Mimicking Sage Skills

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Zydana
GM

Mimicking Sage Skills

Post by Zydana »

Recently I asked about using mimic on Read/Write.

Mimic doesn't allow Diplomat to be mimicked (which is Read/Write), and recently it was clarified that Read/Write from Sage also could not be mimicked. The only other Basic Sage skill to use during an event is Necropsy. Can that skill be mimicked?

If yes, then the rule book should be changed to specify Read/Write instead of Diplomat.

Further more, what's to prevent a sage who already has Necropsy to mimic it and thus gain the ability for a level 2 necropsy?
Joe
New in Town
New in Town

Re: Mimicking Sage Skills

Post by Joe »

you are not allowed to mimic skills that are in the expansion or skills that you already have
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

I am going to clarify the "already own" aspect.

if you are a full basic sage with the regen boon, and want to mimic a basic sage skill, you cannot, as you already own it.

however if you want to mimic regen from barbarian you can, even though you have regen as a boon, because its a different source, unless of course you are a level 1 barbarian then you cannot mimic it.

so perhaps a better way to say this is you cannot mimic any skill source you own.

there has got to be a better way to say that but I am still kind of tired and wired so whatev. :P Brian help me out and simplify this (in 15 words or less! go!)
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

uhm....Ark is always wrong...sorry.....its a reflex and all i can reply to him with on short notice....
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

rulebook wrote: With this skill the Sage may mimic any first level Discipline or Basic Path skill except for
Arcanist, Diplomat, Wizard Path skills or anything from the Heroes and Villains Expansion book.
It takes 5 minutes to receive the skill, but the skill lasts until the Sage begins to Mimic a different
skill or the end of the event. Any armor restrictions of the mimicked skill still apply.
Sorry, where are you getting this, "can not mimic a skill you already have" thing?
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

In all seriousness this MIGHT be a better skill description:

Mimic – Timed skill/Special per skill mimicked. With this skill the Sage may mimic any first level Discipline or Basic Path skill FROM ANY PATH OR DISCIPLINE THEY HAVE NOT SPENT SKILL POINTS ON; except for Arcanist, Diplomat, Wizard Path skills or anything from the Heroes and Villains Expansion book. It takes 5 minutes to receive the skill, but the skill lasts until the Sage begins to Mimic a different skill or the end of the event. Any armor restrictions of the mimicked skill still apply.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

since the rule book is getting fixed that's why we are bringing it up.
Travis Cole
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

well not less then 15 words but. . .it does work
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

the extra addition is less than 15 Mr....I am awesome, but getting the entire definition/description less than 15 words would take divine intervention. That upgrade doesn't arrive until next week.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Joe
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Joe »

i was informed of the inability to mimic skills you already own by a gm at winterhaven and i kind of assumed that the same was true here at final
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Correct, but if you own the Gavin discipline of regenerate, you do NOT own regenerate from barbarian.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Kiel Reid
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kiel Reid »

Every time someone says "You cannot mimic a skill you already have." It's a field call and only good for that event.

With that in mind if that is the intention than they should change the skill description or add the verbiage to the addendum.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

on the other hand, a Master Sage master Ga'vin with four sources of regen and roach sounds hecka fun to play
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

they would need to have mutton chops, be short, and able to grow adamantium claws....just sayin.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

actually I don't see any problem with letting the sage mimic skills they already own as long as its not one of the skills from the list that mimic cannot be used on. its a master level skill, so if it allows them to pickup or stack an additional skill that someone else who is not a sage could not, I really don't see a problem with it, and there are no broken combinations by allowing it (because only certain skills that state they stack can be stacked anyway)