A long Winter

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Smitty19
GM

A long Winter

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith sits out at a roaring fire pouring over multiple scrolls and such, as a look of near exhaustion and strife mark his features prominently.

*Throwing a scroll down in disgust Serith just puts his hands through his hair with a exagerated sigh.

"When I find a way to bring you both back, I think im gonna kick both of your asses back to the nether."

*Serith picks up his discarded scroll and then turns as a Farmer from Woodhaven approaches. Serith tries to hide his anger from his fruitless research as the man approaches, and with his best poker face tries to convey a sense of calm.

"Hello Issac, how are the preperations going for the early thaw harvest?"

*The man just smirks and says
"Well Sir, but there are more issues with the equipment, and the craftsmen are unable to fix it...again."

*Serith stands and clasps Issac upon the shoulder

"We can only work with what we have got, until news from the north and our mine supplies come in, we only have sparse material to spare. Make do with what we can, and I will see about getting some new plows, or at least something to ease the burden.

*Issac smiles as he nods and heads back to the outskirts of Haven Proper.

*Serith looks up towards the sky and just mutters

"Leaving me to deal with the everyday minutiae of Woodhaven.... Fantastic gift you two, and here I didnt get you guys anything."

*Serith collects up the scrolls and sits back infront of the fire and begins reading again as he conjures up a small orb of essence energy and delicately moves it around his hand as something akin to a stress reliever.
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

*there was a rustling in the forest, some distance away from seriths camp but close enough to notice. birds flew from their tree top perchs causing snow to fall to the ground and from the edge of the woods came a trudging of furred feet through snow. The beastman rothek soon made his appearance.

the beastman looked very different since last serith had seen him, he was wearing the armor he had gotten from korrigan, slave no more, the sword quen had made for him hung at his side over top the kilt the dwarves had given him. For a split second serith would almost mistake him for a regular citizen of haven! however, Rothek was still very much a beast for inbetween his jaws was a rabbit, a rabbit that rothek had caught most likely by himself.

"hello, angry not-elf"

the beast said after he dropped his catch on the ground near serith's feet.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira walks up to the fire and warms his hands for a moment. He then has a seat next to Serith

"Want some assistance? If there is anything I'm good at it's got to be finding ways to come back from beyond."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Smiles at Zeira and nods to Rothek

"Hello Rothek, and I am at a loss with this whole situation. I can not for the life of me find out Why I can't bring back Orien and Gabrial. I can feel both their essecences, and even touch them, but something is blocking me."

*Serith just shakes his head

"I know theres something I am missing, but I am stretched thin with all that is going on in Woodhaven."
Serith Darkheart

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"They way you describe it makes it sound like something similar I read about in an old mages guild report I reviewed."

"The wizards name was Aldrin. He was what they referred to as an Artificer, a mage who specialized in magical in regards to items. He was attempting to to restore an old tomb when he accidentally joined two runes together and there was an unfortunate accident that left him and most of his study destroyed."

"When they reached for his essence they were able to locate it but could not move it or manipulate it any way. This was seen as quite the mystery because when a body is destroyed usually the essence can no longer be found. They thought the cause to be lost and Aldrins death became a tale of caution to young magi who rushed their work."

Zeira could see the exasperated look on Serith's face indicating that maybe the story had went on a little too long. Or maybe it was just the stress.

"Anyway...Someone else had a different theory. Aldrins apprentice Dalia thought that the only reason that they were unable to retrieve the artificers essence was due to magical feedback from the mishap. The feedback essentialy put this essence in a form of magical stasis, preserved but unmovable. She was generally disregarded due to her station within the guild and that was the last that she wrote of it."

"Gabriel and Orien were messing with that weird magical thing that blew up that crazy wizard right? I bet the amount of power that was channeled created a similar situations to Aldrin's that has caused their essence to be caught in the feedback created when they let loose all that magic."

"If that's the case all we have to do is find a way to clear out the feedback. It will be a very delicate procedure...Dalia actually wrote some magical theorem on the how she would have proceeded. I don't have a copy of it though so we would have to go get it."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith nods thoughtfully

"That actually sounds brillant. It is what it feels like, a force field blocking me, If what you say about a stasis field is correct, then yes, that seems like where we need to start looking."

*Clasps Zeira on the shoulder

"Thanks for that, I owe you a round of Korrigans finest!"
Serith Darkheart

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"Well don't thank me yet. I can go get the scroll but I would like some company. Last time there were almost some complications. Why don't you go get things settled at the farm so we can go on a trip and I'll go get a group of folks to help us retrieve what we need. I'll meet you at Korrigan's tomorrow morning and we'll set off."

"C'mon dog thing. Let's go get us an adventuring party!"

Zeira starts off to the inn
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Ignore, post deleted and moved......
Last edited by Marcus on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek's ears sank sadly when serith mentioned gabrial and orien, he had made multiple trips back to the hospital during the winter, more specifically the courtyard where he had first met orien. it was not at all a secret that orien meant a great deal to the beastman, being the first person who was kind to him after he had escaped the elves.

when zeira walked up and started speaking he turned to face him but in all honesty, didnt understand what he was talking about in the least bit, except for one thing. this man apparently knew how to help bring back orien and gabriel!

rothek watched serith clasp the man on the shoulder so it would seem this man was a friend. so the beast turned to zeira:

"rothek" he said thumping his chest " rothek bouncer at tippy traveler, you say you can help orien and gabriel, then rothek want to help, get you best of korgans fizzy water."

:rothek turned and picked up his rabbit before following zeira back to the tipsy traveler:
Rothek HowlingFang
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"So, So wrong." Abaddon says sitting in near the fire. Its always amazing how no one ever notices the old man lingering about. '

"Its not just pointless. Its also stupid. I happen to have tools to bring them back in my very hand. Research has been underway."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek turned his head around and chuffed at the old man:
"then old pale face come with, yes?"
Rothek HowlingFang
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I could go on a quest to find the solution for a problem already solved, or I could stay here and keep warm." Abaddon says.

"Ohhh the choices. Indeed, I was given a bone necklace that will return them to their bodies." The old man says, taking a strange circular amulet from around his neck.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith stops and stares sternly at Abaddon

"Funny how these things always amazingly come to light after the fact doesnt it?"

*Stands over the old Valkyn'Vi Mage and lowers his voice

"And if this can help I'd be appreciative."

*Serith simply nods his head into a slight bow
Serith Darkheart

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Because if it came to light during, it would spoil the surprise. Actually I announced that I had the amulet right after the battle. There was no secret here." Abaddon says, the light of the fire flickering on his mask.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith Smirks

"Ahh I see, well you know, I was kinda busy with the aftermath, you know returning the sword to its rightful place, and cleaning it off from all the remains of the Red Tear encampment."

*Serith nods

"Hard for me to say, but I believe you that it has been of public knowledge, but as you know, we dont exactly share much social interaction."
Serith Darkheart