Lightning Forge

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Lightning Forge

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon stood at the door to the lightning forge, and looked up into the sky. Clouds swirled around the twisted spire and bolts lit it up every few minutes. When Pear’an left, the weather had gotten worse though the CIRCLE too may have caused the cold fall rain to become worse, pounding the ground with rain until it coughed up mud. The strange crystal matrix of the tower glowed after it was stuck and thick braids of copper decorated with old sigils carried the bolts to the center where Abaddon could work.
Standing in the rain without his cane and without a cloak, he was soaked to the bone. The ever present spider was on his shoulder whispering into his head words no other souls could hear. Kami was nowhere to be seen leaving the old man cold and alone shivering in his boots.

“I know what you did.” Abaddon says to no one visible. “I now know the full price of my choice. I also know what you intended to do. Don’t for one second think I will let you cross over into Mistrallia. I will spend every waking moment now finding a way to rip you from me.”
Not surprisingly the spider said nothing.
“Even if I find the doorway, I will stay here as long as it takes. I will not curse that world. I will not give you world.”
Lightning crashed and blood seeped down the edge of the mask.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Mary-Bella
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mary-Bella »

A child's laughter can be heard.. almost taunting
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

A low chuff came from behind the old man as he spoke. However there were no word after the primitive grunt. It just sat in the rain watching soaked man becoming equally as wet the rain washing away the blood and other refuse from the creature muzzle and fur.

in the dark it would seem the beast was bearing his teeth but this was not the case as intermittent flashes of lightining showed that he had something in between his jaws.

After a while the child like laughter made the beast shudder and then shake flinging droplets everywhere before sinking to all fours and crawling away
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Rothek craws passed Dallid as his boots come to a halt before the forge, his eyes fixed on the Valkin’Vi.

“What is happening here, Abaddon?”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon turns, the rain running down him and his bells blowing in the wind. The faint giggling noise of a child echoing in his skull and he can hardly tell what is real and what is false. Dallid, a being of while light was standing near as Abaddon looked around.
“What is going here? That is a good question. A old lonely man haunted by his past failures. Have you ever discovered that everything you knew was wrong and that everything you had ever done was lockstep in the hands of fate and it was the wrong choice to make?” Abaddon says, almost as much to himself as to Dallid.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Indeed I have. Twice, in fact. Disconcerting to say the least, but all we can do is accept the new perspective and march on. I prefer to see such knowledge as a boon – a milestone of self-improvement – leaving oneself better prepared to forge the future.”

“But I believe some past transgressions haunt more than just yourself. Am I to assume that ethereal laughter was Mary?”
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

“Wait, you mean you can hear her? I though perhaps that it was only in my head. Haunting me, tormenting me for my failures here but it others can hear her, she may be an unquiet spirit. If we had her bones we could bury them or burn them, but we have nothing but giggling on the wind.” Abaddon says.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“The transgressions that brought about her demise are accountable by many – not least of whom is herself. I would not expect her to haunt only you. “

“Do you intend to bring her back?”
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

“Snowflake was a weed that needed plucking. She had a heart of darkness before she stepped foot in haven. I have no intention of bring her back. I would like to put her to rest. Even the monsters deserve a little peace.” Abaddon says, looking up at the lightning forge as bolts truck the twisted structure.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid nods. "Agreed. Her potential laid mostly in evil intent. I doubt she had much positive to offer this world."

"The same may be said for her restless spirit. It is best merged with Phanterra or expunged from the land. I will help accomplish this where I can."

"I'd imagine Kami is a different matter, however. Would you bring her back?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Kami was rippped from this plane, and I have every intention of bringing her back. Though such is more difficult with out the Codex. The missing tome robs me of the power to trade essence for essence." Abaddon said. "Other ways exist."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Very well. I wish to be kept apprised of your progress. There are fears as to how you might achieve your aims. Full disclosure would go far to dissuade them.”
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Even if I had the book I would not force a citizen of Haven upon the book. Agents of the red tear with permission maybe, but since I do not, I will let you know once I have found a way." Abaddon says.