The Trek Begins Again (The Rest of the Group)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika listens to Corbyn and nods.*

"I don't blame you for your questions, Corbyn... perhaps if I had been more vigilant in my scrutiny I would not have been the fool in all this. When a more opportune time arises, I will surely work with you all to resolve any concerns you have and hopefully make things right again between our peoples."

*Annika sighs, still tearful, but turns to Don Mayo, who has walked some distance ahead of the group, smiles wearily and says to him, almost to herself:*

"I will gladly receive your company and counsel, Wise One."

*If no one stops her, Annika will begin walking toward Don Mayo to lead the group once again out of Frostfell.*
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*As the party continues on they hear something approach from behind them, as they turn to look, they see Seth looking very angry and confused.*

"What is going on? I thought everything was settled."
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks over at Sethreal. Seth will note that she is significantly less colorful then usual.*

Little brother, we shall talk later.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid steps up beside Annika*

"What are your intentions?"

"After leaving Frostfell, that is."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

*Bows to Corban and moves into a position to cover Midnight and Annika both during the walk, by keeping himself between them and the out side of the party, or at least whomever else is close by.

-To Corban during the bow, "As you wish my lord." *there is no hint of any kind of mockery in his tone, and to look into his eyes would tell anyone he would die to keep his orders.

-To Annika, a some what strange look flickers in his eyes at the words 'wise one'- "It has been a great many years since any have sought my counsel, or called me wise one, but I could tell you stories of the men and women I have served... in my ways... but alas, I regret I talk not much of days long past or times soon forgotten in this new and brave world. Ah, but some ghost are best left in the past.

*From inside his robes he pulls out a hanky and gives it to her to wipe the tears away.

madam, it cannot rain all the time."
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Neshca get the crew under way as the others talk. He listin to them all talk as his eyes start to grow cold, and stone like. He pick up his pace to get away form those other than the crew. As he pick up his pace he looks at Robin with a statued look. and nods.*

"Will go ahead Robin and scout."
And what is he greatly thought , he nobly dared.
by Homer
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Whispers in Corbyn's ear a few time while they are walking, but is completely aware of her surroundings.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika continues to lead the group out of Frostfell and as she leads the hike she looks over to Dallid, who is now addressing her. Annika looks at Dallid thoughtfully and purses her lips again. After a moment, she heaves a sigh and says quietly to the few around her:*

"I originally thought that I would be going to Haven with you, to live and learn with you all... as I am now tasked with learning the arcane ways, and more importantly, learning to accept that fact."

"To be honest, Dallid," *Annika lets out a slow breath* "I also wanted time to myself away from all of this." *Annika waves her hand around as if referring to the land of Frostfell* "Although I had been longing for the past 7 moons to return home, I was also dreaming of the Frostfell that I once knew... not this..."

*Annika grows a bit more distraught in her speech.* "Returning to the shambles left of our people... returning to my betrothed dead and missing... only to have him rise again and then refuse me in front of everyone...returning to find that all I once knew about my mother is a lie and that I must now become what I was taught to fear and hate..."

*Annika shakes her head wearily*

*These things and more... these things were not what kept me moving in the darkness ever north. But... what did keep me moving were the thoughts that our people would be united and safe from any would-be tyrranical leader. That, I think we did accomplish..."

"It is evident to me that my role now as Gaula is minimized until such time that Severin sees fit to marry me. It also seems evident that your people distrust me too much, and perhaps all Frostfellians, for which I do not blame them. So, Dallid, I do not know where my path will lead me...*

*Annika listens to Don Mayo's words and readily accepts the handkerchief.*

"I will most certainly need your counsel and guidance as my life's journey takes me down the most unexpected of paths...*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Haven welcomes all whom are willing to contribute of themselves. It will accept you, if that is your choice."

"What of Zander? What do you see for him in the future?"
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika looks at Dallid as she walks and seems stumped as to how to answer his question*

"Good Sir Dallid, I am uncertain if I understand your question correctly or what exactly it is that you are asking me to speculate on..."

*At this time the path takes a sharp jut to the west. Annika pauses a moment and turns to explain to Donovan, Corbyn and Captain Robin that they will be heading southwest for a day or so as to avoid trekking through the Frost Wall Mountains.*

"We should reach the bridge over the Frost Flow River by night's end. That will be a good place for us to camp, and anyone else that may have straggled will surely be directed by Zander's troops this way -- the other way is a much longer trip and would take them through the Wastes. Surely Zander would not be so cruel..."

*Annika's voice trails off and if no one has any questions, she turns around to resume the journey, picking up the pace.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn makes a mental note for scouting purposes of where the group is heading. She leans over and whispers in Corbyn's ear. Her obvious mood reflects nicely in the cold that is Frostfell.*
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika watches Kidwynn walk over and whisper something in Corbyn's ear immediately after she addresses the group. Annika's eyes flicker a bit and she bites her bottom lip.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn notices the reaction, but does not say anything and after her and Corbyn's conversation she continues to keep an eye on the trail and tracks looking for any signs of trouble. She can be seen fiddling with something around her neck briefly as she whispers over to Corbyn.*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid's expressionless eyes remain on Annika*

"The question is no more or less then as stated. Contemplate aloud or silent, but ponder deeply and completely all the same: What path do you see for Zander - from now until its end?"
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika looks over to Dallid and asks with sincerity:*

"Is it bad that I do not want to do such?"

*Annika hoists herself over a large trunk which has long since fallen and continues forward, eyes carefully following the path.*