Entering the Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

"Atrum listens to both then turns to Ug*

Aah yes, it seems most don't understand what it is to pledge themselves to a Lord, sad that it has become just a matter of convenience.

*Atrum pulls a card without looking at the cards and lays it in front of Vaun before returning his gaze to her*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

"THANK!!!! :D ATRUMSSSS"

Goes over to the corner and moves a few things near the bunks around to clear a good sized circle area away...

So this should just take a few min. I am sure that they are ready with their end this being SUNDAY at 11:30, and soon I will have my end finshed and then MOM will be all home and happy time.. she gonna play go fish with me, and then soliders, and the we're gonna spar, and then it's talk like a Pir...err shipmate of siverdorin's army time! yep, got a lot of stuff to do today, Sunday the 14th...

*looks around to insure that no peasents are present...

Ok, here goes... say by the way, why are you called a storm else pale elf lady? you just look like a elf to me, whats the difference. I mean with my bestist girl elf buddy Nuk, here I can tell cause she is all dark and stuff, but you just look like you need a little more sun, which I can totally relate too, cause I like to ready and make magics and that is all inside stuff, so much so that mom has to yell at me to go out side and play in the safer parts of town and get some sun, she alway saying it's good for me, but I cannot see why, see what happened to nuk when she stayed in sun too long, now her tan will be there forever, at least that is what Arthosis told me when I asked why she was so dark, and of couse Ug say is just some skin condition or somethng, but I don't get that, maybe he will finish his spell and fix her and she can be less tanned... or something.. anyway...

*this goes on for a few some time while Eli draws deep arcane powerful symblos on the floor his hand is prefect and true as always, and he keeps it up for quite some time before he goes real silent and begins the actual verbal part of the casting....

(12:00 pm aka noon sunday 11-14-54 Eli attempts to open a recieving circle for the Frostfell people to come home by.)
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Chauncy Mass
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Chauncy Mass »

pulls his feet up onto the stool and watches gleefully as the spell begins
Hi... I'm not crazy
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug chuckles*

Me no Lord. Lords no leed Gilds, Lords leed Houzuz an' Thandums an' stuph. Me just Ug.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Yes Ug, I know what a Lord is and what it means to serve one. I was just stating that most that I have come aross since leaving the Steep seem to give it much less importance than I do. I believe that giving a Lord your allegiance is for life, not because it suits your needs for the time.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Nah, givun a Lord won's leegunce jus' meen it servun 'dere purpoze at dat time.

Now swearun' feeltie to dat Lord, dat totulee differunt storie. Me wuz asked to swear to serve in mannur dat soundud simlur to feeltie when me wuz in Gild uf Lite.

Dat why me leeve Gild of Lite. Me not know Giddywon enuf yet to swear meself to him in way dat can nevur be brokun.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Shakes his head with a look of sorrow on his face*

Your guild has joined a house that supports one that is called Lord of that house. What exactly do you think that means Ug? As I said before, the understanding of what it is to be a part of a noble house has been degraded to convenience, not just in Haven but from what I can tell in most of the nearby lands. *His face twists momentarily* It disgusts me to no end, to see nobility mocked in such a fashion. *face returns to normal* What do you do if your house decides that it should support one of the *word nearly spit from his mouth* Kings that seem to sprout like crabgrass? I have no ill will toward you, Corbyn, the Phoenix, the Griffon or indeed anyone in the Creacent Moon, but it is attitudes like yours that sicken me and make me believe that there is very little of true nobility left in these warped lands. There was absolutely nothing noble about what was wrought under that tree that night, not that Corbyn doesn't have it in him to be a truly noble leader, but at this time I don't see a house, I see an alliance born out of desperation, fear and impatience.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug's face goes a bit grim, and he stands. He puts one food on the bench and leans over his knee, staring Atrum in the eyes. In a clear and concise tone he states...*

Necessity Atrum. Necessity brings people together. How do you think the Haven itself was formed? Necessity.

You seem to confuse Convenience with Necessity. To some it may be Convenience, however to many of us it is not a matter of what is convenient. I have seen nothing to warrant distrust in Corbyn. Donovan tries to be a good man, but his word has become without meaning. I am putting my trust and my faith into the House to keep me and those I care about safe. If times were different, perhaps things would be different, but times are as they are and Necessity wills as it wills.

Nobility in your world is birthright. In my eyes Nobility is earned, and Corbyn has been doing well thus far at doing such. Nobility is not a state of life, it is a way of life.

True Nobility is earned. What sickens me is when it is taken by name rather than by action.

*Ug begins to cough and hold his head. He looks as though he may sick up for a moment, then sits himself down.*

Me nut feelun so grate.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum lets a wicked smile cross his lips but seems unaffected and returns Ug's gaze*
Necessity,*snicker* call it what you will but I don't think it was neccesary to try and run the Orcs out of town. They have fought alongside ALL OF US to try and cut a swath in the chaos to call our own. How were they repaid, by being told to heel, leave or die. All because some were afraid they may become violent if they didn't get their way. I cast no aspersions on the character of Corbyn or his actions, he is one of the few people that I have liked since the day that I came to these lands. Donovan, his eyes have been opened to the reality of what the world has become. He has forgotten the man who walked into Haven carrying a staff and wearing a hat and no armor, being asked to set aside his beliefs and honor under that tree affected him more than any could have known it would. Once he finds that man within himself again he will be on the right path again. And nobility is indeed a way of life, at least you understand that.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

When neither Atrum or Ug are looking Eli makes hand puppets of them and their discussion… J then with out further wasting of time he finishes casting his receiving circle around 12:00 pm.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Chauncy Mass
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Chauncy Mass »

Hold his laughter in with both hand as he watches Eli's puppet show, then leans forward in awe as the spell is completed

"'Ay now, dat's a right boffer sparckly dat is! Can yo pull a nun ouchyer alley?"
Hi... I'm not crazy
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*smile spreads from ear to ear

Well I can do lots of stuff and all that, but no sure what a nun or an alley are... hmm, I can make really big balls of magic... and I am learning to juggle them!

Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Eli's circle opens up and Eli is sure not to let anyone walk into the circle or disturb the receiving spell. After several minutes, the circle closes up as it has on numerous other occasions when it expires.*
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

UG!!!!!!

WHAT TIME DO YOU HAVE? Cause acording to my calculations it should be precisely the time for them to be back!

Do you think something could have happened? DO you think they are OK! Ka, as big and dense as he is should have rememebered to open a sending circle by now!

Chauncy Mass
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Chauncy Mass »

seems disapointed when nothing seems to hapen

" Pisser mate. A right boffer sparckly tho."
Hi... I'm not crazy