The Trek Begins Again (The Rest of the Group)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Takes his possision silently and with jaws clenched slowly wrapping and tying off a cloth around his hand. His back is riged and he acknoladges noone. His only movement is, from time to time, to rub the spot on his neck where the medallion's chain broke
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika keeps her pace up for several hundreds of yards, darting along the trail as if she is very familiar with it, pointing out jutting branches that would trip most and taking short cuts to edge off the trail and get to their destination more quickly.*

*At hearing Curufin's second statement to the group at large and Corbyn's accusation of "Annika, why did you force Curufin's hand? How could that do anything but nearly cost us our lives?" she quickly stops on the side of the trail where there is room enough for everyone to catch up and gather round.*

*Annika bends over holding her stomach, as if trying to catch her breath and after a moment looks up at Corbyn with tears welling in her eyes. She appears to be trying to find the right words. Annika looks around the group and attempts to establish eye contact with Curufin. After a moment, she looks back to Corbyn and addresses him:*

"Corbyn..." *Annika says delicately as if trying to say a difficult thing as tenderly as possible.* "Where I come from...my people... a man would NEVER raise a hand to a woman, let alone an unarmed woman and a Sage at that..."

*Annika bites her lip a moment struggling with the situation and trying not to cry.* "I made a grave error. I thought there was no chance that Curufin would actually attack me, rather I was attempting to get his attention on me instead of Zander who I am confident would not have taken one more insulting statement from Curufin... regardless of whether Curufin were right or not in having been insulted in the first place."

"What I said was terrible. I don't even care to repeat it." *Annika is visibly disgusted with herself and her hands tremble. Annika attempts to establish eye contact with Curufin again and continues.* "It is between Curufin and I, and I only hope that we might be able to sit down under better circumstances and he can know what was truly in my heart and going through my head."

*Annika turns back to Corbyn and continues.* "But as such, there is something terribly wrong happening in our land right now... and Zander's hospitality has been exhausted. I want you all to be able to leave these lands safely and I can show you the quickest way. If you decide that you would rather be devoid of my presence and anything related to Frostfell, I would surely understand..." *Annika stops abruptly to quell the tears, takes a deep breath through pursed lips and says lastly:* "I want out of here just as badly as the rest of you..."

*Annika looks down and tries to hide the obvious fact that she is crying.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Before Kels takes off, Kidwynn looks at him and with that look attempts to show him support and take away even a little of the anger.*

You know I will protect Lord Corbyn.

Hurry back.

*She smiles at him and then goes about keeping an eye out for any trouble.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

*Curufin looks at Annika when she speaks*
Lost my train of thought.....
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid returns the potion to his pouch and continues on. When Annika stops, he gathers around with the others*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Listens to Annika, his expression clearly indicating he is not convinced of anything she says.*

I believe very little of what you say, without the proper time to evaluate your statements. You have spoken falsehoods even now as you describe your customs in an attempt to gain our favor. A man would never raise a hand to an unarmed woman in these lands? I myself defended your unarmed mother as she was attacked by Zander's wayward lieutenant and his forces. Hunters who attacked us, also assaulted one of your mother's unarmed handmaidens near the outpost, within hours of our arrival in these lands.

* Waves his hand in a gesture signifying that he is dropping the issue for now.

I do believe that you want out of these land as quickly as possible, and because of that, ask you to continue guiding our party to the southern border. At that point we will decide what to do next.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika looks up crying and is appalled at Corbyn's treatment of her. Her nose flares and she looks incensed.*

"I understand that there is a great bit of confusion here... but let me remind you... no inform you, since you were not there, it was a HAVENITE that ordered an attack against the Gaul. The Gaul made NO attack nor did he order an attack against any of your people, until Donovan ordered the Phoenix Guild to 'Kill Zander.' "

*Annika looks at Donovan with a silent plea for help to confirm her statement*

"As far as our customs, I think you are intelligent enough to know that what one crazed man does in the throes of war does NOT serve as an example for the entire people. I have NEVER lied to you, misled you or kept anything that I knew from you!" *Annika seems to be speaking to everyone.*

"My OWN mother a Witch??? Zander and her courted at one time??? The Great Ones imbuing magic into the very walls of the City???" *Annika seems extraordinarily distressed.* "Do you have ANY idea what I am going through right now? In just a few years, I have to marry a hopeless fop. I also HAVE to learn magic -- the one thing I was raised to hate and distrust, as this was prescribed by the Great Ones to protect the City. The sheer amount of self-loathing and disgust at having not only been lied to for years, but by my own mother and father..."

*Annika looks down again and tries to stifle more crying, she calms a bit and then says quietly:*

"But my own personal turmoil is not your problem..." *Annika says without looking up* "What is your problem is that you came here under the pretenses that we would be able to unite our people in a union between Severin and I and you simply needed to guard a wedding and a coronation... I had no way of knowing in the seven moons that I was gone that so much had changed and that I would be bringing you into a seemingly hopeless situation. Just as I had no way of knowing the betrayal perpetrated by my mother against her people... and against me..."

*Annika finally looks up.* "If you doubt any of my words, please do not keep me along with your party. I cannot bear any more silent betrayals of the heart or of your thoughts..."

*Annika's voice trails off and she stands there awaiting judgment*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn watches the exchange and her eyes beiefly flare with anger, yet there a cold detachment at the same time. She does not say a word and maintains an eary sillence keeping an eye out for danger.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
jason eldereth
New in Town
New in Town

Post by jason eldereth »

Jason Appauld at the situation takes up a possition around Neshca and holds a non'threatning mannor.....

Wispers into his ear......

Bolts off to the front to take possition next to Mc'ewan
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

* looks around at the Phoenix's around him *

* Looks at Annika *

"Lady Annika, I cannot speak for my commander, but I feel that you had no hidden agendas when you brought these people here. While I was not with them from the beginning I did get to see your people before they arrived and I do not feel that this outcome was by any means expected. It however was manipulated.. I do not believe by you, but by one or more others... and while they may be laughing right now, seeing the mayhem that has been caused and destruction of a possible alliance between the HAvenites and Frostfellians... I dare say that whoever set this up, be it this Pentag or perhaps still others of your people that still do not and will never trust outsiders, I do know this. We shall not be so easily disuaded from protecting the people of Haven, we may have internal bickering and squabbling.. but in the end we will be united as a people.. I know I shall stake my life to this, as I hope will all Phoenix's.. this is what we are and this is what we will be till death. Life and Rebirth are what the Phoenix stand for...
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Do not give Pentaguishine credit for our woes. Though he may be pleased by our suffering, we do so not by his design. We have no one to blame for our troubles but ourselves."

Looks at Curufin. "Although the possibility exists that not all our thoughts are our own."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

True Dallid, we must take responsibility for our actions.. each and every one of us. Although all actions have a beginning and an end.. Our current woes I think are neither... they are the journey that shall show us who we are. In the end I believe we can make a good life for all of us and those that we protect.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

*Curufin's face hardens as Annika speaks, as if to say 'All that You have gone through!?! How about coming to your land to help you and protect you, only to be attacked and lied to at every turn. We fought for you. We bled for you. We even died for you. And this is how we are thanked.'*

*Curufin looks as if he wants to say something, but doesn't. When Dallid speaks to him, his face hardens more in disgust at the mere thought that his actions, thoughts, and words might not be his own. The thought of not being in control sends a blow to his heart. Curufin's eyes narrow and his face tightens as he stares at Dallid. Then suddenly, his face returns to normal, he closes his eyes and turns his head away, as if to concede to Dallid's notion.*
Lost my train of thought.....
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

*As always the young ‘looking’ Avyana carries with him a simple bag and a simpler staff, he found in the woods one day. Donmayo eyes seem lost in thought as he looks ahead in a direction that would lead the party back to the Haven. With all the bickering he seems to come to a decision that it is far past time we left this infernal ice hell, and he picks up his pace to shadow the leaders and keep and eye on the outlander woman who convinced us all to make this trip. From the start of the battle with Zander up to this walk home he express no emotion whatsoever. Neither anger nor sorrow nor happiness has effected him. He simply keeps walking and waiting for his the Moon's leader(s) next order...
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Detects the truth in Annika's words and seems to become more relaxed as he determines her pain to be genuine.*

Enough of this casting of blame, it serves only to cause further damage. Annika, I recognize that you have suffered as we have, and that we are all still in shock from having the situation deteriorate so quickly. I apologize for my lack of empathy as I let my own concerns cloud my judgement. You may accompany us to Haven without fear of harm from any in the House.

Don-Mayo, please watch over her during our journey.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven