Need some input Everyone PLEASE vote

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Which Choice would you make see below

Option 1
No votes
Option 2
17%
Option 3
25%
All of the above
21%
None of the above I dont have any resources to spare
4%
None of the above I dont like any of those options
33%

Total votes: 24
GM_Chris
GM

Need some input Everyone PLEASE vote

Post by GM_Chris »

Ok we are discussing economy changes and need to know some things.

Basically we want to know what you will spend resources on and how much you are willing to spend on the following assuming 2 changes.

1) Barter will only give you 2 resources like wilderness survival but will give 1 cloth and 1 food. This means all you rogues will now have to acquire 3 food, 2 shelter, and 1 cloth like everyone else.

2) Sages would need 6 of any base resource in any combination or will be able to trade in shelter for any other base resource 1:1.

3) Hero point gained ever 10 levels after level 20 vrs every 5.

Ok assuming those 3 things would you pay for the following.

OPTION 1
wealthy assuming we let allegiance count for your total allegiance not just your personal thus if you are a guild head you get the % bonus to all of it. ALSO wealthy would give you a "wealthy hero point" you could choose to use or not during an event. You cannot stack up unused ones gained in this fashion.

OPTION 2
20 resources of any kind turned in will yield you a normal hero point that you could stack up.

OPTION 3
3) 1 shot items that give a small boost like say extend time to bleed to death by 1 minute that say take 1 cloth and 1 hide to make.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Is there a Chris Decoder Ring option?
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Nelkie

Post by Nelkie »

I support all three ideas. They drain any extra resources from game, and the benifits are not overpowering.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

The only thing I don't like is hero points moving from every five to every ten. Otherwise, looks like good stuff.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Wouldn't it make more sense to have new hero points every...say....8 levels? or 12?
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

or, perhaps even better...20?
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

OR every 4, so you would get to be a hero once per event, maybe make them non stackable. hmm..
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The idea with every 10 is that you would get 2 per season automatically plus any you get from plot. (My guess would be the average character will get 1-2 via plot )
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

I really like options 1 and 3. I don't think option 2 should be implemented because in terms of keeping the game low powered and balanced, buying hero points seems...unwieldy at best. For the same reasons, I would support earning hero points every ten or twelve levels...I think heroic stuff should be special, and make the pc's say or think, "Wow did you see so-and-so in that last combat?!?!" Right now, heroic feats are becoming common and part of nearly all encounters.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

The idea is to have 3 ways to gain hero points.

1) Every level...completely objective. You show up you get them. Easy nad fair.

2) Via Plot...great for it rewards players for cool things, bad in it is pretty subjective and luck based.

3) Buying them .... Fair in that the option is open to all...bad in that the haves get while the have nots dont get. It also sucks out resources which is great..question is 20 enough or should it be higher or lower?

Chirs
Chris
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

If you dont like any of the options what options do you like?

Chris
Chris
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Don't like Option 1 because I don't feel that wealth should determine skill. Why should the wealthy be able to do many more amazing feats than everyone else (gaining an extra Hero Point every event is a lot)?

Don't like #2 for the same reason as #1. Also, those in charge of the vast resource stockpiles basically control who gets what.

Don't like #3 for the same reason as #2.

And given that I don't like any of the options, that leaves no options left to like.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Just to let you know what we are trying to do; we are trying to create a flow of resources so that not only would resources come into the game but they would also go out of the game. That is the goal of the options above. If you do not like those options, feel free to suggest ways of accomplishing this goal.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

also, one reason why wealthy people could do more is simply because that would encourage people to want to be wealthy which takes resources away from other people which causes tension and strife and you know we are all about those things. If nobody wants to be wealthy, we have one of two options--make it so that being wealthy is more desirable or remove wealth from the game all together. Obviously I would lean toward the former because it has the potential to add conflict and drama to the game, which is almost always a good thing
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Well usually the villian who hordes does do amazing stuff.....Think of being wealthy as a gaining an ani hero point.

It is a prize for ruling over people.

Chris
Chris