The Journey to Frostfell, Chapter 1.

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

The Journey to Frostfell, Chapter 1.

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Donovan assembles the advance party venturing to Frostfell in gray light of early morning. After distributing rations and checking everyone for warm clothing, they begin their trek to the north. He speaks to the people of the expedition as they walk out of the lands of the Haven.

"A few things to keep in mind. First, Annika warned us that the people of Frostfell have some sort of bear that their troops ride. If we see any large, bear-like creatures do not engage them until we can be sure they are not being ridden by our allies. Should we encounter troops from Frostfell, allow me to speak with them. Annika provided me with a token that will identify us as friends. Aside from that, stay warm, stay close, and stay alert."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

* Rubs the sleep from his eyes *

"Aye sar. No biting the natives an' no feedin' the bears."
Last edited by McEwan on Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan smiles*

"Something like that, yes."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

*Emerging from the Inn and looking about for the Guthrie, Claude puts on his backpack and starts walking*

North I assume? About how long are we expecting to be walking? And should we set out the scouts now or just let them get restless? I know how much fun it is to make them get anxious and start hopping about.
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Unconsiously checks his posessions with the mention of the gunthrie

"Well w' me short legs I be inna back anyway, so I'll be a'keepin' me eyes open ta make sartin we be gettin' no surprises for the backside"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*With her gear all packed and as worm of clothing as she has on, Kidwynn stands with Kels in the group.*

*After Claude's comment, Kidwynn smirks at him before turning her attention to Donovan.*

Donovan, if we promsie not to go to far ahead I really think it would be a good idea to allow those of us who can scout to do so. You could always send us as a team so that no one goes head alone luv.l

*Kidwynn adjusts her had and her coat to attempt to bundle up more and awaits Donovan's answer.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

*kabre stumbles out of the inn -- bottle in hand -- leans his back against the wall and slides down. He gives a drunken salute to Donovan,and passes out*
Moo.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Sighs and looks at Kels*

We are going to have to somewhat carry him until he sobers up. If you need for Kels and I to scout then I suggest two others take a shoulder.

Either that or I'll go off by myself to scout.

*Grabs the bottle and if she can snatch it, puts it in her bag. She appears to be a combination of disappointed and irritated.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

OOG(I think you would know that Im slated to go in the second group, using the circles.)
Moo.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*Lambic comes trundling up, from the direction of the Guild's of Light and Hope's Hall. As he moves you can hear him a jingle with the sound of glass bottles. As he walks he whips Backpack around so that it is still hanging on one shoulder, He reaches in and adjust a few things. He then whips the backpack back around and there is no more klinking. He is a bit out of breath as he reaches the group.*

Well its a fine day to start our journey. Lets get this show on the road Donovan.

Kabre don't drink us or Atrum out of house or Haven while we're gone. In other words save some for me. :)
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

*Having finally slept the night before, McEwan seems to be awake and alert for the first time in days. He almost looks...happy.*

"Come me hardies. Ol' problems behind us, new challanges ta fore, an a breaze at our backs. I be a'thinkin' it be a good day fer a wee bit o' a walk, an' I be a'thinkin' this be a short trip n' matter how long it be takin'."

With that he hefts his axe onto his shoulder and takes his place at the back of the group

(OOG: by the way whoo all is going on this little jaunt?)
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

(((OOC: shouldnt all discussion about who is and isnt going take place in game?)))
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

( OOC: sorry my bad. I was just thinking it would be a good idea to know who's here with out each char showing up for a roll call befor we head out)
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

(((OOC:Ah...you are right, a list of what PCs are in the first group, without a mousekateer-style roll call, is a good idea. I was thinking you were asking Donovan who was going along in an OOG statement. )))
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal exits the inn with his belongings and walks to Donovans side.*

"I just love cold weather." * He says sarcasticly, and smiles.*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.