Orphanage

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Morik
GM

Orphanage

Post by Morik »

-Morik walks into the orphanage letting his hood drop down and looks around at all of the children a rarely seen smile creases his weather worn face- Good day children! Some of you already know me. -looks over at Alice and William waves- The rest of you will get to know me. My name is Morik and i will be spending quite a bit of time here as a teacher and a friend.
Laylah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Laylah »

Laylah looks up from one of the children as Morik walks through the door. "Well hello! I believe I met you this past moon. I haven't been too acquainted with you as of it, but I see you have made strides with good friends of mine, and that is always reassuring. We will always welcome people of good nature and heart here and we could always use the extra set of hands!"

She smiles warmly, "Right children?"

Setting down her tools, she walks over and extends her hand. "Nice to meet you formally Morik, my name is Laylah. I run the hospital and orphanage here in Wood Haven, in the absence of my dear friend Orien." Her head dips lightly, but she returns quickly with a look of curiosity and excitement. "What is it that you would like to teach here?"
Laylah Elora

Community Welfare Director and Hospital/ Orphanage Administrator of Woodhaven.

-Ad astra per aspera-
Morik
GM

Post by Morik »

Looks over at Laylah smiles warmly as he extends his hand "Hello Laylah my name is Morik. It is very nice to meet you." Looks over at the children" I would like to teach them to read and write. I know a few languages and would enjoy spreading my knowledge to the children. "smiles at the children"And for those of you that are interested i can teach you to fight with your hands and feet better than most people can fight with steel! And some of you may even be magically inclined." raises his hands in the air and small balls of blue light form in them then wink out. Looks back to Laylah "Everything I know I can teach to the children if they are inclined."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith comes in as Morik is channeling Energy...

"Be careful friendly Monk, that roof has been replaced more times than id like to admit..."

*Serith walks over and clasps the Monk on the Shoulder

"But just between you and me, I think it needed a skylight, but others get a bit grumpy when you blow a hole in the ceiling."

*Serith winks towards to those children present.

"Hopefully we will only need you to teach the first part, we are trying our hardest to keep these children from experiencing any more atrocities that have been exacting upon them from the wars they have witnessed."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Morik
GM

Post by Morik »

Looks up at the ceiling then to Serith A skylight huh? interesting idea but not exactly what i had in mind. And as far as teaching the children martial skills that i leave up to them. If they want to learn then i will teach them. As far as the magical skills go... if one of them finds themselves inclined I will teach them or someone else should its never good to have someone with potential running around untrained... strange things can happen.
Laylah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Laylah »

"That's wonderful news! I have yet to find a language instructor. I must admit, I may even have to sit in on a class or two." She smiled a little sheepishly.

Frowning for a moment she quickly adds. "As far the martial and magic skills, perhaps... the older ones if they are so inclined. I agree with you to an extent Serith. We can really only do so much in sheltering them from the violence of the world though."

Laylah smiles warmly. "I care for them so deeply, I forget sometimes how quick time passes us by."

Laughing, she measures her height compared to one of the boys, and ruffles his hair. "Your going to stop growing soon right?"

"If it were solely up to me, I'd rather them be taught very minor offense, and mainly defense skills for now, and only if they are old enough."
Laylah Elora

Community Welfare Director and Hospital/ Orphanage Administrator of Woodhaven.

-Ad astra per aspera-
Morik
GM

Post by Morik »

Looks over at laylah Yes i can teach them to read and write in common and Valkyn'Vi and if there interested i can teach them how to track animals and other things.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

on a cool winter afternoon. the door to the orphanage opens as two children walk into the building. a girl and a boy. the looks to be about ten while the boy around 12 or 13. they walk into the orphanage slowly and aprehensively looking back at the door every minute or two.

" umm, hello?" the boy says inside walking further into the building.
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.