Updates and changes for 2014

Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Updates and changes for 2014

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Now take that money and free time. You can now run plots with more rewards for people who do stuff. Yay!
Thats brilliant, plot should give coin to the out in the dungeon adventuring types only. I mean to hell with the players that would rather play in keep/tavern owner like Art. What the hell does he need in game funds for any how right?
On top of that it makes NO SENSE whatsoever that higher level PCs would be able to do side jobs, have side adventures, start small business that essentially run off stage and in between the 2 or 3 month gaps between events. No way a level 200 PC would have more contacts and income sources than a level 20 or 50. Thats just crazy talk.

:roll:
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Allow me to retort with this...

There should be no multipliers. There should be no coin at game on. Get rid of it. It's a logistics pain and it inflates the value of in game coin. With the current changes the need for coin on a character basis is unnecessary.

Its not just x3 and x4. Currently this mechanic brings probably close to 20-30 gold into the game. Why? There is no need for upkeep anymore. Did you spend skill points to get it? You have allegiance? Replace that skill with something similar to merchant level 1.

Now take that money and free time. You can now run plots with more rewards for people who do stuff. Yay!
As far as i know the multiplier issue applies to WinterHaven too. So the "changing economy" part of the argument is a non-issue.

I know that once I hit 100 as Marcus, it was still not enough to survive on as I don't have the support boon or disciplines to boost it.

What I don't understand is if we are getting a new opportunity to select boons at lvl 100 now. Because otherwise to get "Rich" to matter for a 100level character, you either have to buy it 20 levels ahead of time and sit on a skill that nets nothing for a season or more, or buy it something like 40 levels late as your third boon.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

I think the two sides of this issue have made their opinions known, and as it stands we're pursuing a middle road between the current multipliers and the removal of multipliers entirely.

The removal of survival upkeep in the new economy does call for some measure of mitigation as far as economic input is concerned, and that is being accomplished in several ways. The first is the adjustment of inputs through holdings and territories. Secondly, we're engaging in a more sophisticated system of tracking for treasure and total economic income. Third, we're offering additional services through the generic "market" that will provide price stabilization and allow for PC's to set personal rates of exchange. Fourth, we're creating several potential "Gold Sinks" that will operate in conjunction with an advanced economy and allow PC's who acquire wealth (through whatever method they choose) to access the sorts of goods and services one would expect in a developed kingdom. Lastly, there will be a modest increase in average prices - a development that is logical given the larger and more stable economic environment.

One issue we can avoid completely is that of inflation. Because we have absolute control over market inputs and prices as a GM staff, there is no fear of either scarcity or inflationary pressures. True market control is a tool any real-world economist would drool over, and we plan on using it wisely.

In closing, we want to continue offering a variety of ways for PC's to interact with the economy. Personal income, holdings, treasure and a robust market are all assets to this game, and we'll be exploring different elements of balance as we move forward. As of right now, we've decided that accessing the higher multipliers of personal income should require some minor investment on the part of the PC's who desire those bonuses, and as such we've made them contingent on spending a perk or two. We'll monitor the economy over the next season at both games and if we feel a change would benefit the majority of players and provide a better experience, we'll explore it.
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

One additional change to the rules - merely an add-on or new use for the Abundance/Plague spell to keep it more in-line and useful for the new FH Economic set-up

This wording will take the place of the wording of the Abundance/Plague spell in the current rulebook. - The added part is underlined below.

Effect – (Abundance) - Target a Territory, each Holding Manager within this Territory will receive (1) one Resource per Production Area within their Holdings in addition to their normal production. Or you may choose to target an individual Holding with the spell, in which case the Holding Manager of that Holding will receive (2) two resources per Production Area in addition to their normal production.

Effect – (Plague) - Target a Territory, each Holding Manager within this Territory will receive (1) one less Resource per Production Area within their Holdings. Or you may choose to target an individual Holding with the spell, in which case the Holding Manager of that Holding will receive (2) two less resources per Production Area in the Holding.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Kiel Reid
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kiel Reid »

Can a territory/holding be targeted and gain the benefits of multiple Abundance spells? Multiple Plagues?
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Yes
Hi.. I'm Aidan!