Newly Updated Forum!

The good, the bad, and the ugly. Here you will find the latest page updates, and a place to let us know what you think, want added, changed, etc!

Moderator: Admin

Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Newly Updated Forum!

Post by Kayla »

Hello everyone!

You probably logged in and went "OMG THE FORUMS ARE DIFFERENT LOOKING NOW!" (If not, you're blind)

The reason for this is that the Final Haven forums have been updated from PhpBB2 (end of life in 2009) to PhpBB3 (Currently supported, and will be for several years).

With this comes a number of fixes, especially with security holes and anti-spambot countermeasures. Most of it is behind-the-scenes, but you may notice some speed improvements as well.

In addition, all of the posts, PMs, users, etc. are carried over.

The only downside of the switch is that our old beloved theme is no longer compatible with the forums. As such, there is a new one in place.

This thread is for feedback and questions about the new forums. For example, if a feature is missing, please let me know (either via post here or PM) and I will tell you where it is.

Thanks,
Kayla

PS: The website is being worked on, too. Not just the forums! ^_^
Xil Zymasi, Crew of the Red Wind // Dakkon Wrynn, Dark Elf Outcast

Feel free to PM me if you have any forum/website questions/issues. I can take care of them for you.
Also, note that although my name is red, I am not a GM and therefore cannot answer logistical questions (such as rules) definitively. That said, I'll certainly try to help!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Newly Updated Forum!

Post by Wyrmwrath »

i think the time on the forum is behind an hour...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

its so chris doesn't get confused.
Travis Cole
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

With the update to the forum, the (secret) link to the chat room has disappeared.
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

Zydana wrote:With the update to the forum, the (secret) link to the chat room has disappeared.
I actually totally forgot about the chat room. Would you like a chat plugin installed? And then hidden?

I didn't know anyone used the chat.

Feel free to PM me if you have any forum/website questions/issues. I can take care of them for you.
Also, note that although my name is red, I am not a GM and therefore cannot answer logistical questions (such as rules) definitively. That said, I'll certainly try to help!
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Would you be able to find a theme for the forums with a better contrast ratio? Black on grey is rough, and I spend all day staring at computers screens so this makes my eyes hurt. :D

By the way, its nice to see an updated forum with a search that works properly! Thanks!
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

August wrote:Would you be able to find a theme for the forums with a better contrast ratio? Black on grey is rough, and I spend all day staring at computers screens so this makes my eyes hurt. :D

By the way, its nice to see an updated forum with a search that works properly! Thanks!
Absolutely. The theme is kind of in a holding pattern right now. I'm deciding between making a custom one and just finding a fitting theme online. In the mean time, I will change the grey to make it a little easier on the eyes.

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

this one is awesome for phones
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

just pointing out the forum has no link to the main web page...or...im a blind old bastage.

or boh...
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

In the upper left hand corner of the main page under the Navigation tab are three links.

Home
Forum
Chat

The second should link to the current forums. On a related note, if there is no longer a chat or it has been moved, the link should be updated or removed.

Also, is it possible to have a personalized forum theme? I think most CMS's allow for a user to chose a different theme, does our forum do this as well?
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

i see neither navigation tab or those links
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

August wrote:Also, is it possible to have a personalized forum theme? I think most CMS's allow for a user to chose a different theme, does our forum do this as well?
Yes it is. Currently we only have 1 theme installed (not including the mobile theme) so it won't show the theme select drop down. If anyone has any themes they'd like installed, PM me a link and I'll install it for them.

Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Kaylan Chargeender wrote:i see neither navigation tab or those links
Over on the main page (after the splash page), not the forums.
http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/new/tiki-index.php
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Ah, I have a link right to the forum. On the old one there used to be a way to get back to that main page on the rare occasion I needed to, thats what I meant was missing.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"