Forum suggestion

The good, the bad, and the ugly. Here you will find the latest page updates, and a place to let us know what you think, want added, changed, etc!

Moderator: Admin

taymoonlight
Town Member
Town Member

Forum suggestion

Post by taymoonlight »

It might be a good idea to have archive/delete threads. I would think anything over two years that doesnt have important info should go. Its sorta difficult to find what you want with so much clutter. I know for me that a lot of times I really dont want to get on the forums because of that. Maybe have a place to store the important info so you can get rid of those too without losing the info.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Let it be done....I will delete this post tonight since I made an announcement to the same effect.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Updating the Forums too?

Post by Torakhan »

Updating the PHPBB might also allow for some other protections with perhaps a given password, or better Captcha to keep Bots from making fake accounts which seems to be out of control as there are apparently over 8600 members of this forum, and 80 accounts created a day (and I'm going to take a wild guess and say that we don't have nearly that many players/characters. ;) )
It'd take a little while to go through, clearing out accounts that are obviously ficticious (those including URLs, or from other countries, etc.)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

im going to work on clearing out bad accounts. i am working on getting several updates complete. good suggestion!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
taymoonlight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by taymoonlight »

Awesome work.