2015 Event Dates

GM-Mike
GM

2015 Event Dates

Post by GM-Mike »

Here are the events for 2015. As some of you may have heard, we were forced to switch camps again this year. The scouts are hesitant to rent to non-scout groups, likely due to another LARPs misuse of the camp last year. Four events will be held at Long Lake Outdoor Center in Middleville. We were there for two events last year and it's very nice. We have rented the lodge and all four bunkhouses for those events. The fifth event will be held at Camp Talahi in Howell. We will be the only group there that weekend.

February 28th: Winter One Day. We have the mansion house and the lodge both Friday and Saturday nights for those who like either board games or hanging out.

April 17-19
June 5-7
August 21-23 (Camp Talahi)
October 2-4
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: 2015 Event Dates

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Any notion how much extra Stage house would be?

Will there be an "in game" explanation, or will plot just whitewash it due to the camp/lodge/tavern not being terribly different?

I have no grudge against either option.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I assume you are talking about the one day when asking about the Stage House? It will be at least $60 per night. My understanding is there will be a slight increase in cost but I haven't heard what that will be as of yet.

We have not discussed any in game explanation as of yet. It may simply be further development of the wildlands but we will keep you posted.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I assume you are talking about the one day when asking about the Stage House? It will be at least $60 per night. My understanding is there will be a slight increase in cost but I haven't heard what that will be as of yet.

We have not discussed any in game explanation as of yet. It may simply be further development of the wildlands but we will keep you posted.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

We have a tentative date for our third event of the year, August 21-23 and I've updated the initial post to reflect that. When everything is set, I will update the events page as well. This third event will be at Camp Talahi, which returns us to our 3 westerly and one easterly event format. Camp Talahi is located at 6458 Richardson Rd. Howell MI so not as far east as we have been in the past.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Will we be planning the usual pot luck for the one day?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

That is the plan, yes
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Events have been updated as Talahi is confirmed for August. Although I don't expect any changes, do know that there was confusion over the long lake rentals, further complicated by the person in charge of renting being in the hospital for several days. I think everything is settled once again but will not know for sure until I have the contracts firmly in hand. I will update this thread when everything is 100% certain. Again, I expect no changes from here on out. The one day event and the Camp Talahi event are firm.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

And now all dates are confirmed.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

SWIMMING!!

Soo... We have a June and August event at camps that have lakes. I like swimming!
Does anyone happen to know the swimming policy for long lake? I couldn't find that information on the website.

Also, Camp Talahi requires a lifeguard and the website says, "Camp Talahi works with several certified lifeguards who may be available for private events with sufficient notice and at an additional cost." Would someone mind asking what that "additional cost" may be if we wanted a lifeguard around for those of us who want to swim during game break? If there is sufficient interest and the price is reasonable, we might be able to get a few people to pitch in for it.

I personally don't mind going ahead and asking them myself, but also don't want to step on any toes by doing so.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Okies, I just called Long Lake and spoke with Mary. She said that they do allow swimming at the lake (near the Lake cabins), but it's swim at your own risk. She also mentioned it's a "country lake." The beach is grassy and the lake bottom is sand and stones. She doesn't know what the water temperatures have been.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I believe a lifeguard at Talahi is $30/hour
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Thanks Mike. Did they say anything about a minimum time or available time frames, etc?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

No, the contract that I received just had that as an option at that price. Number of hours appears to be negotiable.
Joe
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Joe »

If we have a licensed lifeguard of our own can we just use our own so that we dont need to have a lifeguard that charges us an arm and a leg?