On the Festival of Passing

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

"Like." The dog-girl smiles, a little disconcertingly because of all the teeth, but it is unmistakably a doggy sort of smile. Her tail thumps a little against the ground. "On...vayrrrrka...yiss." She points at the ribbon. "Vayrrka mean...uh..tree-sure, pree-tee. Not rrrright words. Close."
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Meanwhile, the young seer nods cautiously at the newcomer.

"One moment then, sir." Approaching Atrum's bedroll, the youth attempts to gently wake him. "There is someone come who wishes to guide us."
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**eyes the stranger warily as if unsure what to do.**
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda rubs the ribbon on her wrist. "It is very pretty. But I don't want to take your treasure away from you. I don't know what vayrrka means." She frowns for a moment. "I wish I could speak your language," she said wistfully.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

The jackal-girl grins again. "Want share." She taps her chin. "Word, hmmm. ..Vayrrka...tree-sure not all...spee-sheel thing. Thing not live, but have good feel. Make 'member meet-time." She taps her chin again, deep in thought. "Thing make bad feeling call os-vayrrka."

"Hard no say you word, 'Milda." She points at herself. "But smart. I learn try say. No can say all. Hard for make." She pats her throat. "Milda learn some word, not all. No think can learn smell-words or long-howl."

She is quiet for a moment, her ears perked, listening to the faint discussion from back at camp, seemingly unconcerned, but one ear remains fixed in that direction, just in case.

She points outwards. "In coldtime, feel Ri, inside part. Ri what do to survive, not think, just do. Soon have nightrun and forget again. Not know here. Scared, so Ri come lots and make hunt, find, run, live."

She pats the ribbon. "When Ri come, Milda have pree-tee, so no loose. Help 'member when come back to find Milda, Iddywids and La. Make 'member."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Rubbing her tear- stained face, Esmerelda finally breaks into a smile. "No, I don't think I could learn smell-words. Useful as that might be. You are very smart, smarter than I am, anyway."

As the jackal-girl's ears perk up, Esmerelda's smile quickly disappears into worry. "Is something wrong at the camp? I know I shouldn't have left, but I don't want them to see me cry anymore. I know they've got to all be sick of it, but I can't help it. I miss Aeric so terribly!"

As the girl pats the ribbon, Esmerleda listens intently to her words. "You want me to keep it safe for you? I can try. Do you think Ri will come soon for you?" She unties the ribbon from her wrist. From her other wrist she removes a bracelet and begins to weave the ribbon through the gold. When she is finished, she shows it to her friend. "See? I will never loose this bracelet while I live. It is the last thing my brother gave to me before he died. Now I'll always have your pretty for you."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

The jackal-girl waves back towards the camp. "No bad. Just say. Iddywids no scare-voice. No let hurt Iddywids."

"Ri come soon, think feel. Ri not know time. Ri only know now. Make hard tell when. Ri no feel." The jackal-girl gently nuzzles Esmerela's face. "Hard for 'milda. No have Ri to say what do. No have Ri make forget bad. No forget hurt. Only feel."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

As the jackal-girl nuzzles her face, Emerelda throws her arms around her. "Thank you. You make me feel a lot better." As she stops hugging the girl, Esmerelda slowly lifts a hand towards her heart. "I don't think I'd want to forget all the bad. It makes me appreciate the good all the more." She pauses for a moment, looking back towards the camp. "Maybe I should appreciate the good more and not worry so much about how I might feel when I loose it."

Slowly she gets up and starts to head towards the direction the girl indicated were voices. Upon realizing that another of the suriviros has returned, she runs up to him, "Ren! You've returned!" She halts abrubtly before him, realizing his state of undress and blushes and turns her head away...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

The girl's tail thuds against the ground as Esmerelda rises and heads up towards the camp. "Good more." She mumbles to herself. "Milda smart."

She gathers her satchel and amiably trots up behind Esmerelda towards the camp.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum rolls over, he's only been sleeping about 5 or 6 hours every third or fourth day.*
What? guide us? Mohdri is guiding us.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**slowly turns away from the newcomer and looks to Esmerelda, at first it almost looks as if he doesn't recognize the woman, but then a look of inspiration crosses his face.**
"Es? It is so good to see you all, life has been.... interesting of late. I um, must confess to being... uh... poorly dressed for seeing old friends."
**looks at the cloak wrapped haphazardly around his pale form.**
"I know it is cold, and times are desperate, but for the sake of decency is there perhaps anything I can perhaps borrow? If it's not too much of a... burden."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Ahh Yes. But I would think it would be self evident that Caledonia considers you extremely important. It is in that vain that I have come here. The more support, the Better I would imagine." Abaddon says, his face smiling.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

&To Abbadon* very well * Looks to Mohdri for any confirmation of knowing this person.

Ren good grief man, what in blazes happened to you?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**smiles sadly**
"Alot old friend, alot. Too put it shortly, I went home. It was not a... uh... nice trip."
**Eyes Abaddon quickly as he steps out of the snow drift to clasp hands with Atrum.**
"But it has been too long. I'm glad I could find you, I've been wondering in the snow for a month looking for you, whoever is in charge of covering your tracks should be commended."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda shakes her head sadly.

"I only have the clothing on my back. But if we can find some fabric or someone else's spares, I'd happily alter them to fit you. But I'm so glad you're back with us, Ren."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,