The morning after the rain

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi, a bit worse for wear and slurring his words slightly, almost stumbles through the doorway.

"M'lady, I'm needing a moment of your time."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora walks over and offers herself for Malachi to lean on.*

No offense, but you've looked better. Why are all you people who travel to Avantguard looking like you got the stuffing kicked out of you.

Where are the others like Theon or Cristo or Kerdwin?

*Aurora has an obvious look of concern.*
Last edited by Aurora on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

Ulfgar says he was interigated on the orders of Zeira, who has been appointed leader. *She leaves out the bit about the murder charges, looking sympathitically upon the dwarf*

They had extreme punishments in Avengard even before Zeira. He was executed for his crimes.

*Upon hearing Aurora's concern as Malachi comes in her tone changes to one that has the strain of one trying to be optimistic, but failing.*

Maybe they stuck around a little longer? It seems something is going on there. What happened?
Azra Celevares
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid enters the Keep, and is filled on what’s been revealed.

“Avantgard is a dark, dark place. However, I’d recommend hearing Zeira’s side of the story before forming any opinions. It would make perfect sense to incapacitate and interrogate a potentially hostile suspect. The methods employed may be questionable, and a healer should have been on hand, but the circumstances need another perspective or two should they be adequately understood.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi looks up, his face somber. His appearance is not as though he had been fighting anything other than himself. He looks drained of all energy. Aurora catches a whiff of strong alcohol as he speaks.

"Theon...won't be coming back."

The big man shambles towards a seat and collapses into it

"He fell at Avantgarde. He sarcrificed himself for the lives of others..."

He rests his head in his hands

"...and I wasn't there."

His voice catches, and he clears his throat

"I came back to return something I think you need."

He pulls his satchel from his back and draws a large object, wrapped in an oiled cloth. It lands with a solid thud on the table, and he draws back the covering

"This is Kalot's axe. I leave it to you."

He stands and clears his throat again.

"Might I fill my waterskin? I have a long road ahead of me. I am needed elsewhere, and I don't believe I shall be coming back."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Malachi confused as if in shock and not quite taking things in. Clearly taken aback.*

No...no that can't be right. Theon can't be....I've been with him when I thought he was gone before and he wasn't. Death didn't want him. I felt that...

just...no

*Aurora hands Malachi the waterskin she has on her, her hand trembling slightly.*

Here, take mine or use what's inside for yourself.

*She hold back a few tears and looks a Malachi.*

Where is Cristo?

Where is whatever kill Theon, I'll kill the thing myself...I swore to him when he was here last....
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra gasps, and raised a hand to her mouth, eyes glimmering slightly.*

No... not Theon... *She sits down, taken aback by the shock.*
Azra Celevares
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:shoots a glare at dallid:

shadowbane wasn't even in me hands when they- : ulfgar was cut of by malachi's words about theon and turned to face the craftsman:

"what did you say? :ulfgars was in shock as he walked up to malachi: " dead?.... Theon is..:ulfgar swallowed and closed his eyes thinking that any moment theon would walk through the door.:.. dead?"
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Alrion
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Alrion »

A shout echoes from a short ways off outside.

"I am looking for Ulfgar of Shieldsfall! Ulfgar, I need to talk to you!"

There is a sense of pleading and urgency in Alrion's voice.
The greatest atrocity of all is idleness.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid bows his head at Malachi’s revelation. “Theon died so that others might live. That is the way of the Cycle, and there is no more noble a way to advance through it. We will remember him, and rejoice in his affect on the world. Let the life enabled by his demise flourish. “
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:ulfgar clenches his fists: ah cannae believe this, theon. :ulfgar takes a long drawn out breath while listening to dallid speak and that seems to calm him:

"aye, your right, it will not make the pain go away all at once but knowing he gave himself for others will help. "

:then ulfgar hears a familiar voice as he looks outside he sees .:

"what the? alrion?" :ulfgar picks up shadowbane and walks out to greet him, sticking the head of his great axe out in front of him head down on ground as he usually did.:

:ulfgar knew already what alrion wanted to speak to him about and it annoyed him so he stood a few feet away from him:

"hello alrion, what do yeh want?" :ulfgars was stone faced and stared at alrion:
Rothek HowlingFang
Alrion
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Alrion »

"Ulfgar. I am here to try to help you. What happened in Avangard... this isn't adding up. There are many things stirring in the minds of the people, plots and machinations that scale back since well before I showed up there. I need you to tell me the truth. I need to know if you had any ill intent towards Fayte and Ark.

I will raise no sword against you, nor force any words from your mouth. I ask this of you as a friend and comrade. If you admit wrongdoing, it is well out of my place to do anything about it. I will leave you here with nothing more than advice to stay away. If you have not done wrong, however, then I will find the truth of the matter. This I so swear."
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:ulfgar pulls shadowbane from the ground and brings it to his shoulder, but then drops it to the ground. and walks up to alrion , there were still visible bruises and scars, but most notably his left eye. it had become clouded and taken a glassy look to it while right below was a small black jagged scar that looked as if something had started to tear ulfgars very flesh:

"i harbor no ill will towards ark. as for fayte, i don't know what yer talkin about.

'however if you have come to ask for me to return to avangard, that ah will not do unless i have Trusk, Zoku, and Atreus at my side. those grounds are no longer safe for me."
Rothek HowlingFang
Alrion
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Alrion »

"Then there is indeed and ill wind blowing through the trees of Avangard... your answer to me proves this, though I will not say how. I will not ask you to come back with me, as I fear I could not investigate whist worrying for your safety. But know that if you do decide to return, Zoku and I will be waiting and will protect you. No one ever can really speak for Capt. Trusk, but I'm sure he would stand beside you if you needed it. I have not heard from Atreus in some time.

But regardless, know that you still do have allies back there. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have hidden truths to find. Fare you well, Ulfgar. May you someday trust in us again."
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

" indeed it would sound that way, good hunting to you alrion."

:picking up shadowbane, ulfgar walked back into the inn and sat down:

"i need a drink" :he said as he reached under the table and pulled a bottle out that had a label on it that had "emergency supply" scrawled across it, he yanked the stopper out and tossed it over his shoulder as he up turned the bottle downing almost two thirds of its contents.
Rothek HowlingFang