A Stranger enters

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

The youth's eyes grow wide as the question of possible causes for the shrinking and disappearing buildings includes dream sequences. Blushing furiously while mentally perusing the list of recent dreams had, the white-maned head shakes in denial. There is a sigh of relief when another explanation is given.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*looks over to Corbyn as he says the same things as Donovan

"You two really have been through similar things here havent you?"

*Voralen walks over to Donovan

"Preceptor, how many times has this happened in haven? Because this is definitly crazy happenings in my book."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks at Volaren and then to Corbyn and Donovan*

Have the three of us seen stranger? What about that time you were at the pit...umm Pit of Creation I think and a bunch of ya were on another plane and all.

*She pauses*

Wait, didn't the landscape change around here once already? Ya know huntin' lodge...Lord Malcom....all that?

I think the trick is now how to locate this Plank individual and convience him ta bring things back ta the way they were...er should be. He only asked a minority of people what they felt and not tha majority.

*Takes a drink and looks at Donovan and Corbyn*

And well...yeah I'll just stop speakin' what I'm thinkin' currently
Last edited by Kidwynn on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

The blush returns as Kidwynn mentions the previous changes and circumstances.

In a poorly hidden attempt to focus attention away from those, "I think the lady pirate has given one option to pursue. Perhaps this Plank appeared elsewhere yet nearby. I'll just go look for him, shall I?"

Turns and starts heading out again.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Slams the drink from Kidwynn and slides the mug back for a refill*

Thank you Esmerelda. I will send word to the King and see if he knows of our new, mysterious friend.

Eilonwy, as this matter appears linked to Woodhold, I will investigate as best I can. Please inform me of what you learn regarding this individual. Take care...anyone that can do such things could be capable of anything.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn produces a bottle filled with what one could guess is rum and pours Corbyn another drink and sets the bottle down before drinking the drink in front of her.*

Donovan, the next one is on me.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

Gabrial seems to come to an understanding about the situation and thinks out loud.

"Does that mean all my hard work at the village is now all undone?!? Oh Great." He pauses and seems to be trying to remember something or things rather "Now lets see, there was the door on the..." He can be heard mumbling to himself as he counts things on his fingures and staggers to the table. Gabrial sits down and pours himself another drink.
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Dia Kuni
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dia Kuni »

Dia moved toward the Lady with the Big Hat and Donovan.

"You say this has happened before? What kind of weird place did I agree to protect!?" she reflects. "And that man...where he get his power? I WANT SOME!" she snickered.
Keep the Balance. Be the Voice for the Dead. Whenever a spirit cries out in anguish, be there to right the wrong, so that they may rest in peace.
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Yes that kind of power can make people want it very badly, and do stupid things to get it. This is the first time I have ever seen anything like this I wander if it is and illusion. I have been taken to an alternative dimension and back but never this…
Last edited by Lady on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

OOG note: Dia doesn't have a hat on her head...that's how she refers to Kidwynn by.

*Kidwynn looks at the Lady*

Dia was jokin'.

*Looks at Dia*

I have seen many a strange thing 'roud here as has Donovan, Corbyn, Atrum, Seathreal, and a few others.

Ta me this incident is just a part of livin' here. What we need to focus on is how to get things back ta the way they were. As Gabriel I wonder how much other stuff has been altered then just what we see 'round us here.

*She smiles a Dia*

If you have a glass luv, I'd be more then happy ta offer ya a bit of rum.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal raises his head rubbing his eyes as if he had been sleeping. He grasps his mug and drains its contents quickly. Slamming it down with enough force to crack the table, Sethreal begins to laugh. Softly at first, but gaining a ferociousness never before seen from the stoic man*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Sethreal with a bit of a concerned look.*

Seth? You alright luv? Want some rum?
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum walks in the door after helping Quen back to his feet*

OH FOR FLYING FIENDS SAKE! What is it this time? Another plane shift? Time manipulation? I thought we fixed that damn thing! Did someone wish they could do something over? No, I'll bet it was those damn ED bugs wasn't it?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Still laughing Seth stands and walks out of the Old Inn.*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Smiling, Donovan walks over to Corbyn and opens his journal. Both men look at the list on the page, at each other, and then at the page again. Laughing a bit, Donovan puts his arm around his old friend.*

"You missed a couple, but Voralen has it right. We've done this for too long."

*Glancing with a knowing look at Sethreal, Donovan crosses his arms in concern. Sometimes all it took was one more odd occurance to push a man over the edge. They had all been there, and the Preceptor found himself hoping that the young warrior was just expressing the same frustration all of Haven knew so well.*

*Donovan looks about to speak when Atrum enters but stops when the Lord Regent starts ranting. As Atrum runs down his list Donovan looks first at his journal, then at Corbyn, then back at Atrum again. The similarities too much to bear, the Preceptor lets out a wry chuckle that shortly builds into full fledged laughter.*

"Now that is funny. I suppose the next step is pretty simple."

*Turns to Eilonwy with an apologetic grin on his face.*

"Eilonwy, some strange and unknown power just changed the world around us in a way we don't understand. That's your specialty, I'm afraid. Care to look into it?"
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.