The Tipsy Traveler Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*Daine looks up fom his food as Darkclaw speaks*

You know, he has a point. I was so happy to see somewhere for my people to rest and regroup that I forgot to ask if this place has a name. The Keep and surrounding areas, I mean- not the Inn.

*Looks to Esmerelda and grins a bit*

Oh, and I have to apologise mi'lady, for sending you more work, as you seem to be the lady of the keep. I hope the new arrivals I brought aren't putting too much of a strain on you. If there's anything I can do to help lighten the load, please say so.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

OOG: sorry, need to catch up; you guys are too fast for me... 8)

*the seer flushes when addressed by Aurora and mumbles in reply to the question of them ever meeting* I have been here now and again...

*the dwarf rolling the kegs is given solemn attention when he answers the inquiry and an agreeing nod at his view*

*the refill of ale is taken with reverence but chugged as quickly as the last tankard full; when more guests enter, the youth maneuvers to the end of the bar, out of the middle of the crowd, trying to avoid Esmerelda's gaze in particular*

*when Abaddon enters, the blue eyes come to rest on the creature on his shoulder, then briefly flit up to his own, then away again*
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

*Takes another big gulp and then turns to look at Abaddon*

Hi! I'm Anon. You have games?

*Smiling with a voice and tone that makes him sound like a child*

Can we play these games just for fun with no stakes? I really love games, but I can't gamble to save my life!
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Eilonwy as if trying to remember again*

When I was first brought here by Uncle...didn't you tell me things were going to be alright or something like that. I just remember it making me feel less frightened of my new surroundings.

*Turns her attention back to Abaddon*

So what you give people hope by this gambling and then take it away?

No offense, but I just don't understand why such a place is needed. Just seems like it might make some people pretty miserable and things are difficult enough out here.

The good for the gambling are just things best served by the group as a whole for who knows who we will be able to get supplies from.

*Takes a sip of her coffee*

That's just my perception....
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon meets Eilonwy's blue eyes with his black and white ones. His eyes betray more than a little surprise.

"We have not met. I am Abaddon. I'm happy to another of the Lost here. There are so few of us. I am here helping Ingram. I am also bringing together as many of the ana'irri as I can find. I would be honored if you would consider. I seek a way back to Mistriallia."

His painted face reveals nothing, but his lips are upturned in a smile that actually reaches the edges of his eyes.

To Anon:

"Of course you canplay for fun. We would be happy to teach you anygames that you do not already know."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

*smiles and laughs a little, obviously oblivious to any serious conversation around him*

I think I am going to enjoy it here, but um...where is here exactly? I don't remember all this being here a while ago...
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Turns to Esmerelda with a sigh*

That thing you were talking about earlier, you were right. We should start my lessons soon.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Aurora, some like the thrill of a hunt, other's like the clang of battle. There are thise that like the trill of chance. They prostrate themselves before fate and a turn of the wheel. It can be as exhilarating as battle, and as seductive as the works of a courtesan. It's safer than fighting anyway. It would be unfair to ask these people to give up their few small vices after losing so much." Abaddon says seriously.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks at him with a smile*

If that is your take on things that is fine and all. I just have a different point of view then you do. I just...believe there are other things of more importance.

*sips the coffee and looks at Korrigan*

Oh and if you need a bouncer of sorts from time to time in case people get a little to drunk and out of control, since I won't be drinking for a bit, I'd be more then happy to assist.

*She smiles*

Believe me when I tell you that I do know how to use the weapons. I'm not a master yet, but I'm not new to the blade either.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*Darkclaw looks at Abaddon*

From my experience gambling houses bring the wrong type of people to a town. You know, the shady type that would be willing to sell their mothers for coin. I haven't yet seen a gambling place that has not attracted those type of people. I hope this towns has good security or people are liable end up missing stuff, if not being killed out right. But hey, it could be different here.
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Interesting. The Valkyn'vi put great stock in the cards, and the tests of fate. Perhaps you didn't have enough of us in your towns. No, anything made will be used to secure the town. The Ancient enemy builds their armies."
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

*Perks up after overhearing Abaddon's words*

Ancient enemy? They sound evil. I don't like evil people, they're never happy.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"The ancient enemy of the Valkyn'vi. Those who delivered us into the slavery of the Valkyn. The elves. They move again. I can not let them do another what tey did to the Valkyn'vi. Slavery,death madness, and eternal wandering. "

Abaddon says, his eyes dark and his fists clenched.
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

*His smile vanishes and sounds scared*

Elves? Never met one. But from what you say I don't think I want to.

*turns around back to the bar and sips from his tankard and after a while turns back around and smiles a little*

So where are all these games? I want to go play some.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*Daine's mood darkens at Abbadon's words and he stares into his coffee*

Hrumph. Why'd you have to go and remind us about the Sylvandari? There's no reason to darken the mood in here by mentioning them. I've got no problem with elves in general, but I'll make those bastards pay if it's the last thing I do.

But hey..... right now we should be pushing them aside in our minds. Make do with what we can right now I say, and if that means playing a little cards, I'm all for it. The elves can sit and shiver for all I care!