The next few days...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks back that day to check on Robin once more before turning in, however when she sees her upset the young swashbuckler comes back down to the table. She looks in a word angry to see that Dallid has upset Robin. Hearing bits and pieces of what had been spoken.*

*Kidwynn was frusterated. She had watched what happened to Drake when he came back a dark elf and all and now here it was all over again except now it was Robin. She knew from life on board her "pretty little ship", the pirate vessle, that things are not clearly black and white, at times they are grey and it's that grey that can turn best friends into bitter enemies.

*She gives Dallid a look of back off her now. She looks at Robin, behaving as a guard would in this situation, keeping all her own personal feelings and emotions in check. Her voice faint, but right now she didn't care.*

Are you alright M'lady?

*Looks over to Drake*

Drake, do you still need me to remain awhile longer?

*Looks back at Robin*

Vile?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

Seeing the pain on his liege Lady’s face the feather at the back of Donmayo's head standup. For in truth he was the Protector, the first one that is to die when there is a need. She had prevented that, saving not only the party, trapped as they were in the shadow realm, but specifically his life. He still followed the old ways and by costume he had a toh to her. Now after giving more than any could have asked of her, the town had divided half backing her actions half damning her for them. But she had not asked for his aid, and to give it with her asking would dishonor her, far more than any hurtful words that had been spoken thus far by any. So he simply waited seeming to relax, if a taunt iron spring can be said to ever relax. She would call upon him, if and when needed, knowing full and well he would come.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

"My Lady, may I speak with you when you finsh here?"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks at Donmayo*

What was in the vile?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

Turns to Kidwynn
"I do not know, but in my day the ‘pit of creation’ was only a legend. Many of the greatest adventures tried to find it and most perished. Only a handful ever successful found it. There was his High Elemental Lord Lyshon, the Great Essence Knight Sir Alric, and the vile necromancer whose name I never knew; we simply called him the Master. I do know that Lord Lyshon did great battle with an evil Necromancer named Narnian, and as a result of this battle the entire city of Silverthorne burned, but in the end this Great Elemental Lord won. Rumor had it he destroyed Narnian by casting his essence into the pit of creation... but I do not know. Truth be told I recall something about a key, not a vile. The vile we found looked like a potion, and may have nothing to do with the evil that attacked us. It is just as likely that the evil was the same as the 'wraiths' that attacked us in Frost Fell, and somehow it followed us back here or even perhaps it was some how that vile abomination the Betrayer I am no soothsayer and truly do not know."
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale watched as Robin and Dallid talked and Donmayo pained over the situation.

He had approached unobtrusively, and had been listening to the group waiting for his own opportunity to speak with Robin. He knew she hated him for not seeing her deed as a noble sacrifice nor being sympathetic to what she had brought onto herself, but it mattered little. He had a job to do, and he never flinched or hesitated when doing his duty.

He did however wish it had not come to this. None of this would have happened if he were slightly faster getting back to Haven and starting that spell, but the same could be said for them taking slightly longer in the Pit of Creation, or if the men around him had protected him better in the confusion when the wraith attacked... As much as he wished he could have cut down the needed time for the spell disrupted by the wraith’s attacks, even weaving the fabric of the one magic had its rules and requirements, and he had paid dearly for his failure in his own agony and screams. Tortured and traumatized by the shade Incarious as it used him as a sadistic plaything he had exercised force of will to push on over and over refusing to pay the price of the dark one, and knowing that while it was preoccupied with him the others were working on solutions that would not mean death and corruption. Making a deal with dark forces was never worth the price and only made one weak for the next dark deal down the road like a death of a thousand cuts or a wasting disease.

But, he had filed his reports and spoken to his correct chain of command on the issue. His authority for judgment was limited as an investigator, and now it rested with the higher powers to deliberate and act. It was again back to business as usual for Shale.

Shale stepped forward and grabbed the metal case from his satchel that housed his black elfin made cigarettes and walked across the room to stand next to Donmayo. He looked up at Robin and waited for her to notice him and said, “Robin, I also have to speak with you on business tasked to me by Duke Corbyn…” He opened the metal case and plucked one of them closing it with a soft snap and looked back up to, “…at your earliest connivance of course.”
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Shale doesn't get close to Robin undetected, but Kidwynn allows him close by being that they are both of the Phoenix Guard. He can tell by her stare that her presence there was as guard and that his presence was of bad timing for certain.*

*She looks at those crowding Robin and horsely begins speaking.*

Ok, one person at a time, you are all crowding her.

*She looks at Robin.*

Bein' that currently I'm your guard I'm going to have to request that all these private conversations people are wanting to have will be with me near by so that you are guarded. Those are the orders and well I'm sticking to them.

Technically, if we are going by the orders from last night, no one should be doing this without the Duke's personal say so. I recomened m'lady using your chamber as well.

If you all could take a seperate table or how about a few steps back please.

Right now I have Dallid, then Donmayo, and then Shale who wish an audience. *Gets a piece of paper and starts writing.*

Anyone else?
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid ignores those around them. He merely archs an eyebrow while his eyes remain on Robin*

I offer no judgement here, only perspective. Do you believe I should hate you? Do you think you erred in your actions that day?
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale shrugs, "Hello Kidwynn. Didn't know you were on liaison duty. I can wait. Besides I think she and I would be more comfortable if Duke Corbyn were here with us for our talk. So, I'll just be over here till he and Eli get back from fishing."

He turns and walks away to the side of the room and channels a ball of chromatically fluxing energy into one palm trailing wisps of ether off it as he slips the cigarette between his lips and lights it before sitting quietly to wait and relax.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks at Shale and is still trying to talk.*

Shale...I mean Grand Magus, I will inform the Duke when he returns that you seek and audience with both he and Robin, I promise. *Watches her write it down.*

Yep, I think Drake and I are on liason duty until Commander Du Sinjin assigns me to something else.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin pulled herself together with amazing speed... for though it was true she had been very upset in the telling of her tale, she had come to terms with that day, and was trying to put as much of it behind her as she could. She placed a steadying hand on Kidwynn's shoulder.

“He didn’t do anything, my friend.” She gave Kidwynn a warm and thankful smile. “I asked him for council, and he reminded me that he can’t give it without knowing the whole tale. So I told him. I really am alright, no need to worry.” Just to further distill the swashbuckler woman’s protective worry, she reached over and picked up an apple and began munching on it casually with a wink.

Robin turned back to Dallid. “I really am alright, forgive my… emotion. A sailor and warrior I might be, but even I have my girly moments.” She laughed wryly. After a moment she pondered his question. “No… no I do not think I made a mistake. And I do not regret what I did. I regret that it happened at all, that there are such dark and evil powers in the world that force us to such choices, and that I have brought more fear and worry into Haven, but I do not regret what I did. I could never regret protecting those I love most with whatever I must do. I love Haven, Dallid. Soon I will be its Lady, and I must be willing to make those hard choices, to give of myself that the Duchy might go on and flourish. It is as simple as that.”

She had been in the middle of her sentence when Shale spoke, and she tried to hide what she knew was her obvious tensing at his approach. However, her eyes and bearing gave away nothing and she spoke evenly and politely. “I am at your disposal, High Magus, if you wish my attention. I have no other engagements at the moment if you have need of me.” She inclined her head in a slight bow, as his rank demanded. “If you wish the Lord Duke to be present, I’m afraid you shall have to wait, as he is attending to family affairs. I will leave it to your good judgment whether you wish him here or not, as you know what matter you need to have addressed, and I do not.” Her green eyes were calm, and she had relaxed. They understood each other; there was no need for pretense here.

In stark contrast to her courtly formality with the High Magus, she smiled warmly when she turned to Don Mayo. She couldn’t quite explain it, but she always felt safer when he was around. “You my have my attention and ear whenever you like, my dear friend. You have but to ask, and you know I am at your service.”

She looked at the High Magus. “If you are going to wait for my Lord, then I would you grant me the time to see what I might do for our good Don Mayo?”
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

But we have yet to begin, Robin. The path I place before you is a difficult and painful one, but one I'd advise you consider. Patience is required. Do not dismiss me, yet.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale nods to Robin from his seat across the room, "Take all the time you need."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn stands there silently watching over things until the time Drake takes over. When Corbyn returns she does inform him that Shale wishes to discuss things with both him and Robin. After that is relayed and with Drake on guard, Kidwynn eventually turns in for a bit.*
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin turned back to Dallid. "I did not mean to sound as if you and I were done, my friend. Forgive me." She sighed. "Too many things at once, I think. I have never been a very apt mulit tasker." Though her smile was light, her sigh was not. He reminded her how much of serious import she yet had to discuss... with many folk.

She turned her gaze to Don Mayo. "Stay with me? There's nothing I'm gonna say that you can't overhear. I trust you."

The Lady thought about Dallid's statement. "The way WILL be long, and it WILL be hard. What is the path you would have me concider? I am open to just about anything right about now."
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"