rested his elbows on the shield that was nearly his height and shimmered in the sunlight. Dents, dirt and rust scattered across it's well used surface.
Last edited by cole45 on Mon May 09, 2005 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Cole
Gomja555
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gomja555 »

"If you wouldnt mind the assistence" Incarius begins to follow not trully waiting for the answer to his question
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Hi

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos snaps out of his daze*

T'ru, that is good news about the lake. Let us discuss what FH can do to help with the transition of A'Chuk people to the lake.

As the rest of you, happy hunting, I will be at the village helping plan the move. Please stop by the village and get me when you are ready to travel back to FH.

*Arthos waits for T'ru and begins to discuss ways to help*

While Arthos was in his daze he was studing the mud.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Wonders back to the group after being able to slip away from people. She turns to Drake and Incarius.*

I so far haven't found any more signs of any large worms.

*Looks carefully at Incarious.*

Have I missed something for you appear either tense or annoyed.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.