This one is for Tonia

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

This one is for Tonia

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

This little snippet of info, RE: The flu vaccine shortage, should give you a little more insight into the morals of your democratic dynamic duo. :-)

How the vaccine works:

Influenza vaccine is produced by growing the virus in eggs. The virus is
killed and processed to create the vaccine, which is given by injection
under the skin. The body then produces antibodies to the virus over the next two to four weeks. If the immunized person then comes into contact with the influenza virus, the antibodies attack and kill the virus before it has a chance to cause infection. The vaccine contains the 3 most likely strains to be active during the "flu season".

Why the shortage:

Almost half of the nation's flu vaccine will not be delivered this year.
Chiron, a major manufacturer of flu vaccine, will not be distributing any
influenza vaccine this flu season. Chiron was to make 46-48 million doses of vaccine for the United States. Chiron is a British company. Recently
British health officials stopped Chiron from distributing and making the
vaccine when inspectors found unsanitary conditions in the labs. Some lots
of the vaccine were recalled and destroyed.

Why is our vaccine made in the UK and not the US?

The major pharmaceutical companies in the US provided almost 90% of the nations flu vaccine at one time. They did this despite a very low profit
margin for the product. Basically, they were doing us a favor. In the late
80's a man from North Carolina who had received the vaccine got the flu. The strain he caught was one of the strains in that years vaccine made by a US company. What did he do? He sued and he won. He was awarded almost $5 million! After that case was appealed and lost, most US pharmaceutical companies stopped making the vaccine. The liability out weighed the profit margin. Since UK and Canadian laws prohibit such frivolous law suits UK and Canadian companies began selling the vaccine in the US.

By the way...the lawyer that represented the man in the flu shot law suit
was a young ambulance chaser by the name of John Edwards.

"Let freedom ring", W in '04!!!!
Moo.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

Rock on Black Angus!! Just for that I'll let ya borrow my black horns next event if ya want!! \/\/!!!
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Hey Bobby... late 80s was the Reagan and Bush era, my love, which means your stupid Republicans who CHOSE the Supreme Court justices whose decision you're mocking are to blame for a lawsuit you claim to be so frivolous.

F--- you, Republicans! :)

By the way, only a Republican would summarize a lengthy trial to a simple cause and effect equation while ignoring multiple other causalities...
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

PLEEEASE lets be real, you can go back for years with who to blame. Bottom line is that beaurocratic, flip-flopping politician's running mate is nothing more than your typical lawyer out to make himself money. Nobody with any virtue, with the good of the people at heart, would have represented that man. Lenthy trial, complicated trial... whatever. he represented him -- and it's fairly undisputed whether or not the lawsuit was frivolous.
Moo.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Wow, it's a good thing you personally know that man and his intentions. Because I know you're damn certain that that money grubbing pharmaceutical company that makes so many millions of dollars and that same pharmaceutical company that has hiked up prescriptions so high that many cannot afford simple prescriptions and people in Africa are dieing from AIDS because they won't share the drugs there for the price they make them for... yeah that same pharmaceutical company was doing us a favor.

Gimme a break. The only reason they "did us a favor" was so that their kids didn't catch it either. But that other stuff that people really need to get better, that stuff they hike up.

Please, Bobby, try not to be so one dimensional. :lol:
Tonia Brown
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Right, that pharmecutical company deserved to have that money taken from them, and I'm sure that man's flu was worth every cent of the FIVE MILLION dollars he went after -- my bad. Baby, I understand your need to look the other way and start assigning fault elsewhere, lets just put this behind us and be friends. :D :D :D
Moo.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Sure, we can be friends... I need to do some charity work before Christmas...
Tonia Brown
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

:-). WELCOME BACK by the way!
Moo.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Thanks, doll. I missed you!
Tonia Brown
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

me too!
Moo.
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

BTW, the story reported in the first post of this thread is largely inaccurate, as reported by snopes.com, a trustworthy source for finding out if something is an urban legend or not. You should check out their story at http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/flushot.asp.

I'm all for W, but let's bash Kerry/Edwards with proven facts ;)
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

1.) your "snoeps" article says the statement that edwards secured a 5million dollar claim from and individual suing agains the pharm. company is false, but then at the end says that it is "uknown" whether or not edwards secured that deal. snoeps probably shouldn't make that claim until they're sure he didn't.

2.) If campaigns were won on what is absolute, what is right, what is undisputable, then republicans would win every election! What I like to see conveyed is as much absolute information as possible (like voting records and accomplishments), and let people know the reality about the kind of person we're looking at. I say edwards is a ambulance chaser not fit for the position of vice-president (based not only on that story i posted, but on all the research I've done), and that story helped that image out.

Kinda the same way that kerry says hes a sportsman when he has a 100% approval rating from PITA (an organization whose hellbent on elminating hunting and fishing completely), has had every opportunity to vote for sportsmen in his last 20 years and has voted the other way (including a vote for a bill that would illegalize every modern rifle cartride in existence), and then goes out "hunting" on TV with a shotgun that he voted to ban, and borrows the shotgun (which he wants to make illegal to do).

If Kerry can try to lie so blatently to the sportsman community of this country in attempt to gain their favor under false pretenses, then I can post a story about his running mate that helps assert his general character, and which has not been proven unsubstantiated. :-)
Moo.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

First of all I would like to point out that I am a staunch independent. I honestly believe on both sides of the isle, there be monsters. However...
2.) If campaigns were won on what is absolute, what is right, what is undisputable, then republicans would win every election!
...is inaccurate. The most honest, hard working president in MY lifetime was Jimmy Carter (D-Georga). The most compitent? Prob. not. But , from what I've seen, the mutch malligned peanut-farmer seems to be the only man who has held the office who cared two hoots about the people he served.

And as for record, interesting factoid, the most Liberal president we've had sence Kennidy, (jamed civil rights down congresses throut, did real damage to the KKK, oversaw the end of the Segrigation of schools) was Nixon, yes Nixon.

So who whould you vote for?...Carter a nice guy who (other than the Mid-East "Peace" <giggle> accords) accomplished very little, or Nixon a slimy, paranoid, election-manipulateing, "CREEP" (<---historical pun) who was good at his job?

As for the 2004 election, I can not in good conscience vote for a man who is actively trying to destroy the enviroment, sees no problem in a neerly one million net loss in jobs and goaded the country with misinformation and lies into an unnessessary war without a plan as to how to get us out of it.

But to be fair, the biggest reason I will be voteing for the Not-Bush is, that if I have to put a dishonest, backstabbing, crook into the oval office, I would mutch rather the crook was LITERATE.

I just hope that this election does not degrade, like the last one, into...
I won
Did not
Did to
Did not
Did to...
The only thing I could think four years ago was "That there are two grown men acting like five-year-olds" and "Both of their carriers are over, but one won't realize it for four years"

Vote as you see fit, but I (as an Independant) can't understand voteing to keep someone who wants to take your rights away (PATRIOT Act, "Free Speach ZONES"...free speach zones? I thought the whole country was a free speach zone)

Sorry for the neverending rant, but....<shrug>
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

1.) That republican comment was a joke.
2.) That’s bullshit about Bush not caring about the environment.
3.) If you think that war was the wrong decision, then you are completely misinformed, or haven't been keeping up. War also may have been avoided if our prior president was more concerned about world affairs than about keeping his own ass out of jail.
3.) Before you talk about literacy, run spell-check on your posts. :) KIDDING. Granted, Bush isn't the most articulate person on earth when it comes to presidential debates (although if you watch his past gubernatorial debates, he was incredibly eloquent), but at least he stands for something and isn't a wishy-washy, spineless, lying, bureaucrat.
Moo.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

For the record, I think the whole reapering quote thing is tacky, but in the intrest to my general lax mood today....
1.) That republican comment was a joke
I don't remember makeing a comments about republicans in general, but...was it at least funny ? ;)
2.) That’s bullshit about Bush not caring about the environment
2) I am willing to accept differing oppinions (<shrug> I enjoy them), pluss I am unwilling to go back into the Congressional record and count the number of bills sponsered by the Whitehouse that call for expanded drilling in Alaska and/or reduction in emition standards, but sence the time I did look, I didn't bother looking back very far I may be suffering from a lack of information about trends concerning this stuff. :)
3.) Before you talk about literacy, run spell-check on your posts. :) KIDDING. Granted, bush isn't the most articulate person on earth when it comes to presidential debates (although if you watch his past gubernatorial debates, he was incredibly eloquent), but at least he stands for something and isn't a wishy-washy, spineless, lying, bureaucrat.

This point seems to be in two parts sooooo.....

3) a: I rationallize my inablity to spell by thinking of all my post as first drafts. Leave me my dreams darn you! :D

3) b: Um...you did catch the interview with Bush frantically back-peddeling about his platform's stand on gay marrage didn't you? 8)

I noticed you did not address the whole PATRIOT Act/ free speach zone thing. Even if I agreed with every other thing the currant Comander in Chief did or said I would vote aganst him for those two things.

******WARNING***** The person who is posting this considers political discutions as a fun pasttime and at no time wishes to upset those he debaits
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with