Robert Enters the Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Attrion!!
Virgil says lowder than he thought. "its cheap, requires few, and is really effective, if the elves want land leave no land thats habitable, we shouldnt just go attack them, go to haven and set fire to the fields, murder every elven patrol you can find, steal there suplies for our own, kill any who support them so nobody will dare support them, poison the water...i could go on, personaly this is my favorite type of warfare.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Mortimer mutters under his breath, "I guess that's one way of going about it."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Regardless of the various methods of warcraft we intend to employ, Lord Atrum is right. We simply can't discuss it here."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Robert stares at Virgil with eyes like steel.

"You would destroy and kill good things in order to reap revenge on an evil foe? This is no option me and my men will be party too."

Robert turns to one of his men, wipers something, and the man salutes before heading out the door.

"This is the time to speak plainly, and not for stealth even if that time will come soon. There is one truth and that is we lack information. Something does not seem right and I fear there is a greater danger than what war can bring.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira closes his book and stands up out of his seat

Fine then. I'll just let you all figure it out. Just trying to help.

Zeira picks up his things and leaves the inn
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Someone walks in as Zeira walks out and tosses off their hood, revealing a woman with furry black ears. "I can't believe how so many faces outside can be so cold on such a nice day!" She says, smiling brightly.

She stops and raises her eyebrows at the silent room. "On second thought...I think maybe it's colder in here than it is outside." She says, pausing, before tossing her cloak over the nearest unoccupied chair, revealing her fluffy black tail, which twitches in agitation for a moment as she scans the room and finally decides on a seat near the drunken man, Mortimer. "Then again..." She says with a sideways smile. "You look warm enough."
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Virgil sypitheticly looks at robert. "I would rather it be destroyed by our hands than to see it used by evil to spread evil, everything can be rebuilt in due time."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

"Zeira" crys Robert as he is about to leave. Please do not let temper get the best of us. I will say again that this is the time we talk...all of us talk. There shall be no back froom discussions today. You seem to be one who understands things lost to the memory of others. Please tell me more of your theories"
Chris
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Mortimer gives a sideways glance at the furry lady and says, "honey, I ain't drunk enough yet." He then gulps down another drink, belches loudly, and says, "though admittedly I'm getting there."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda turns a cold look to Virgil. "Innocent lives is NEVER an acceptable price to pay. And that is what your methods would cost the most of."

As Zeira gets up to leave, Esmerelda runs up and places an arm on his hand. "Please stay, Zeira. While you and I may not always see eye to eye on things, you always have a a way of making me see a side to things that I had not previously considered."

Shifting back to Robert- "What else could the elves want in Haven? There were always lots of ruins around the town. Is it possible that there may have been An'Dar ruins there that we were unaware of and there is somthing there they are looking for?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I do not know, but I do know we need answers. I have heard a tale that Zeira was in a battle where the adversary was able to cloud the minds of all who fought him. It was zeira, as the story goes, who was able to see that each beast though different in appearance still fought the same. It is precisely these skills that are needed now for I fear the elves keep forcing us to look right when perhaps we should look left.
Chris
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Raises a eyebrow at Zeira's tantrum, sighs audibly, shakes his head and rubs his temples*

Ziera, stay or go, but please don't act like a babe in arms. Your input and ideas are certainly desired and appreciated. But don't act like a suckling in need of mothers milk. You are better than that, I have seen it.

Abbadon and Malachi spoke of magic, and it does make sense that the elves would want old magic. They may have even taken this eye already. And no one can deny that Haven draws power to it.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira stops at the touch of Esmerelda and turns toward the room

Your right...I'm sorry. I just let my attitude get the best of me sometimes. It won't happen again. Thanks for calling me on it Atrum.

Zeira sits back down at the table

Well then. If we want to find out what's going with the elves we are going to have to go to Haven. Just a small group though and not anybody too recognizable. The group could then infiltrate the town and give us specifics on certain things such as the number of elves, what they have as far as weaponry, and if they have some kind of secret weapon. At the same time this group could see if there is anyway to convince the natives to fight the elves. If it turns out that the elves are looking for something, that same group would be responsible for finding out what it is and, if it's an option that isn't too risky, grab it before they do or destroy it so it can't be used against us. Also if the elves are being controlled or manipulated into doing this we can try and figure out by whom and why.

Now. This isn't an attack on the elves and we wouldn't be trying start the rebellion at this time. It's just a chance to get to see what our enemy is up to and clarify what the best approach to the entire problem would be.

So is this a good idea? Bad? What could use some improvement? Is this even viable? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"there are guards on the gate to haven, so any trip would need to go the long way around" Abaddon says, rubbing his hands as if they hurt.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

How long does it take to walk from here to haven? Are there any other portals near haven that we have coordinates that are more unlikely to be unguarded?