Brokehill Quest: Chapter 2

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

*tips her head to the side, confused, and speaks quietly to Don-mayo again*

What beings? See anything, I did not. Confused, she is? Fell out of the tree on his own, didn't he?
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Hears her and looks Midnight in the eyes.*

No, he did not, the hamock he was on was cut.

*Appears as if she wants to say more, but looks over to Kels and head where he is positioned and moves next to him and keeps watch.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

*lifts an eyebrow and raises her voice to a normal speaking volume from the whisper she was using with Don-mayo*

Ears of a hawk, surely you have, if conversations you can overhear from so far away.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Dwarven Ramblings

Post by Lambic »

*Lambic sits by the fire with his flask in hand draining the last drops from it. [I assume Kidwynn gave it back.]

I think it is time to tell you about the poison that comes from these arrow the ancient elves have been shooting at us.

*mumbles*Damn I need a bigger flask.*grumbles*

Any how wish to my instructions about what to do when you get shot by one of these arrows is welcome to listen. I say when because they creatures seem very skilled and also have the advantage of attacking us from the shadows while we cannot attack them. So most likely you will get hit.

Now what to do about it. Well first thing you will notice about the posion is that the wound, even before the pain of the arrow passes, will begin to feel hot. This feverishness will spread from the wound but does take some time to spread. The witchwood enters through the wound but, spreads through the blood. Therefore you want to bring your body to rest as much as possible if you want to slow the posion. I understand that this is difficult in the middle of combat. I would suggest that depending on what other wounds you have and the severity of the arrow shot you should either attempt to make a run for the nearest healer, call for help or if the total injury is not to seveer then do you best to stay in one place, you can continue swinging your weapon but try and keep your feet still.

Now the way to over come this enemy is difficult. He need to be ready with our shields and try and draw their fire. Those without shields can spot where the shots are coming from. Then hopefully magic can injure them. I saw one be upset by a person detecting for magic on the tree who's shadow it was hiding in. If Kels has magical arrows ready and those who can have balls of energy ready, then perhaps we can do enough damage before it jumps to another shadow or away into the woods.

[OOG: I know nothing about what this poison is out of character, I'm not sure what I know in character. This probably isn't 15 minutes worth of material. I am trying to give everyone listening a resist posion. I will post more if I need to, just let me know. Lastly feel free to talk before me or whatever.]
Last edited by Lambic on Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

(Kidwynn gave the flask back)

*Kidwynn reaches in her pouch and is holding a rock which she begins to toss a little in her hand.*

Good advice Lambic. After speaking to Ka a little there is another way we can make them come to us.

*She grins very mischeviously*

I will just use my powers of persuasion luv.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal gets back up after trying to go back to sleep.*

"I don't feel like sleeping just now."he says as he walks to the fire with shield and warhammer.
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale lays snoring loudly as the group around him talk and chatter. His sleeping habits were just another aspect that exposed his human half of his mixed heritage. As Rahl falls from the tree and thuds to the ground he grumbles and rolls over in his sleep maybe sleeping a little too close to Ka, "...udders? Wha..."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Rahl
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rahl »

*slowly regaining consciousness and feeling a nasty pain in his back,a faint word is muttered from his lips in the dead of night...*

"...Medic..."

*And promptly passes back out again... his breath smelling faintly of rum.*
In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn strolls over and heals Rahl, then addresses the group*

I have researched this poison. It is not severe, and Dallid and I can heal it easily. Members of long-lived races, such as elves, are immune to the poison. As long as we are in this territory, I suggest that at least one member of the current watch be Arthos, Ug, or myself, so that one immune person will always be awake.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Sounds like a good plan to me Corbyn luv and thank-you for that information.
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

Will Ug's 'skin condition' make him suseptable to the toxin? If so perhaps another should be chosen.

*to midnights first question Donmayo leans over and says something quiet to her.

*to midnight's coment about falling guy not having the grace of a avyanna, in high places, he smiles.

Are we sure that attacking them is wise? The are elves you say, why can we not talk with them and let them know we are just passing through their woods? Well maybe the elves with us could do that.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

As you are talking, a few arrows whiz out of the darkness. They seem to be coming from all directions. Three clank off of shields, and four fall just inside the fire ring. It is obvious they were fired from a long distance (Probably from beyond the reflected fire light).
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Hmmm...me wundur why de elfseez attakun us.

Heeeeeey, why u tackin us!!!!?
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn and Kels stay behind the shield for protection while Kels looks to see if he has a shot out into the darkness to drop one of the attackers. His arrow charged and ready to let fly.*
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

*Ka sits bolt upright uponing hearing the word attack from Ug*

Wha, where? Combat?