GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Updates and changes for 2014

Post by GM-Phil »

Core Rulebook - http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/Final-Ha ... k-2012.pdf

Expansion Rulebook - http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/final-ha ... 2012v1.pdf

Combined Rulebook - http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/Final-Ha ... n-2012.pdf

Character sheet with editable fields - http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/Final-Ha ... fields.pdf

(Thanks to Art for all these wonderful links!)

Along with these rulebooks are a few changes. Due to the fact we are currently working on revamping the look of the rulebook, we decided not to re-edit again and are just going to post the errata here and have sheets available at the events.

Errata

Level 1 Craftsman – “Repair” - Charged skill - The Craftsman can repair armor points and Structure points. It takes the Craftsman 30 Seconds to repair 1 point of Armor (This has no effect on Combat Reflexes). Armor phys-reps do not need to be removed before repairing. A Craftsman can also repair damage done to Buildings and Doors, the better the Craftsman the more they can repair. A Craftsman can repair Structure points at a rate of 1 SP per 3 Minutes. If the structure they are attempting to repair is being struck or damaged then the Craftsman is disrupted and must restart their count.

Level 3: Create Basic Items – Timed skill
The Craftsman can create weapons and armor. Please see the Craftsman section on page 63 for an explanation on item creation. To create any items beyond those listed in the Craftsman section a player will need to have a GM approved in-game recipe for how to create that item. In addition a Craftsman of this level reduces the time it takes to repair an Armor point with the Level 1 “Repair” skill by 5 seconds.

Wizard spell - Counterspell
Type – Rite
Time to Cast – Instant
Effect - If a game stop is called for a spell effect you may spend 1 LP during the game stop to counter the effect.
Re-load - 10 minutes

Hunter and Gatherer--Savage
Level 3: No Stone Unturned – Between events
When purchasing higher Wealth levels this skill counts as 3 Food towards your goal.

Ga'Vin
Level 3: Survival - Between events
When purchasing higher Wealth levels this skill counts as 2 Supplies and 1 Cloth towards your goal.

Also characters will no longer be gaining a x3 multiplier to their Personal Income at level 100 or a x4 multiplier at level 200. Instead 2 new Perks have been added -

Perk - "Filthy Rich" - When your character reaches level 100 your Personal income modifier increases from x2 to x3.

Perk - "Filthy Stinking Rich" - When your character reaches level 200 your Personal income modifier increases from current to x4.

(For note at either the One-day event or the 1st full event you play a character since this change you may swap out an existing Perk or Perks for either or both of these Perks).

Just as a reminder at Final Haven only, characters will automatically be checked-out at the "Common" Wealth level for free each event. If a character wishes to they may still purchase higher Wealth levels by paying the appropriate cost from the chart in the rulebook.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Updates and changes for 2014

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Also characters will no longer be gaining a x3 multiplier to their Personal Income at level 100 or a x4 multiplier at level 200. Instead 2 new Perks have been added -

Perk - "Filthy Rich" - When your character reaches level 100 your Personal income modifier increases from x2 to x3.

Perk - "Filthy Stinking Rich" - When your character reaches level 200 your Personal income modifier increases from x3 to x4.

not that I am taking a for or against stance, but the logic or reason behind this is???
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

The easiest and probably least satisfying answer is - Personal Income is the one thing in the game that gets better and better with little to no investment, especially when you count in the level multipliers. It seemed more balanced that characters who wish to continue to make ridiculous amounts of money be required to expend some sort of "slot/effort" towards it. If the multiplier is really that important to a character then they should be willing to spend a Perk on it, just as they may spend a skill slot on Allegiance, or the Support Boon.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

ok, but since the personal income was set up to replace the influence points system, how are you going to rectify the defecit if the multipliers are gone?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I am not sure what you mean - especially since the multipliers were never in the original Support point system I see no need to rectify anything?

Also the Personal Income system was introduced once the reason for the Support point system went away.

Originally your Support points were a mechanical way to detail your "influence" in the old political system. Once we separated Support points and politics from the current Economic system it was decided we still wanted to give the characters something for in-between event "actions", and so came up with a way to get coin into the hands of each player. Now while coin does play an important part in the current Economic/Holding system it is not as all important as Support points were in the older Political/Holding system.

I may be missing the point of your post and if so I apologize, but looking at the data collected, it was decided that higher level characters would need to invest something more if they want to get even more money out of the system.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Well since the multipliers HAVE been there, you are essentially tanking the income of any higher level PC who is likely to have been using that income to build and support troops/holdings/regional advisors for tools and training. Will these things be reduced in cost to compensate?
Kaylan does have any such holdings, so I am not asking for that reason. I just think that since thy were there, several of the current PCs may feel like the rug has been tugged in a PC base that already seemed to gripe a bit about Character wealth.
Such a drop also would impact a PCs political influence with no real in game reason, or at least none stated to this point. I am unaware as to the why they were put in the rules in the first place, but the paradigm that a level 110Pc had more influence and contacts than a level 50 PC and thus could scueeze more rescources out of the same ammount of "influence" made some sense to me. Yes I know that that the 110 still will get 110 copper compared to 50, but he is no longer getting a higher yield from the same 50 "influence" they both have access to. I always thought it was a neat way to balance the fact that the higher level PCs had to wait so long between new skills buys.
Ultimately it was just an academic inqury.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Cost of living has just gone down and therefore income goes down as well
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

as a side note, can we PLEASE fix weapon size catagories?!?!?! (since the rules speak about both small and tiny catagory)

I think:
small
short
long
bastard (1 damage one handed/2 two handed)
2 handed/pole arm/staves (2 damage)
are the minimum FH needs ( i think the big weapons deserve the extra since they suffer on usability and it would make them more feared)

I would also like to see:
arrows kicked up +1 damage
bastard (2 damage one handed/3 two handed)
staves 2 damage (which should be able to be used one handed to block with by the way)
2 handed/polearm (4 damage)

but i know there will be snow on Satans hiney before that happens.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

...and maybe this thread shold be moved to the rules ish section no?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

To be honest I put this thread here so that all the info needed for 2014 would be easy to find.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

should just remove the multipliers all together but its a step in the right direction.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Though it is a bummer for characters who had finally hit that point by the end of last year.

I thought that while personal upkeep had disappeared, that all in-game goods would go up in price accordingly? Supposedly as I understood it there would be no mechanical change, because while players no longer had to worry about starving, they would automatically be throwing what would have been upkeep money into the game economy to buy weapons, armor, and especially commodities, ending everything at zero sum?
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

First off, the multipliers are not gone, a character just needs to actually expend a Perk slot to get it back.

Secondly, while the prices for things are still being looked at, there will likely be a price increase but since none of it is a necessity like Check-out upkeep was there is no guarantee money will be spent. This year will be closely looked at to see how much money goes into game and attempt to also see how much comes out.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

in summation: all money will now go towards exotic/magic items. . .sweet -_-
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Ark wrote:in summation: all money will now go towards exotic/magic items. . .sweet -_-
Or in buying the requirements for wealthy levels too (or just making sure you have enough so that someone doesn't make you starving between events), or improving troops/NPCs, or paying for folks to do things for you (mechanically), or buying items/paying for services from other characters (character-driven economy?), or buying goods from traveling merchants, or any other number of things that might come into the game as well.
There are still plenty of things in game to spend money on (as far as I know.)

But I suppose if you're only interested in exotic/magic items, I guess that's your choice.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer