huh?
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Im going to try and be more clear

Weapon Focus in warrior is MESSED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please for the love of all that is good in the world stop trying to balance everything else around this 1 mistake. :)

Here is the fix..remove weapon focus skill from the warrior.

Infact I am going to run a vote on teh GM forum to make that so for next year.

Now if none of you can come up with a skill to supliment this then you warriors will simply go with out a skill as I feel you are pretty bad ass as things stand.

And I am in a fantastic mood incase you think I am mad, or hurt, or not paying attention to your feelings, or not understanding, or ignorant or any combination of feelings I cannot predict. be happy, and debate within the guidlines given on an early page.

Thanks for your attention.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

lol, I'll give you so many ideas you will eventually hear something you like.
ImageImageImage
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

lol, I'll give you so many ideas you will eventually hear something you like.
You don't know Chris very well do you... :wink:
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I'm just going to keep posting this one for a new master warrior skill to replace Weapon Specialization.

Fighting Style

This skill allows you to change your fighting style. It takes 5 minutes to change fighting styles.

Offensive - This style allows you to deal "2 Crush" with a headed or blunt weapon or "2 Vorpal" with a bladed weapon or a pole arm. This skill has a 10 second reload time.

Defensive - This style grants the user 1 additional armor point for each location of armor they are wearing. These additional armor points do not increase the wearers armor category. (This ability may be good enough to simply stand on it's own)

Balanced - This style grants 1 additional life point and the ability to resist press. If you already have the press skill you are immune to press while using this style.

Along with this comes a bunch of cool new items for warriors that craftsman can make.

A weapon that increases the offensive styles damage by one.

A weapon that decreases the reload time by 2-3 seconds.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Honestly your stance idea is by far my favorite.
Chris
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

just sounds too much like mimic.
ImageImageImage
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Yeah...It's very much like Mimic. That is the intention. It is supposed to represent that warriors are the masters of combat and can change their tactics as needed. Also it appeals to almost every kind of warrior out there from archers to duel wielders to sword and shield.

Mimic however gives you access to like over 20 different skills...this gives you the choice of 3. Druid gives you 5.

I guess my questions are this...

Would you use the skill?
Do you feel it is overpowered?
Do you feel it is useless?
Is it too hard to understand?
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I like where you are going, although I would make one suggestion.. I feel that the names Defensive and Balanced should maybe be swapped..

I can see a Balanced warrior having more soak - and thats it (actually this used to be a skill in the game before Combat Reflexes)

And a Defensive warrior would be one that is harder to move out of the way (when defending someone or something)..

I might even say up the damage on the Offensive side to "3". Keeps it below Druid (which it seems closest to) but it is still a reload ability and a faster one than Druid to, plus versatile based on your weapon.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i dont like the deffensive one, i dont like the idea of adding even MORE soak to armor

full quality deffensive stance = 20 armor. . .thats alot

although i do like the offensive stance, and agree that maybe it should be 3 per damage

and ballanced seems. . .okay

to answer the question.
i do like this idea, and i would use it :)
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Leo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Leo »

The only thing i could think of is change defensive and balenced, and change the current defensive.

I agree the +1 for each armor point is a bit OP, but if it were to be replaced by maybe 3CR because thats not repairable and its not too bad of a soak increase, or maybe just give them disarm as a balenced skill, then it doesn't do damage so its not offensive in that sense, but it also doesn't increase soak. It can be used offensively and defensivly thus making it kinda balenced like the style suggests.

If I had a warrior I'd use this for sure.

Infact I might build a warrior just to play this if it goes through.
Leo Edanis of Geldaland

¤º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„ ¸Free to do what I want Forever!! º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

cr is repairable, even more so
Chris
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

The armor one is the only one people seem to have a problem with so maybe a rewording is what it needs.

Defensive - This ability causes each location of armor you are wearing to protect you as though it was one catagory higher. This extra protection does not increase your armor catagory.

Since there is no catagory above heavy it benefits the lighter armored warriors when they use this style. It also makes it so the overall soak of the game does not go up.
Salvatore_Tenhammers
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Salvatore_Tenhammers »

Kiel:

What if the Defensive Stance was somehow tied into using a shield?

I bring this up because the Offensive stance bonus is weapon specific.

Just a thought.
If you want it we got it. If we don't got it, we'll get it.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I don't want it to be limited to a specific skill (Use Shield). All these skills are usable regardless of the weapon you use, with exception being ranged attacks and are not limited by armor.