The Return

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Smiles at Serith*

I was more asking for volunteers, looks like you just did so.

Mohdri, please do, you and Serith can take us near to where they are so we can get a look. Korrigan you stay here with the rest, hopefully we won't end up needing you.

*Turns to Mohdri and Serith*

When we get close we'll split up Mohdri you go right and observe and Serith and I will go left. If they hear one of us the other can surprise them or get back here for help as needed.

Whenever you're ready Mohdri we'll move out.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

*To Korrigan*

"Yeah I guess your right about that. Sometimes I overplan and then people get confused. Usually the simplist answer is the best one. I dragged you guys along on this so I feel obligated to make sure we're all..."

Zeira stops for a second and thinks

"Dammit, I'm doing it again..."
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan pats Zeira on the shoulder and lets out a muted chuckle.*

"Yeah, but don't worry about it. You actually give a rip about people, and that's good, but you need to decide what role you're gonna play. Stepping up means taking responsibility, so if you're going to sit, sit. If you're going to stand, stand. Don't wobble."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(OOG: Just chiming in to say I haven't forgotten about you guys and will continue tomorrow--was away for Labor Day weekend and then got busy at work)
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

After s few moments past,

"Let's do this" and begins to move to the right of the encampment.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The three depart in the direction that Mortimer indicates and are surprised at the distance it takes until they themselves are aware of the group ahead. As Atrum, Mohdri, and Serith split, loud voices can be heard, as if they were arguing, though the words cannot yet be understood. Closer still, and it is clear that one is half yelling, half sobbing, and the other is comforting.

Soon the group takes shape, three bodies, though only two are talking.

"I can't believe we left."

"We had no choice."

"There is always a choice!"

"Then we would have ended up...the same..."

"We have to make them pay."

"We will."

"When?"

"As soon as we are able."

"You mean never."

"I mean when we are able."

"You've always been yellow."

The conversation continues in much this way. The group does not look well equipped. Their clothes are raggy, almost peasant-like, their weapons inadequate, and their bodies worn down though, for two of them, their passion is obvious. The third simply stands, staring blankly into space, either from lack of sight or lack of hope.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira lays on the ground waiting for the scouts to return

"I sure hope everything is going alright with Atrum, Serrith, and Mohdri. How long do you think we should wait before we check and make sure they are alright? I'm thinking like an hour maybe."
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey leans up against a tree and nods his head in agreement

"I'm good with that. I just hate waiting around waiting! It puts me on edge..."

Brey's hands are on his weapons. His eyes dart from side to side scanning the area for anything that could be deemed a threat.
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"I'm pretty sure they're dead," Mortimer says. "Either that or whatever they've seen or heard is so confusing that they simply don't know what to do, but no worries, I'm sure whatever it is will simply move on in the very near future."
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira laughs at Mortimers words and stands up

"Well I guess if they are dead we better go loot the bodies!"

Zeira stands up and starts heading towards the direction Atrum and the rest of the party went
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Mohdri listens to the conversation for a little while longer, then decides its time to act....

Action: "8 Magic" from range at no particular target but inside the camp area.
*Then Mohdri steps into the clearing helmet and cloak hood in place to hide his ears...*

"You will not go for your weapons (as he charges another channel magic) as you are surrounded. We do not want to hurt anyone, but we will defend ourselves with lethal force if necessary.

Who are you and where where have you just left from?"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The two who were talking freeze in fear at the first sign of attack, but the third never seems to notice, not even when Mohdri begins to talk. At this distance, some sort of brand can be detected on the third near his hairline.

The one who was more angry during their previous conversation, smaller in stature, is the one that talks now.

"Name's Weller, and this is Brem and that's Del," he says, referring to the talker and the non talker respectively. "We're from wherever you want us to be from. We're hard workers if you need something done."
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Stilll holding the magic chharge,

"What we need from you is a little honesty. Where are you from, and (glancing at the brand on Del) is there somthing wrong with your friend there (genuine concern in Mohdri's voice)?
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

A few moments later Zeira stumbles out of the bush's upon Mohdri and the other travellers

"Man you guy's take forever to scout. I was actually worried for a second..."

Zeira looks over at the travellers for a second and speaks

"You're are from Haven! That is the mark the elves have been using on the people there!"

Zeira waves his hand in front of Del's face looking for a reaction and speaks to Mohdri

"That's why no one can get out of Haven. There is magic in those brands that keeps people bound there by sapping their willpower away so they don't want to leave. Too bad there's no one here that can check and see if it can be removed..."

Zeira looks around the area and coughs a little
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Obvious relief can be seen in all but Del when it becomes clear that they are not in immediate danger. At Zeira's words, Weller says, "Yes, yes. So you know. You can help." Talking quickly now, he continues, "We were trying to get to Caldonia because we heard we would be safe there, that there were people there who could help us. Please, what happened made no sense. The Elves came around, asking for the whereabouts of Quell Belle, which is Del's brother or was. They were asking like they thought he was alive but he had died when he was but a baby, murdered in the middle of the night. When they heard the news they seemed...pleased by it somehow. Well, of course Del Belle would defend Quell Belle with the help of his sister Nell and mother Bell Belle and they were no match and they did this to him and we got him out and ran, vowing to come back with help..."