GM

Post by GM-Mike »

So much for 100%...

I can guarantee that will be changed...
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

The version in the master database, reduces your life to 1, and you get it with the lash effect. It states if you resist it, your lp is zero.
Travis Cole
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

One of the major problems I see with players and potions are the tags. I have several potion tags which are nothing more than a torn off peice of lined paper with just the title of the potion on it. That's it. No explaination. No nothing. Granted, I can ask someone, but then I'm only going by the word of the person I asked as to what the potion does. Based on what I've seen in thread, chances are they are going to give me incorrect information. Then I will execute the potion effects as to what I remember that person telling me.

So why don't we use pre-printed standard tags for potions not only stating the name of the potion but the effects as well? Get rid of these little torn off pieces of paper with just the name of the potion on it please!

(kinda like we have now for spells and the potion recipies)
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I agree because I was all kinds of confused when someone gave me a potion of the vampire. They told me one thing and then I went to npc camp and checked with them and relized I was doing it all wrong.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

That was one of the organizational things that was vaguely addressed at the last player's meeting that was going to be focal this offseason.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I vote for both Arcane and Alchemy to be axed until they are balanced properly. :D
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Nice one, but to that, I would like to direct everyone to your signature..

:lol:
dier_cire wrote:My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Folks, If you are handed a tag that does not have the full decriptin on it, it does nothing. The rules for alchemy tag states. Again, this issue would be easly resoveled if people would follow the rules.

In order to obtain an enhancement,one must spend time with a sage,have a spell cast upon them by an Arcane,or drink a potion from an Alchemist. Because many times the Alchemist will not be present when the potion is consumed,a tag system is used to describe the potion.All potions,
on the inside of the tag,will describe the effect of the potion
.For easy reference,all chemical enhancements will have a triangle symbol upon them and all poisons an X. Because all chemical enhancements are considered transmutations,it is important to know that these changes take 15-30 seconds to take place,during which time the player should read the effect of the potion carefully.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Except Aaron, they are right, there have been in the past potions written on index paper due to improper resources at NPC cam, or disorganization (again, that's what we're working on this year)
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

With the new database printing the ENTIRE TAG , this is a non issue for the future.

AT WH, we give them the tags, but if we ran out or something, we'd need to do the title thing too.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Even if the potions where written on an index card or a simple piece of paper, should they not have what the potion does, not just the name of the potion?

Now if NPC gave out a potion tag that did not have the description, I would say it is up to the player to get the clarification from NPC camp.

I will admitt there are no rules written on how to write a potion tag, but a little common sense can go a long way.

Carps have excellent potion tags that I have used in the past and worked well. Maybe FH could use them.

And is not the alchemist responsiblity to bring there own equipment to make potion tags? to me, that's like a warrior showing up with out there weapon.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Actually I'm pretty sure that Art made up some tags for WH that are more suited to our game. They are a little larger for our longer descriptions and don't have the things we don't need on them.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

At wh, we make the alchs come down and GET tags. this makes sure that they are correct.

(we even have them make potions, put what they made in their folder, and then we give them the tags if they don't feel like heading down.)

This makes sure the tags are always correct. It's been experimental this year, but I like it.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

cole45 wrote:At wh, we make the alchs come down and GET tags. this makes sure that they are correct.

(we even have them make potions, put what they made in their folder, and then we give them the tags if they don't feel like heading down.)

This makes sure the tags are always correct. It's been experimental this year, but I like it.
nice. always good to track that stuff.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I like the idea of NPC camp holding the potin tags, but this is a lot of work to be done by the NPC's. Not to mention the number of tags is always increasing becasue of new potion research.

Is this best application of NPC time? Maybe WH has the enough suport to do this, but for how long? I have seen system like this work for a couple events before the crumble because nobody supported them. I hope it works for WH and it should help make sure everyone is doing potions correctly. But who in the long run will make sure new potion tags made every event and create new tags for the new potions that have been researched for WH and FH. It boils down to time and money which is hard to come by these days.

On a side note: I thought the GM handed out Alchemcy tag recipes was suppose to take care of this issue. What happened? Is the true issue players are not writing down the full descrpition of the potion when they make there tags? To me, it sounds like people just need to be informed and the rules enforced.

My personal opinon is alchmey tags should be made by the alchmist. And if they can not write out the complete alchmey tag, then they can not play an alchmist. It puts the work back on the PC where it should be. I personal would want the GM's and NPC worrying about running plots and the game verse makeing potion tags for lazy people.