deadly focus

A glimpse into the process of LARP design, into the minds of the creators, and a chance to interact on a design level with the GMs--basically what we're thinking and why
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

deadly focus

Post by Abaddon »

Deadly Focus – Essence Skill
This skill allows you to spend 2 Essence Points to negate having a skill be disrupted by being impacted by any effect or damage. For example, after charging a 12 Sleep, Artegall gets hit with a 10 Magic. Although he takes the damage, nearly dropping him, he spends 2 Essence Points to keep his charged skill active, striking his foe, knocking him unconscious.

this is just to much. This skill resulted in armies of unstoppable rogue npcs hitting max damage one after another, not to mention the pc rogues. This takes rrogue one real weakness and drops them like a bad habit. this is just too powerful. (you would never give em paths this right?) this can make non interrupt-able 12 vorpal strikes....
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Re: deadly focus

Post by Ark »

I know why it was included, but I feel that it does indeed remove the counter play from rogue crit strike.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.