Rule Thoughts

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Ark Strife
Min-Maxing is a strategy. Period. In fact, I’d say it’s a very obvious and natural strategy. Minimizing resources allocated to character components (skills, stats, advantages, whatever) that will seldom see use and/or character components that have drawbacks or flaws of some kind is sensible. Likewise, maximizing resources allocated to components that will see a great deal of use and/or components that provide advantages and bonuses is very logical. It’s almost a kind of “Duh!” moment
See this just supports my earlier post, min/maxing isnt logical in a role playing game. A role playing game is about the immersion in the life and experiences of a fictional person, and decision on what skills and goals they persue SHOULD be based on that perception of that fictional character even if they arent the most efficient options from a game rules perspective.

I get that min maxing makes your PC tougher/more dangerous/increases survival, but from an IN GAME view, the OCs dont get to see the details of the skills they are taught/pick up/seek out in a way that would wllow them to min max much at all.

The philospphy voiced in your statement is better suited for WOW or Everquest were RP doesnt exist.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

everyone thinks when you say min max your talking only about fighting.

some people do it for read/write to improve there RP of a know it all

some people do it for pick locks to RP a thief

some people do it to for archery and resources to RP a huntsman.

you cant do anything until you have a character concept about what you want your character to do or be, once you do everyone tends to min max a little to achive there RP goals.

and i dont play wow or everquest so i wouldnt know about the last bit.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.