shields again, no not sizes :P

More focused/controlled rules suggestion forum
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

shields again, no not sizes :P

Post by Ark »

obviously we know shield sizes and what not are getting discussed behind the scenes and I leave it up to them to talk and debate further, this is different :)

Shield SOAK

I feel that shield soak has outlived its purpose in the system, that purpose was primarily to give empaths a way to destroy them, they have that now in the way of shatter, and that's how they have been dealt with for a while now, you don't hit a shield with a giant channel whether your a PC or an NPC, you use shatter, its faster and more effective.

I feel that the game has evolved to the point where shields can have the same mechanics as weapons, and that is be unbreakable unless hit with a "shatter" call. there still exists within the PC set of rules means to deal with shields, and those with access to them and their effectiveness against shields has not changed.

-shatter
-crush (ha yeah right)
-disarm

as you debate shield sizes please debate this as well as there are a few skills and craftsman options that effect shields that would require rework to accommodate this change. however I feel it is a good change that makes the mechanics of shields much simpler, bringing it line with other weapon mechanics and the mechanics of Finalhaven as it exists today.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Phinkis
Town Member
Town Member

Re: shields again, no not sizes :P

Post by Phinkis »

Disagree
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Disagree
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

Agree
Xil Zymasi, Crew of the Red Wind // Dakkon Wrynn, Dark Elf Outcast

Feel free to PM me if you have any forum/website questions/issues. I can take care of them for you.
Also, note that although my name is red, I am not a GM and therefore cannot answer logistical questions (such as rules) definitively. That said, I'll certainly try to help!
Kiel Reid
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kiel Reid »

Disagree
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Disagree