Ark: thread of tough love and abuse #1

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Re: Ark: thread of tough love and abuse #1

Post by GM_Chris »

Maybe we are having a misunderstanding of terms? I will say that I always seen people flop on the ground before they were mechanically forced to do so, and this is in no way cheating or against the rules in any way. When you fake being hurt sometimes the NPC's pass you by and sometimes they do not.

Now if a person assesses you and you lie about your condition then yes you are cheating.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

I was thinking of making one of these for disciplines, but there are just so many that I think I would either have to be very brief, like a 1-10 rating, or break it up into multiple posts / threads
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Gideon
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Gideon »

GM_Chris wrote:Maybe we are having a misunderstanding of terms? I will say that I always seen people flop on the ground before they were mechanically forced to do so, and this is in no way cheating or against the rules in any way. When you fake being hurt sometimes the NPC's pass you by and sometimes they do not.

Now if a person assesses you and you lie about your condition then yes you are cheating.
Good to Know
Ark wrote:I was thinking of making one of these for disciplines, but there are just so many that I think I would either have to be very brief, like a 1-10 rating, or break it up into multiple posts / threads
Disciplines are very complicated ... I will probably stay away from this discussion. If you were to do this, I would recommend just putting forward which disciplines you think are too weak, and Maybe the ones you think are too strong, and why.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Dealing with just paths the empath will most likely win any fight since they have fear.

I would charge the rogue call lash when I got into range to make sure I disrupted any charged skill, call fear and then chase them down hitting them in the back.
Chris
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

empath is too imbalanced to be counted on reliably in a 1v1 fight. and what I mean by that is it is more reliant on the skill of the player compared to other classes. if you can land packets, your going to win, if you cannot, your going to loose. that is why people prefer rogue. however a rogue will beat an empath because of dodge and the empaths need to blow life points to keep a rogue at bay. and an empath will shred a warrior with shatter alone.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Only needs to land 1 and at weapon length range
Chris
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

looked over all the skills and swap outs. then matt and I did path v path outside, he played the empath because he has played one for some time, and I played the rogue.

as I began my attack he started with a shatter, it hit and I was forced to dodge. I knew that during this fight I had to reserve my dodge for the shatters, it would not be hard as both have similar cooldowns and costs.
at this point he threw a fear. I choose to weave away to avoid any packets and also not go straight away from him increasing the travel time it would take for me to get back to him.
whilst I was feared he reloaded his shatter, when the fear ended I reloaded my dodge. that time gave him about 10-15 seconds to charge a channel, and he could only ever make it up to a 5 before I would close causing him to throw it. I dodged the 5 magic then took, but dodged, the shatter. then was hit with a 2 magic lash and a magic fear.

at this point
I as the rogue am down 2 health from using dodge.
he is down 5 life points from using skills.

after a third round of this he simply ran out of health to use skills and I beat him down.

in the end he did hit me with 2 shatters, a 5 magic, about 4 magic lash, 3 fears, and some 1 basic attacks (we gave the empath 8 life and 4 armor)
I did almost no damage as he kept me at bay till he ran out of life, then he could not do anything and I just beat him down duel wielding 1's (I also had 8 life, and 8 armor)

he ended up dead, and I was at around 4 life. it was a longer battle then expected, but was designed in the empaths favor and all he could do was hold out, had I snuck up and hit him in the back I would have dropped his character in 1 hit, and we gave both extra health (assumed beast race, savage, extra costume, level 40)

we also ran one were he simply feared me and chased me swinging 1, but this was imbalanced with dramatically different results based on player fitness and how rested the player was during the tests. and even then the rogue was able to counter a few times with a first hit hamstring to counter the chase.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

if you can land packets, your going to win, if you cannot, your going to loose.
Mmmmmaybe, unless your an empath that channels through a weapon instead of packets. Yes that has been allowed, and removes dodge as an issue.
that is why people prefer rogue.

They dont, you do. stop sating that.
however a rogue will beat an empath because of dodge and the empaths need to blow life points to keep a rogue at bay.
and an empath will shred a warrior with shatter alone.
Unless its a warrior that doesnt use weapons and instead uses fists, or has a few weapons on him.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Kaylan Chargeender wrote:
that is why people prefer rogue.

They dont, you do. stop sating that.
I know the number of paths played if not the precise characters because its often thrown in my face as a counter to my points about warriors sucking.

and I can tell you no opinion just facts: people prefer rogue over empath. it even got so bad I recall an NPC empath had to come in so we could raise dead because we actually had no empath.

your other points bring in disciplines and items that by their nature null the argument and debate of Path V Path.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

I know the number of paths played if not the precise characters because its often thrown in my face as a counter to my points about warriors sucking.
Not sure what thats supposed to mean, but even if every Pc currently played was a rogue, that would not mean that is some player preference.
A player could LOVE healers, have his current healer PC die and just chose to play something different and chose a rogue. Using who playes what currently to support "everybody preffers rogues" doesnt hold water.

people prefer rogue over empath.
Well im a people, in spite of what many think including my ex, and I dont preffer rogues. Empaths(mages) are actually my favorite, I just dislike the current incarnation of them.

it even got so bad I recall an NPC empath had to come in so we could raise dead because we actually had no empath
Inless your speaking of sone event while i was not playing, that wasnt due to no empath PC in current circulation, its because those players were not at THAT event
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis