new rule updates

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

On potion brewing. Yes you could brew something right at game on if you wanted, but then on Saturday yu might really need a potion and then you wont be able to brew it. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

they're talking about the advanced rules. As it stands each path but wizard has specializations they can pick up.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Over the next YEAR? And in the mean time, for those of us, Jared and I particularally, who are over level 100... what do we do? Are we given a choice to take one of the path perks from another path instead?

As another matter - umm... are the Master Wizard spells posted anywhere and I missed them? All I see is Basic and Advanced. >.< Master potions are there... but the spells seem to have wandered off to form a mafia. I'm sure that's what they've done. Cheeky bastards.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

We'll work on it this week, just for you Christen. As always, we aim to please :wink:
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

*nuzzles* And in return, I shall be a good little larper and not bitch and whine like a little girl. I'm still very uncertain of these new rules, but until we see them in the field, being a nance does none of us any good. I'll hope for the best and love to be wowed when they kick my old school set's ass. I twitch because I basically lose my path just to be able to do what I could do before, which really, really blows... But, this isn't about what's good for a few players. It's about what's best for the game as a whole, so I'll just look on the bright side and be content.

Thanks for all the help and... patience. I know we players, and me in particular, are very... uptight about this kind of stuff. It's easy to be a reactionary, less so a visionary.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

The master spells are in there above the potions. I bolded and cleaned up the headers.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

All i can say for now about the Advanced Rule set in reagrds to Wizard, is that you will still of course have open option for Perks.. and as for Specialities outside of the Path, of course.. as long as you have the original Skill you are always able to pick up a Path Specialty.. they are not limited by your Path but by your individual Skills.

As for Path specialities for the Wizard, I perosnally would like to see the Path played out for the year, see the spells and potions in action before I throw more monkeys in the pot.. so to speak.. Also since it is a bit different than any other Path it will be more difficult to come up with Specialties.. Where Each Path (minus Expansion skills) has about 4 skills per level.. Wizard has 16.. it will take work, but I do not want to leave you out in the wind either.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

*nod* I understand. And please, for the love of pants, DO NOT think I am not grateful for ALL the work you guys have done. It's a huge and nasty task. It's just hard enough with a new path, to be sans the Perks everyone else gets just because our disciplines/ path got messed with most.

Suggestions:
% off of cooldown /recharge on spells?
an extra basic potion?
May carry 2 Master focus items, or 2 advanced?
May add 1 category to labs (basic can also count as advanced?)

Just some ideas to help. I was really looking forward to my path perks... and now I basically don't get any. *sad face*
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Those were exactly the type of ideas I was thinking as well. I think we can get something done soon with the knowledge that it may need to be tinkered with again as we see how the path works
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Just wanted to check we now get to pick any of the current racial boons that exist in the rule book regardless of race?
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Correct
Chris
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

questions, happy easter by the by.

-what is the armor restriction on dual weild

-what is the size restriction, some have short only, others as long as one is of shorter size it dosn't matter

-the advanced thingy says
perk
basic path speciallity
perk
etc.
is it possible to take another perk instead of a speciallity?

can you take speciallities of path skills that were not your original?

can you take say warrior as your main path then take jack of all trades as your skills from another path option, example:
master warrior
master witch hunter
full basic jack of all trades

i figure yes but just want to make sure, same question for wizard

thats all for now :D
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

can you take say warrior as your main path then take jack of all trades as your skills from another path option, example:
master warrior
master witch hunter
full basic jack of all trades

I will field this as it is a great question. The answer to this will have to be no as it will be cheaper that buying skills the old way as it will allow you to bypass the ordering syquence.
Chris
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

In response to the Advanced Skills - the answer is Yes, you may choose a Perk instead of a Path Specialty at the levels you would normally get them.

And you may take a Path Specialty of any Path skill that you possess, it does not have to be your original Path.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

If we wanted to spend the points and buy skills from other paths, sould we spend those points to buy the other choices from our main path?

Like if I had basic warrior with Deterimation, CR, Vigor and hold ground. Could I spend 20 points and take Use Bow or Use Sheild?

Also If I have warrior mastered and if the before is allowed do I have to buy all avialable basic skills before I can buy advanced or master ones?
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.