Arthos Party (First Relic)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin followed closely as well, ready to strike the elf from behind if necessary as they hurried along. Several thoughts ran through her head which she whispered to Arthos.

"It could be a trap, and his own fellow left him there to mislead us. Or, humans strung him up and we're gonna be getting the retribution for it. Either way, I'm nto much liking this, even knowing we have little other recourse."

She sighed, and kept her eyes on the dark elf, ready for whatever might be ahead.
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos shakes his head in agreement and wispers back*

What is there to do? We will have to deal with what comes our way.

*Arthos smiles a wolfish grin and readies himself for anything*
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Walking urgently, with purpose, the four travelers go another couple hundred yards into deeper brush until the dark elf stops suddenly, holding up his arm and waving the others toward him. Through several trees, a small opening in the ground can be seen. Outside of it, a splattering of dark brown mud splotches the area. From within the opening, a child's crying can be heard. The dark elf turns to whoever is closest and says, "Heed not the cries, it is almost certainly a trap..."
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos will strain to see what's in the clearing using (spot, wildreness survial, and detect magic. He will wait for a minute to see what is happening. If it seems clear he will sneak into the outskirt of the clearing to get a better view and see whats going on. He will try to keep concealed*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

While Arthos stealthily moved forward to look around, Robin turned to Atrum and whispered. "The chances of a child being out here in this wilderness is small. There isn't a settlement that I know of anywhere near here." She thought about it a moment and added, 'However, that does not mean the child was not traveling with parents who are in that cave as well... and icapicateted."

She sighed, not really liking their options at this point. She watched Arthos carefully, looking for any sign that he was going to be attacked or discovered and ready to run to his side if that were to happen.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum tries to find a spot where he can see Arthos, Robin, the opening, and the elf's face. While staying within arm's reach of the elf. Nonchalantly paying the most attention to the elf's face to watch his reactions.*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The elf stands near the others, watching Arthos maneuver around to get a better view. He appears apprehensive as his eyes dart around the scene. As Atrum and Robin also maneuver slightly to get a better view, their rogueish eyes catch what at first appeared to be a trick of the weather, but after a lengthier glance, it appeared in fact that the mud splotches were moving ever so slowly toward some central location. They would come together within a minute or two...
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum tries to quickly assess whether Arthos sees the spots moving and if their coalesce point will be close to Arthos. If either is true he looks to Robin and nods then nods towards the elf and moves to warn and\or aid Arthos knowing from past experience that they work well together*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos makes his way back to the group to report*

The child is in the cave, but this is a trap of some sort. There are dark spots in the mud that are moving towards the cave entrance blocking our path. I'm thinking the spots are some sort of slime or creature that will try to kill us. I don;t see a way to sneak past them into the cave.
Here what I suggest, I can see if a bll of energy can disperse them. If it does, we can make a run for cave entrance. If not, we fight and clear a path the hard way.
What do you three say?
*turns to teh dark elf*
Have you seen these spots before? Are they dangerous? What do you know of them?
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The dark elf looks frightened and speaks in barely a whisper, as if afraid the splotches could hear him, "I know nothing of this place or of these splotches, but I will help in any way I can." He stands, awaiting orders.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum visibly scowls at the elf and starts spinning his nangato in his hand so that the blade is rotating on an axis parallel to the ground*
You know, we could have just left you to die. DO NOT believe that because we saved your life and followed you here without question that we are fools or will not do what is neccesary. Now, tell us what you know, you have obviously been here before because you did not waver or question yourself as to whether you were heading in the right direction. We came straight here, no stopping to check landmarks, no redoubling of our route. I grow very weary of your game, it's up to you whether I continue to play along or end it.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The dark elf looks more frightened now but responds very quickly to the accusations this way, "I knew where this place was as it was my orders to check it out, as per our intelligence that there was something in there that they wanted. But we didn't know what it was or why they wanted it but I was attacked before I got here. Now, we have time for all of this later, but those splotches, whatever they are, are about to reach their destination, so my question to you is, do you want to wait for that to happen and interrogate me now or help each other and do this later?" As he speaks these words, a glance toward the cave shows the splotches are within a half a minute of reaching each other, directly in front of the mouth of the cave...
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Arthos, charge your energy and then let's all move out, hurl it when we get close, if it disperses them then we keep moving if not then we fight.

*To the Elf*
If you can hurl magic charge it now and go with us.

*If the elf doesn't have a weapon on him Atrum hands him a short sword and stays close to him*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos nods in argreement with Atrum, charges an engery ball. He takes lead and when he gets close he throws the engery ball at the closest dark spot. If possible he will try to make it to the cave. If he makes it to the cave he will charge more engery balls and throw them at the dark spots until everyone gets by them*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin, being the rather impulsive person that she was, had been temped to make a break for it and get into the cave while they were talking beofre the mud condenced at all. Time spent with an elf must have tempered her, however, as she simply nodded in agreement with Artum and fell in line. She had her two short swords out and ready, knowing that they had to have eachother's backs. She took the rear guard, making sure nothing came upon them from behind.

While they waited fro the magic to charge she asked the Dark Elf quietly. "Who, exactly, are the 'they' of whom you speak? Who sent you here?"