July Tales for Garret

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Listens to Jux and appears to want to say something, but Kels stops her out of concern it could be taken the wrong way.*

*After the orcs leave, Kidwynn shakes her head.*

Here I thought talking would help for I am a firm believer in parlez.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug stands up and steps to the Inn doorway*

YOU TINK PEEPOLE FRAID OF GROK? YOU TINK MARG BIG POBLUM FER PEEPOLE? DEY MOSTLY FRAID U JUX. U WHAT MAKIN DEM UNEEZEY. AND U JUT EMPUZIZED ME POINT.

*Ug steps back into then Inn, but turns*

AND A NUTTER TING, U SHULD TREET GROKALANA BETTER. SHE ONLY ORKSIE WIT BALLZ ENUF TO BE COMIN INTA TOWN LONE TO TRY MAKE PEESE, BUT SHE ALSO ONLY ORKSIE I EDDER SEE DAT MIGHT SOMEDAY MABEE MAKIN DE GOOD DIPOMUT.

*Ug leans back against a post and stares at the doorway.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks over to Kels and grabs her gear for the Brokehill quest before turning to Ug.*

Hense why I was talking to her for I was trying to find a middle ground we all could start talking from luv.

*Looks at Kels.*

Let's go find Sethreal and prepare to head out.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

*sits quietly in the corner, never drawing a weapon or even looking above his hat.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Grok

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos eyes glare red at Jux*

Jux, I speak my mind and do not hold back. I say what I think and do not try to hide it. I only speak for myself and do not repesent any house or guild at this time. So, If my words hurt, than maybe there is some truth to them. Why is it so many people stood by Donovan and My side when this conflict happened? Maybe becasue the way you are acting and are acting now. If you think I manuplited them all, you are giving way to much credit. I'm curious on what you want to tell everyone about Donovan and myself to everyone. I have nothing to hide and look foward to what you have to say. If you wish tell everyone in the INN how evil and vial I am. That I make stupid descission and I have no honnor. Tell them I tried hold back your share of treasure form plots, how I have sought to kill the orc's from the get go which is not true. Please tell them I make stupid deals with dragons and have a loud and anoying voice and never shut up.
I will tell you this. I have always shared equaly with everyone when treasure is found, I have shared information with people when they ask, I have never stole anything from a town member, I have never killed a town member, and I never have purposfully plot or planned to hurt another member of this town. I might be loud and talk alot, but I have not taken any actions against another town member until that night against the orc's. So tell me, how am I evil.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok, who was sitting talking to various people as Jux entered, looks up mortified as Jux begins his tirade. Once Jux finishes and walks over to the trail, she sits there stupidly uncertain what to do and confused by all of the goings on, her mouth slightly agape*
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug glares*

Yeh Jux, so dere! Jus cuz our Artos a luttle returded, dudnt mean he evol! He jus as speshul as enywon elz.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug looks over to Grok.*

Grokkalana, can me talk youse for few mumunts or youse gotta run oder to bigmouf?
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok looks nervously from Ug to Jux outside*
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Grok

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos leans down to Grok and wispers into her ear*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Fy'Rin stands and makes his way towards Grok, ready to defend her if the need arises.*

You make a very good point Ug.

Grok, has been trying everything in her power to keep the peace between Haven and the Orcs. Though it would seem that her words are falling on def ears on both sides of the line.
Thy soul shall find itself alone ‘Mid dark thoughts of gray tombstone – Not one, of all the crowd, to pry Into thine hour of secrecy. ~Poe
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Grok, go to Jux. He said he is your leader, and surely he does not lie. Do as your leader says, as is your way. But, if he will hear you, please ask him to bring the Orcs back to Haven. Ask him to let them mingle and converse with the others, so perhaps less fear and more understanding may result. Staying away is not the answer. Isolation is not the answer. I would ask to talk with him myself, but I must leave for Brokehill momentarily.

Hopefully I may talk with your tribe upon my return.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan walks out of his room at the sound of all the shouting, ink stains on his sleeves a quill in his hand. He is unarmed, and he watches the excange between Ug, Grok, and Jux with concern playing across his face. He appears alert, but there is a weariness evident in his eyes. When he speaks, he addresses the room in quiet, measured tones.*

"I have had enough. I have had enough of battles and bloodshed, I have had enough of slander and secrecy. I have had enough of hatred and harsh words. I have had enough of laws, I have had enough of plots, and I have had enough of lies."

*Turns to Grok*

"Before you go, know this. Neither I nor anyone under my command shall take action against you or yours. If someone does, you are free to deal with them according to your tradition, for they are not acting by my will. I cannot erase the contempt you hold for me, nor can I bridge the gulf of mistrust that lies between us, but I can offer an apology for any wrong I have done to you. Our ways differ greatly, but until the members of the town came to me and begged me to abandon honor in the name of necessity, I never wished ill on any of your tribe. If my actions, words, deeds, or neglects have offended you, know that such an offense was unintentional and that I apologize."

*Adresses the room*

"To further this, I state the following: I renounce and will not accept any position of influence in the Haven. The Phoenix Guard will make itself available for the defense of the Haven at the will of the Constable and the villagers. I will advise any council that is conviened if asked, but will not sit as a member. I will continue to represent the House of the Crecent Moon, as it is not a governing body."

*Begins to walk back toward his room, but stops and speaks over his shoulder.*

"Let it be known that I and the Phoenix Guard will protect those in need, whomever they may be. There is no history so powerful that the future must obey it, and from this moment onward, we will not be bound to violence by the past any longer."

*If no one adresses him, he returns to his room.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ironhand »

*Ollumm stands up as Jux starts his Tirade without a second thought. He stands to his fullest hieght(nearly 9' tall) Locks eyes with Jux, never moving forward or backwords. Than starts to speak in a even tone!*

"Jux is this really the way you feel? Is this the fear you like to make? You could come and talk like Grok has done. Is it worth making more ripples in the pond? We as a group without elder, guildhead, or anyone in charge of us have come here to talk. To find a way to make things right on all ends if that can be made. But in lou of this tirade you are doing. It is looking blacked, blighted and torn once more. So much ground is gained by just talking things out. Why would you dishonor yourself in this fashion? You wish us to trust you! First try and talk to those of us that are new. So that we can get all the side of the tale. Not just the one that we have found so far. At least Grok is try to heal the ripples you are making. So I am saking you to come back in here and talk to us. Hell if anything talk and drink with me. So I have a better understanding of what your problem is. You are not a lone in this place Jux. There are others that I have seen that feel just as outside as you do. An I am bold enough to say I am one of them folks. Look at me I know of one other of My Kine in this land. That is KA, I am sure how many of my kind still live to this day. But I guess that is a mote point I am making. So come in and drink with me. Talk to me talk to us. Show us newer member of town your willingness to get along. "

*Ollumm stop's as Arthos and the others talk. Than moves to talk to Donivanna in his chambers. *
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum stands from his place behind the bar as Ollum finishes speaking*

As far as the laws are concerned I have asked the leader of each group to amend the current laws as they would like to see them and return. Donovan, Iza, and Roland, those are who I have asked to do this and then we can see just how far off from a compromise we truly are. Before anyone protests this I have cleared this with your house or guild leader so take your protests to them. Once we have all returned with our proposed changes we will sit down and begin to try and work things out. One of the problems so far has been that we are trying to establish laws and a system of implementing those laws in a rush when time and consideration should be the way that things of this nature are done.

*To Jux as he exits the Inn*

If you now speak for the Broken Tusk then I invite you to come in Iza's stead. I have no problem with that and will ask Roland if he does.

*To Donovan as he heads to his room*

Donovan, do you have a problem with Jux sitting in Iza's place at the meeting that we have spoken of? If so raise your objections now. If you do not wish to be a part of the discussion on laws then please let those that will know who you wish to speak in your stead and who you would wish to sit on a council if one is still part of the implementation of the laws.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!