Question about my Character sheets

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Salvatore_Tenhammers
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Salvatore_Tenhammers »

Zeira wrote:I don't want it to be limited to a specific skill (Use Shield). All these skills are usable regardless of the weapon you use, with exception being ranged attacks and are not limited by armor.
Fair enough.

Perhaps tie them with specific weapon types?

Just spitballing. Overall I like the idea of "Stances". In my opinion they are a great replacement for +1 damage
If you want it we got it. If we don't got it, we'll get it.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Define "Different weapon types" and how the skill would look with the change.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Warrior
Basic
Last stand changed into Dual Wield. (Warriors should be able to do this.)

Advanced
Crush changed to Bladed Expertise=-1LP to call 3 Vorpal with a bladed weapon. 10 second reload.
Battle Tactics changed to Headed Expertise= -1LP to call 3 crush with a headed weapon. 10 second reload

Master
Single weapon specialization changed to
Diehard-passive-When a Warrior is hit by an attack/effect that would put his life points below negative 9, Diehard automatically activates and his life points are brought to -9 instead. This skill cannot be used again until after you have been healed to 0. For example, James has 5 LP and is hit by a 30 magic. This would bring James to -25 LP but is instead brought to -9 because of the Diehard skill. He is then hit by an 8, while he's on the ground. He is now at -17 because he has already used the Diehard skill once while in the negatives and must wait until he has been healed to 0 before he can use it again.( this was Kiel's idea from something else but I don't remember where.)

I want these to happen.
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I detest skills that have a reload/charge time as well as a LP cost. No skill needs both of these disadvantages and if you are using it as a balancing factor the skill is already.

Diehard made it so the next attack that would bring you below -9 would bring you to -10 regardless of the actual damage. The skill only functions if you are at -9 or above. -10 means you need Surgery.
Salvatore_Tenhammers
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Salvatore_Tenhammers »

Zeira wrote:Define "Different weapon types" and how the skill would look with the change.

Bladed Weapon
Blunt Weapon
Pole Weapon

or

Short Weapon
Medium Weapon
Large Weapon

or

Dagger
Short Sword
Long Sword
Bastard Sword
If you want it we got it. If we don't got it, we'll get it.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Salvatore_Tenhammers wrote:
Zeira wrote:Define "Different weapon types" and how the skill would look with the change.

Bladed Weapon
Blunt Weapon
Pole Weapon

or

Short Weapon
Medium Weapon
Large Weapon

or

Dagger
Short Sword
Long Sword
Bastard Sword
NOOOOOOOOOOO.

dont tie skills to specific weapons, i think we do that enough as it is, i understand that sometimes it has to be done so that specific skills cant overlap and become broke, but unless that is the case it should not happen.

people should be able to use whatever weapon they want, and RP it any way they want within reason.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I agree with Josh.

I like the FH as a abstract system and tying the skills to weapons moves away from that.

not that they can't do the same thing, just take the weapon requirement away.
Travis Cole
Leo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Leo »

I really like the Diehard idea for warrior, I think if we're looking to find new master warrior switch out skills that is definately a canidate if i ever saw one.

Are there any faults or loops that i can't see?

I was thinking roach and meditation might be an issue, but you'd have to build a character with that stuff to do this and nobodys invincable. I'm not worried about possible OP builds.

Oh, and regaurding specific weapons, I think the most we should ever do is, bladed and blunt if that really matters but past that no more. Its good.
Leo Edanis of Geldaland

¤º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„ ¸Free to do what I want Forever!! º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

die hard is good. Needs to read you can't have shoes on for it too work. heheh.
Travis Cole
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

and you must activate it with "yippie kiaya muthaf#$%@&!"
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i really prefer the stance idea over diehard.

i also prefer weapon spec over diehard

but thats because as i know it could be usefull, i dont think it will be used as much as the other two. stances will be used many times every combat, WS will be used all the time every combat. diehard would be used maybe once an event, maybe.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

maybe...but neither of the others two can keep you from a chip draw like die hard....

I'd take die hard anyday

Leo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Leo »

Plus its like dive for cover, how often have you seen that work for one person several times an event? Not often, but when it works its oh so satisfying. Its the Rogue version of diehard, basically lol.
Leo Edanis of Geldaland

¤º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„ ¸Free to do what I want Forever!! º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i just dont like skills that REQUIRE you to get owned to activate, but thats just me :roll:

also the jump away from game stop is WAY more usefull:

first, most spells are an area effect, so theres a bigger chance your going to get hit, rather than a single target packet actually hitting you.

second, the fact that it only works at a certain threshold of life, "oh crap i have 25 life and was hit by 30 magic, that master level skill does nothing at all. . ."

if you want evasion skills play a rouge
if your afraid of magic grab resist magic.
both will serve you many more times over than a diehard skill would, and you will be happy for it.

re stating the obvious
either keep WS
or go with stances, its a good idea and many people seem to like it
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I will preface this with, the following is not an attack on your person, but rather an attempt to shift your paradigm.

i just dont like skills that REQUIRE you to get owned to activate, but thats just me
You see it as getting "PWND" or whatever the gamer term is, BECAUSE you are approaching this like a gamer. In a story; which is what a role playing game is SUPPOSED to be, at times the characters are going to be defated. Its not getting owned, its part of the journey. Getting owned implies winning and losing applies. In a role playing game they dont.
also the jump away from game stop is WAY more usefull:
just an opinion, and I cant say a well thought out one, since the area affect may not even affect the PC or may not injure them to the point of death. Hence the dive for cover skill will likely save the PCs life LESS often than the die hard idea.
first, most spells are an area effect, so theres a bigger chance your going to get hit, rather than a single target packet actually hitting you.
Die hard doesnt say the affect that send you to -10 or more has to be packet delivered, it could be an area effect spell/event.
second, the fact that it only works at a certain threshold of life, "oh crap i have 25 life and was hit by 30 magic, that master level skill does nothing at all. . ."
correct, because its isnt designed to do so... scout doesnt do anything fopr you either...because it isnt designed to. I think you need to try to get your mind around that fact that just because a skill doesnt make you a bad ass in every combat doesnt mean its not highly useful.
if you want evasion skills play a rouge
if your afraid of magic grab resist magic.
both will serve you many more times over than a diehard skill would, and you will be happy for it.
Again, untrue. Evasion will only save ya one when hit in rapid succesion, die hard works every time your dropped beyong -9. Res magic only works on magic, die hard will work on the 12 vorpal to the back when your at one life point that os from a non magic source. Neither will serve you as often as die hard UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES that die hard are designed to avoid. BOTH work better in the situation THEY are designed to avoid.

Honestly, your comparing apples to oranges.
Last edited by Wyrmwrath on Wed May 04, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.