new rule updates

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

If I had one phys rep for three mechanical labs, if someone were to destroy it do they destroy all three or only one?

Probably all 3.

Do I need to repurchase a lab every event or just when it is destroyed?

Every event. All of the potions are now free so the lab is in place to encourage you to buy and that is how we are sneaking back in the costs.

Note you are paying for the tag not the physrep. :)

If you were shaing a lab I would probably charge in game money especially if people just wanted to borrow the "basic" lab. You ofcourse wouldnt have to, but sometimes people dont think of that kind of thing.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Also for note.. In regards to Alchemy Labs with what I believe was discussed to answer an earlier question ..

A character may only receive an additional 4 Basic Potions, 3 Advanced potions and 2 Master potions during an event, regardless of the number of Alchemy Labs they have or use.

Chris, if this has changed please feel free to correct me.

Also it was discussed that if you do combine all 3 Alchemy Labs into 1 then if it is destroyed, all are destroyed.. Makes it a gamble.. Do i put all my eggs in one basket for ease of use, or make multiple to be safer.. it is all up to the player.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

So basically to get the effects of my one really good lab I have to hide my three not so good labs from players negating any role playing associated with my lab.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Alchemy Lab Questions/Comments:

1.) I think you need a visual example of what is considered an appropriate lab physrep. Maybe someone can grab a digital camera and take a pic for the new rulebook, or one of the PCs can digicam their gear and send it in? Because I think it would be helpful. I used to use a big cauldron, but I'm not sure if that would still be considered an appropriate phys-rep.

2.) For clarification, are alchemy labs required to be in an open space? Maybe not a public space, but someone you would reasonably expect a brewing potion (which may be hot, have an odor, etc) to be able to brew properly?

3.) Are Alchemy Labs required to be stationary during brewing?

The reason why I ask is because (Although I'm sure it was allowed and I'm not attacking anyone for this), we have/had people who carry around brewing potions in packs and belt pouches that continue to brew during melee with no ill effects and while being transported, and in closed (sometimes LOCKED) chests and under beds and other unlikely places. Since there is no rule regarding it one way or the other, I think it would be helpful to have it clarified whether this is appropriate or not.

I may have missed them, but I didn't see them mentioned in the write-up, so I though I would ask before the "book" is finished for the season.

Thanks! :D
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Discussion made me think of this, thanks Angie.

Additional:

As a clarification, are we to understand that perhaps with the 1 phys-rep being one lab (Since they all would need to be tagged anyway) should it maybe take one minute per lab tag if you had an appropriate phys-rep to represent all three?

IE: If there are the multiple tiers of lab, it should technically take one minute to destroy each tag anyway, wouldn't it?

Otherwise, I am hella confused as well. I understand needing to have multiple phys-reps if you have brewing labs in multiple locations, however.

It would still be easier to destroy three labs if they were all in one place (you wouldn't have to look for them), but it should still take you a minute per lab tag, regardless if they are ALL together, or in separate places. Basically, I am saying I personally think the "minute to destroy" time needs to be per tag, and not per phys-rep. I mean, the destroying person could pick whichever one to do first, but could only do one at a time.

Sorry for repeating myself, as I am sure I did several times. I got boggled.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Current Rulebook pg. 58

"Potions must brew in a STATIONARY location with a clear label that states that potions are being brewed. This brewing process can be disrupted."

So, no labs are not mobile. The location constraints I think would be limited to the potion. Some (albeit old) recipes called for certain potions to be brewed certain ways. (ie open container, in a window, etc.)
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Here's a link to Fionna's lab from my Facebook page So people can at least get an idea:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=p ... 1016661881
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

So basically to get the effects of my one really good lab I have to hide my three not so good labs from players negating any role playing associated with my lab.
I am confused at this statement soooo I am thinking that there is just a missunderstanding somewhere no where are we attempting to negate anything.

Here is the deal: 1) We want a cool looking pysrep. 2) You need a tag for mechanical purposes. Dont read too much more into it. If I had my way that would be all there was written but as with all things we need to lawyer it.

So if you had 1 physrep representing a bunch of "labs" and some moron broke your lab apart then mechanically you just have to replace the labs which all things considered is cheaper than it was.

Brew times: As said yes it has to be stationary

Visual aid: I plan to take a bunch of pictures of different things and get them up as examples of what we are looking for not just a lab.

A good lab will probably be greater than a couple plastic flasks and maybe a bit smaller than what Dani and Melissa do as an idea.

As for destroying the lab. They are bottles honeslty if it were real it would take me a few seconds to rip it down and a 5 count was the original suggestion. We will go with 1 minute for the year and adjust if nessessary I honestly do not see too many labs getting destroyed if ever.
Chris
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

I assume that Wizard Path perks will be added? None are currently listed in the path perk section.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Wizard Path Perks will be looked at over the year. Sorry there are none available at it's inception.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Once you have made all your potions that you can make with a lab it's useless anyway. If you made all your potions for the event in an hour and twenty minutes you wouldn't need it for the rest of the event.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Oh...Can a sage mimic the hero/villain basic path abilities? Such as Passify and Hide Magic?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Not as currently written no. You only have access to your own path's expansion skills. I suppose the sage could mimic the sage skills they don't possess by that same logic however.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

One way to look at it I guess is that unless you are of a particular Path, the other Expansion Path skills do not exist to you in realation to accessing them through skills and the like.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

What do you mean by wizard "perks"

If you mean expansion skills.well spells/potions in this case then yes they are in the expansion.
Chris