Return from Frostfell: Chapter 4 (The Final Chapter)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Anvyrin Onyk'undi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anvyrin Onyk'undi »

*Vir-Drake steps forward, addressing the whole group loudly*

"I agree with Donmayo. No one knows if they are still casting there circle. No one knows what will happen if we walk in and the receiving isn't up. From what I have heard didn't you all end up in different places when you got to Frostfell? Who is to say that will not happen again, or worse. I say we walk back. I think we all need to clear are minds and come to terms with the unfortunate events that happened in Frostfell before we get back to our own damn bickering in Haven. What better to do that than a nice nature walk home. Plus, Annika will not be left alone out here. Period."

*Vir-Drake looks Corbyn dead in the eyes*

"So I suggest 'Lord Corbyn' that we walk back."

*Vir-Drake won't wait for an answer but walk over to Annika, start making a fire for her, and set up his own camp*
Vir-Drake

Former Captain of the Azure Shields
Former traveler with evil
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Annika has made this trek at least twice before on her own. The Bear Riders respect her ability to do so again. We should offer similar courtesy."

"Also a clear mind is the result of rest, and we shall find none out here. The faster we arrive at Haven, the sooner the healing can begin. These wounds should not be allowed to fester."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

Awaites his leaders ruling before moving.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

We cannot tarry here, our friends at home have had to deal with the perils of the area around Haven with minimal defenses for too long. Once the circle is opened here at a time when we hope they have opened one on their end, I will step through alone as Don-Mayo suggested to determine if we may return safely by those means. Arthos, Don-Mayo, I leave the timing details to you, just let me know when, and any instructions I should deliver to Ug and Eli. If I fail to return, make haste towards Haven by normal means.

*I will be out of town for a couple days, assume I go through when our casters advise me to.*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan has been standing silently at the edge of the Ice Plains where Arthos and Ravinal found him. Upon hearing Corbyn's statement, he moves swiftly in front of him. His voice is monotone.*

"I am afraid that is unacceptable, friend. You must survive. I will test the portal."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Overhears the conversation and walks up glaring with determination at both Donvoan and Corbyn.*

Sorry luvs, but we cannot afford to loose either one of you.

*With an icy resiliant tone*

I'M GOING THROUGH!

Just call it scouting ahead and I am after all a scout among other things.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Neshca looks up at them all with a smile that creeps across his face.*

"Corbyn, Donovan, and Kidwynn there is not reason to fight over this. I'll do it with McEwan and well take Jason with us as well. That way if anyone of us get hurt we have a healer with us. An than you do not have to have anyone get hurt that is important to the town. Plus we are use to been sent in as grunts. That is what we do best. So what do you say?"
And what is he greatly thought , he nobly dared.
by Homer
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks over to Neshca*

Not arguing, just fulfilling promises made by looking out for those two.

*She looks confused*

Important, me? Nah, just a grunt.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels looks at everyone as if to say something but he does not*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

As I understand the nature of Sending and Recieving Circles, the journey is one way only - and a journey that may not be undertaken at all if the path is incomplete.

However, an Arcane should know better the details of the spell.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Walks over to Kels and it appears as though she is trying to talk to him.*
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Neshca nods to Kidwynn, and looks right at Dallid. Than back the to group at hand.*

"Dallid you are most likely in the right here. I am not for the magic's nor is McEwan, but Jason I do beleive understand them a abit. That was the other reason for take him along. "

"An you are right as well Kidwynn we must keep the promises we have made. That is the other reason I am asking to go. Made an oath to keep Robin and Corbyn both safe. I am not one to reneg on that. But I know that sending three folks ahead that have worked in tactical spot. Is a better idea than losing someone with skill such as yourself. So you are not a grunt, your skill's are need if things turn out bad. To help get the other home safely. Where if things happen to the three of us. We'll not be messed as much, plus we will have Jason with us. He is a skilled healer and guide. Plus I think that Kels would be mighty pissed at us if something happen to you. So let us go and do what we are good at."

*Whips his eyes up and lock them to Robin than speaks.*

"I am asking to do this so as to show good faith on our end. So let us do what you know we are good at. "
by Homer
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

Dalid my peaceful guild mate, allow me to explain what I mean.

First. We here create a sending circle, and send someone to Haven.

Second. Once they arive... if they arive... they inform the mages in Haven that are casting the receiving circle to drop it and then creat a sending circle in order to send them back here.

Third: I believe it will take nearly half an hour to get that sending circle back up. During that time they can explain to them what is going on and that the rest of us are waiting to return, so they can then cast a new receiving circle once they have sent back our scouts to us waiting here.

Fourth. Once those our scouts go we have the mages here cast a receiving circle and hope that with in an hour or so they make it back.

Finally: all of us go into our new sending circle and step out their new receiving circle.

All goes to plan we are home in about two hours. All fails, then the scouts are stuck in the either.

From what I have gathered on the circles, the first attempt to enter a sending circle, before the Havenites knew about the recieving circles at all. they were trapped in the either. Once there it took them some time to find a way out. This establishes conclusively that YES you can be sent with out a reciveing circle to land in. They were lucky, I do not think we should trust the fates of a majority of Haven to luck, that should be step through and have there not be a circle in haven to recieve us we will find a way out before we starve or are killed by the things that inhabit that place.

We send a party through, they go, they land, they return, we then all go through. Two hours of our time are worth... our very lives.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Listens to Neshca and nods, her face displaying much fatigue and exhaustion. Her voice still cold.*

I understand oathes and the whole tactical side luv. It appears as if you and I actually have one in common. Intelligence and all based on what I do know of such matters agrees with your assessment.

*Looks back over to Kels and waits as if searching for something.*
Last edited by Kidwynn on Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Neshca nods to Kidwynn statement, and look s at Donmayo, and listin to him.*

"I agree with you on that one Donmayo. It is better to send a small group thou. Never know what could have happened in the last few moons. An if we get trapped well. That is the will of the old sea hag. Either way there and back if all things good well and done. "
by Homer