Seeking the Threatened Families

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Haybert softly replies "nothing special about it. A couple of rooms is all. But with the little one and the wife, there's usually some noise. I've never heard it this quiet. Perhaps they're just out looking for me and will return soon."
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

*to Haybert*

"We'll check it out. And we will be on the look out for your 'little one' and your wife. Don't worry, everything will be fine. We will get to the bottom of this. Ka, lets go."

*Curufin waits for Ka and then starts moving toward the house*
Lost my train of thought.....
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

*assuming Ka and Curufin go to check everything out, kabre finds a nearby tree and uses it for a crossbow rest, focusing a shot on the door.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Stands by with Haybert and Argyle while the others check out the house*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

*Ka walks up and kicks in the door*
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Why don't Curufin and I go, Ka isn't very stealthy what with his armor clanking all the time and if these two need protecting from something he can do it much better than I can. Besides I have some skill in seeing things out of the ordinary.

Here is my idea, Curufin and I can check the place out each circling one way and coming back to report on what we find, then we can decide on any further action, if for some reason any of us get seperated we can meet back at the grainery. *Points to the grainery*

Haybert, are there windows, and what rooms do the windows look into?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Well so much for a plan, from now on we have a plan or you can try and be a hero on your own.

*Atrum holds his nangato at the ready for whatever may come out*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

"Not exactly what I meant by 'check it out'. Keep a sharp eye, if anyone is here, they know we are too."

*with the door "opened", Curufin looks and listens inside for movement.*
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Ka kicks in the door, splintering the old wood and all but knocking it off its hinges. From somewhere in the back, you can hear Haybert yell, "What do you think you're doing? You have any idea how cold it gets in the winter time? How am I supposed to keep warm with the door busted open? You have any idea how cranky my wife gets when it's cold? She'll be talking my ear off all night. You have any idea how cranky I get when I haven't slept? Unbelievable!" He continues to rant in an increasingly loud voice.

Inside the small home is a very warn, shoddily made chair and a row of cloth and padding and blankets and in the next room a small wood burning stove. The floor itself is dirt and there is a window in each room. Nothing else graces the home. No one appears to be around.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

It's checked. Sorry, I'm no assassin. I think we'll be needing Azara or Gideon...

*To Haybert*
Eli will fix the door better than before, guaranteed.

On to the next house?
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Hesitates for a second, thinking to search for recent tracks or for signs of a struggle, but thinks better of it.*

"I appologize Haybert, but we must move on. Trust we have not given up on your family."

"Argyle, take us to your home."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

*To Ka*

"I think Atrum is right. Stealth might be more advantageous here. Ka, if you don't mind, maybe Atrum should lead this investigation. I will back him up. You would be the best at protecting the villagers anyway. "

*To the rest*

"Some sort of plan would be a good idea."

*Waits for any kind of plan*
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Pretty sure going to the next house _is_ a plan. What is it with you people and talking for decades? I expect from the elves, they live forever.

Let's go.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*To Haybert*

Calm down man, do you want to attract anymore attention to us? I don't want to deal with any of those vines if I don't have to. I'm sure since the Guild of Light destroyed your property they will replace it post haste.

*To Ka as Atrum is walking into the building*
You don't have to be an assasin to have a little tact and in case you haven't noticed this is not my court, I may have been a court assasin at one time but I no longer hold that position. I would appreciate if you refrained from referring to me as such.
No more kicking in doors, try and be a little more thoughtful of these people and their belongings. Everyone likes to have a door on their home.

*To Curufin as he looks around inside the building (spot)*
A plan, as for that the one that I was proposing should work for the next building as well, we can check it out and see what we're dealing with and then decide on a course of action. If the house looks empty then we check it out, if the occupants belong then we're lucky, if they don't then they're unlucky.

*If there is nothing there out of the ordinary then he turns to Argyle*

Lead on

*If there is then he points it out and calls out*
Hold on
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

*Waits to follow the group on whatever the next mission ends up being -- as much as time here permits, searches around the house for anything out of the ordinary, all the while ready for the shit to hit the fan.*