In the hole

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Azara Blackhawk

Post by Azara Blackhawk »

*Doing the same thing Ka is and looks at him*

Over short distances I'm faster then ya. Get movin', I will take the rear.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

"Curufin! Brikal! Lead us out of here! Kabre! Help Ka and Azara at the rear! Let's get out of here! MOVE!"

*Seeing the sweeper, Donovan addresses him as they run*

"Can you sprint, old man? You'll need to..."

*If the sweeper is keeping speed, Donovan lets him be. If he is struggling or falling back, Donovan scoops him onto a shoulder.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Argyle is managing to keep up with the rest of the group--nothing like a cavein to get the old legs pumping. He seems to mumble about not knowing anyway out at all and just keeps following the group.

Running fast, the party suffers your typical scrapes and bruises, especially Azara who is in the back. While staying in front of the slide, she does get a few bonks on the head from random stones flying down and bouncing off of Ka's shield and into her. Moments before being consumed by the falling dirt, the last member of the group clears the cavern and all are safe. It is very crowded in the hole and so I assume people climb up the rope.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Scampers up the rope, clearly eager to be out of the hole.*

"Come on, folks. I've had enough of dirt and holes. Let's get into the air for a bit. I owe some people gratitude, and I'd rather thank you up here."

*Extends his hand to help people out of the pit.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Azara Blackhawk

*Maintaining her position as being the last to leave unless for some reason Ka picks her up to get her to climb the rope first, Azara climbs up and really pays no attention to the bumps and bruises until things calm down. She glares at the other three Phoenix members and appeers annoyed, yet relieved for Donnovan appears so far to be fine.*
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

*Hops out of the hole and helps Donovan assist people out of the tunnels (if there are any more to assist out). Feels the penetrating gaze of Azara and turns to her <sensing an inevitable argument>.

"Lets just get everyone up, accounted for, and healed before we do this."
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Sensing the tension*

"Do what, Kabre?"
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

I'm sorry we couldn't get to you before you found us, Donovan. We were delayed in the tunnels by differences of opinion about priorities, and the differences between our military tactics, and the problem-solving "tactics" used by this other guild. It could have cost us dearly.

I think it best to get our differences and thoughts out right now, before anyone leaves and assumptions start being made about friend and foe.
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

"Yes, I think Kabre is right. Before words are spoken that can't be taken back and swords start swinging, we should all discuss this."

*to Donovan*

"It's great to see you again!"
Lost my train of thought.....
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Looks around at the group, the sweeper, the guard, and the hole. Concern and relief play across his face. Waits for the rest of the people to emerge from the pit, then addresses everyone.*

"Differences in tactics? Curufin, Arthos... Explain."
Azara Blackhawk

No one here is goin' to be swingin' any swords around here unless it is for defensive purposes.

As was stated differin' thoughts on what ta do down there when we were tryin' to find ya. People butted heads, drew blades on innocent people, took cheep shots at the varyin' tactics.

Oh in in Argyle's defense, he was leadin' us somewhere where there were tracks, I only got a glimpse of them, but there were some. So he was tryin' to help.

*She looks at Donnovan and pauses*

You're safe and that is what in the end matters.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos runs down the tunnel and back toward the exit hole*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Circulates about the group - spending a few seconds on superficial scrapes and bruises, or several minutes over more significant wounds.*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Nobody ever said Argyle WASN'T telling the truth -- we were taking the necessary precautions in case he wasn't. I'm not sure where you come from, but where I come from, Its not always the case that people are who they say they are. I would hope you would all realize that in the lair of an enemy, people you happen upon PROBABLY aren't your allies. No harm was going to come to the sweeper, but we needed to be ready in case he was lying. Applying a little force often brings about swifter results. We didn't have time for please, and thank-yous down there.

What I'm most thankful for is that our little side trip to save the unknown voice didn't take any longer than it did. Had Donovan not been able to escape on his own, and needed our aid to make it out before the cave-in, he would have died -- and that would have been unforgivable. Priorities need to be straightened out among us. Yes we do need to help ALL in need, but not at the potential expense of one of our own's lives.
Azara Blackhawk

*Glare becomes more intense*

Ya could have gone your own way sooner if ya did not wish to save the girl. She was in just as much danger. If ya would have listened to Arthos as well he knew a thing or two about the Druid's tactics...

This force you speak of on Argyle was NOT necessary. With the amount of people we had, he was already scared out of his mind. He was tryin' to be hospitiable. Not one person's guard dropped down there even when we were following the "sweeper".

*Pauses for a moment and reflects on the beginning of the conversation*

You three talking about already coming ta blows, is that what ya want? None of us do, but that appears to be your solution for any difference of opinion.