October 2011 Feedback - Healer Playtest

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

October 2011 Feedback - Healer Playtest

Post by GM-August »

This topic is specifically for feedback on the playtest for Healer that was tested during the September event and the October event of 2011.

Let us know your opinions, did you like it? Hate it? Indifferent? Did you feel useful? Overpowered? Worse off?
Atreus
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Atreus »

I had a really cool role playing moment, where it saved us from having to move the warrior from the gate to get healed. Instead, he was able to stay in hold ground and defend the keep. I like it for one because it doesn't slow the game down as much :D
Hamr Elf-Hobbler
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Hamr Elf-Hobbler »

It was kind of nice. There were a few times that it came in handy while I was helping hold the wall. What I need is a clarification of how this interacts with regeneration. does 1 point of healing take say 15 seconds off the regen time? Or does it still take the whole time?
Hide the lighters the Dwarves are coming!
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

granted i usually play very combat oriented characters and have never played a healer, i thought that the new play test was emmensly useful.
i would also like to echo jim's request for clarification on how this works with the regenerate.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Regenerate does not (and as far as I knew, did not) receive a time reduction with healing.

Regeneration takes 4 minutes to heal half of any lost life points, and 8 minutes to regenerate all lost life points. Regeneration can be reduced in time by taking additional 'Regenerate' skills. Each additional skill reduces the time to regenerate to half and full by half of the time. (I.E. Two levels of Regen means 2 minutes to half and 4 minutes to full, Three levels of Regen means 1 minute to half and 2 minutes to full).

Healing takes 30 seconds to heal one life point. The time can be reduced a number of ways like Administer (Reduces time by 5 seconds), Sage Augment (Reduces time by 5 seconds), etc.

One particular things to note, Healing is now a Charge skill, not a Timed skill. This means that if you are poisoned you can use the skill 'Regenerate', but you cannot use the skill 'Healing'. Also, since 'Heal 1' is now a deliverable call, it acts as in interrupt. :D
Mogra The Worldly
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mogra The Worldly »

I think what they mean is from the moment they start regenerating it takes 4M to heal half and 8M to heal all. So, when a healer heals them 1 point. How much health do they get back after the 4M is up? Do they get it based of the amount they had before they where healed or the number after?

I would like to say I assume it would have to be half the new health at 4m and the new whole at 8m.

Oh and as a healer, Fafnir, I loved the new heal system it makes me feel like I am part of the combat not a by standard, which is the way I built my healer. I liked the change in improved heal it was what was needed to make the new changes fit right. I for one vote to keep them.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

since the day I started playing FH, my understanding was that at 4 minutes your healed to half of your maximum, and at 8 minutes your fully healed...there were no specific numbers.

For example, if your Max LP total is 10, your healed to 5 at 4 minutes no matter how many you have above 0. If your at 6 LP, healing you to 4 minutes doesnt give you 5 in addition to your current 6. You need a full 8 minute heal to go from 6 to 10. If your at 9 LP out of your 10, you still need a full 8 minutes to heal that one LP.

I would think tossing this 30 second for 1 LP heal on would have no effect on Regenration, since it heals you to half of your total or to full LP no matter where your current LP are.

For most PCs, the 30 second to 1 LP skill would be faster than the old heal skill since it can be used to heal someone 8 LP in 4 minutes if you focus on them. I can only see it not being faster if the PC is a high HP AND high level warrior type with 16 LP or more. In that case the old skill would be faster.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

So, when a healer heals them 1 point.

The heal disrupts the regen and they have to start over at that point unless is past the halfway mark. They get half their Total, not half of what was down. (so if you are 7 of 8 and you heal half you get nothing.)

in short, regen and healing one do not work together. :)
Travis Cole
Hamr Elf-Hobbler
New in Town
New in Town

THANKS!

Post by Hamr Elf-Hobbler »

That clarifies things. Thanks Jared!
I guess I'll have to start swinging on healers who inturrupt my regeneration. :evil:
Hide the lighters the Dwarves are coming!
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

Or.....just tell them to keep going, as they can probably heal you faster than you can regen.

And careful about swinging on healers...some swing back. :twisted: