Ideas and Questiosn from the Event

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nelkie »

From experience the plot team loves to place PC's in situations where there is no clear right answer. I think thats what makes this game so much fun. They make the line between good and evil blury and alow the PC's to dictate the out come for good or ill.

Case in point is finding a dragon, making a deal with for 1 lb of it's flesh so mithral could be made, so the time dial could be repaired, and the time breach fixed, saving Haven and the world. The deal was 1 free promise to do what the dragon asked of the Guild of Light at a latter time.
Many people thought it a bad trade, but I know Arthos would do the trade again if it was to save Haven. It was a hard decsision to make, but it felt the right thing to do, and I walked away feeling good, and wondering for many events when will the dragon come back and what will he ask of the Guild of Light. It was great and fun!
My Thoughts

Aaron
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Yep, every character I’ve played has followed a code. I can see the same in yours, Erik. A character can never be more than the player, only less. One character is different from another based on how you set your limitations. A strict code, or set of rules, must be developed to both define those limits and ensure consistent behavior.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Thanks, Chris. My curiousity is satisfied.

I've got to agree with Nelkie also. There's nothing like that kind of dilemma to spawn cool roleplaying and character development...among other things. :twisted: Most definitely fun.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Somone asked what evil was. I thing this is a good starting point/base for discussion:

e·vil

adj. e·vil·er, e·vil·est
Morally bad or wrong; wicked: an evil tyrant.
Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful: the evil effects of a poor diet.
Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous: evil omens.
Bad or blameworthy by report; infamous: an evil reputation.
Characterized by anger or spite; malicious: an evil temper.

n.
The quality of being morally bad or wrong; wickedness.
That which causes harm, misfortune, or destruction: a leader's power to do both good and evil.
An evil force, power, or personification.
Something that is a cause or source of suffering, injury, or destruction: the social evils of poverty and injustice.

adv. Archaic
In an evil manner.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

evil

adj 1: morally bad or wrong; "evil purposes"; "an evil influence"; "evil deeds" [syn: wicked] [ant: good] 2: having the nature of vice [syn: depraved, vicious] 3: tending to cause great harm [syn: harmful, injurious] 4: having or exerting a malignant influence; "malevolent stars"; "a malefic force" [syn: malefic, malevolent, malign] n 1: morally objectionable behavior [syn: immorality, wickedness, iniquity] 2: that which causes harm or destruction or misfortune; "the evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones"- Shakespeare 3: the quality of being morally wrong in principle or practice; "attempts to explain the origin of evil in the world" [syn: evilness] [ant: good]
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"