We the players...

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

We the players...

Post by Wyrmwrath »

...demand that all future NPC mosters be adorened in costuming of this quality to enhance our immersion!

http://www.lionofthesun.com/index.php

And therefore I think an extra $5 added to game fees is suitable.

:lol:
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

$5 has officially been added to Brian's fees for the suggestion (not that it wouldn't be cool)
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I was floored that the guy can put a nightvision feature in the masks...now THAT would be an awesome wolf beatman PC to play
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Lionel: Lion of the Sun

Post by Torakhan »

The guy's name is Lionel, IRL. He's a Nero player from Indiana, or something, who's played over at the Brighton camp before too (not at FH.)

He has a great story* about playing at a LARP one time as one of his lion characters, and continuing to scare the crap out of people in the woods. The other PCs kept coming to the GMs and saying "You need to tone down the NPCs you've got out there. They're WAY too intense!" When the GM got a description of the character, he said "Oh... that's not one of us. That's one of you guys. I'll go have a talk with him." So the GM went into the woods. Lionel snuck up on him like he had on others and just as he was about to pounce, the GM said "Lionel... you need to tone it down. Other players are complaining." and Lionel was right on his back, and mad a sad little "Ohhh. :(" sound.
*Now, this is a story of his, so I'm unsure how truthful he was.

Nonetheless, his work seem to be absolutely fantastic. The night vision mask is a bit larger than normal masks, so the head is kinda over-sized for the body. I believe the same mask also has microphones and an audio processor that takes ultra-sonic sounds and reduces their pitch to sonic levels so a wearer not only can see in the dark, but hear what normal ears can't.
He makes normal masks too, and the jaws have a special mechanical hinge system so that it's not just elastic and a poor joint that holds the jaw in place.
He started as an engineer and decided to just make a mask one day... and he did fantastic work and that's just what he started doing.

He's often at Midwest Fur Fest, but he may also be at other conventions... if he's at FCN (Furry Connection North, Novi on April 13th weekend), then I'll post it if anyone cares to take a look at his stuff. It's not cheap (a full mask with things like audio/visual is about $600 and goes up from there, if I remember right.)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Sounds pretty damn cool. After hearing part of it though, I have to brag.........

Even if they were the commercial Spy Gear brand, I was the only player to have a tagged and phys-repped set of night vision goggles on the Serenity field.:wink:

We joked about putting them in a helm at FH and calling it infra-vision, lol.

My goggles only have about a 50 foot range, but man- when used correctly, I think night vision's got to be the most empowering thing I can think of, especially at a larp.......

Although there are times I've wanted to go to Gander Mountain and get a game ear for those jaunts around the camp at night...........