In Between Event actions

Have an idea for a new skill? How about a proposed change the way something works? Suggest it here!

Moderator: Admin

Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

In Between Event actions

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

I would like to propose :
when a player submits an in between event action (use of research, investigation, RP…whatever), that the staff see to it that EACH submission is individually responded to. Not each list…EACH action. The staff needs to place in the folder/envelope for the next event of that PC...something...anything… for EACH action. This is in effort to show the player that EACH action was noted, acknowledged, addressed and responded to ...even if that response is" you need more research time in this", or "nope...not a chance"
Last edited by Kaylan Chargeender on Wed May 06, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Re: In Netween Event actions

Post by Ark »

I support this, I would add on top of that (if it was not already implied?) that what your various actions were ( as stated above: use of research, investigation, RP…whatever, and what you actually wrote down, asked, etc.) should also be added, like quoting on forums and what not, so you can see exactly what was responded to and when.

I only used in-between event skills a few times but felt confused about the responses I was getting, or in some cases like I was getting the exact same information I had gotten previously (in cases were I was told to research more) or that I was getting information I had submitted for many events ago that was no longer relevant or useful instead of what I had submitted last event. like my research literally lagged.

the whole thing kind of gave me negative opinions on in-between event skills to the point that I just didn't bother with them.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

*prepares for the apocalypse*
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

hey I support good ideas and condemn bad ideas (all in my own opinion of course) regardless of whose it is ^_^

this is a good idea.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I will just say this -

Each In-between event action that is the use of a skill should get a response, if you do not get one then you should see the GM staff, as it was likely an oversight. (This also depends on how timely the in-between event action is reported to the GM staff).

As for RP actions or actions that are not considered Between Event action skills. It has been stated before that the GM staff will get to as many Non skill actions as possible, usually 1 for sure. But if you have several non-skilled actions it may not be possible for the staff to get to them, including even just saying "Yep we got it".

Even with just the skilled actions there is a lot of writing and printing going on. So we try to respond to everything, but we focus on Skilled actions first, and non-skilled second.

I wish I could give you better news, but it is simply not feasible for us to respond to every request, even though we try.

My suggestion is if you do not get a reply for a non-skilled request in your envelope, then go to the staff in game and ask for a reply.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!