Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek chuffed, then stood and looked at aeric:

"rothek help, rothek strong."

:the beast then turned to dallid:

"where we go white man?"
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Francesco head sinks a little when Dallid mentions the mind probe. It was obvious that he found the practice distasteful at best. When Aeric says his name he stands up straight.

"Aeric is it truly necissary to use such methods? Can you not simply listen to a man's words and make your judgements from that? Goodness knows that we all make mistakes when trying to gauge a persons intent at times but those mistakes will teach you a lesson that will serve you the next time you must make such a decision. I request that you please leave Castelion mind in peace and treat him as a guest and an ally as opposed to suspect."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"With the Red Tear it would be safer to treat everyone as a suspect. Haven is so thick with Tear agents you could walk from border to board on their backs and never touch ground." Abaddon said.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aeric
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Aeric »

Aeric looks at Rothek, not quite certain what he is looking at. “I… did not mean to exclude you Rothek. Your help would be greatly appreciated. You do look strong…” He whispers under his breath a little confused, but intrigued: ”and hairy…”
"I should mention, Castelion, that a mind probe is purely voluntary. If you refuse, we will not force you." He looks to Dallid. "As this is not a matter of investigating a crime -just someone seeking our aid.' He turns to Francesco and then to Castelion. "But, I do not think Dallid meant it in that way. We have, perhaps, been a bit paranoid of late, and going into your mind, Castelion, is a way to appease that paranoia and put some of our more doubtful followers and allies at ease, especially as the Red Tear have proven to be duplicitous in the past, and the situation is so dire. It would be a favor to us, but understand it is not required. I have promised aid, regardless, and we will bring aid.” He turns to Francesco. “Thank you, my old friend, for reminding me to make that clear. I can always turn to you for what is honorable and best."
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

A sharp pop comes from Morgans direction, and the acrid smell of sulfur permeates the air as his chitinous hand bursts into blood-red flames. The Guthrie stares at it wide eyed for a moment

"Not here...!"

Faster that would seem possible, Morgan bolts towards the open gate, hellfire glowing darkly from his demonic hand, and soon he disappears into the woods. With his absence, the sulfuric smell dissipates.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

Garritt looks to Aeric and gestures with a thumb as Morgan runs into the forest.

"Yeah, on that note....remember there are other people that can help us gather any information we need.

As for being sorry about needing to check people for lies? *he shrugs* It's only paranoia when people aren't trying to get you on a daily basis.

This would be the one of the best traps ever to lure the town into. Half of us want to save the world, and the other half are only going so they can try and get their hands on that amulet for personal gain."

He turns to Castelion.

"We also need to know the logistics of this "City of Sands". If we're going in directly after the amulet, we need to know how we're getting there first, and anything about the lay of the land that can help us, no matter how small, before we ever even set foot there.

Anything about the village you mentioned, too. It would be a good staging point, if we could use it as such.

I'm tired of getting to a place with little to no knowledge on the area, being trapped there with no ideas and no plan because of exactly that, and then having to learn while on the run, or die. That's not a surgical strike, that's just blundering around until something works.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"I am more than happy to submit to the mind probe."

OOG: Out of necessity, let us continue this conversation at the event. As soon as the primary contributors are present, we can have this discussion
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"There is too much at stake, and not nearly enough time to adequately judge Castelion's trustworthiness by conventional means. Trust *is* a necessity, for we must have allies we can depend upon to survive. However, blind trust is folly."

Dallid draws near Castelion. "Unfortunately, as your mind has known nothing but isolation save what your senses can provide, contact with another mind will at the very least be... disquieting. Sit and ready yourself."

When Castelion indicates his readiness, Dallid reaches foward with his palm, white tendrels of light floating forth to join the two. After a moment the light fades, and Dallid straightens.

"He has told us naught but the truth. Thank you for your cooperation. Give us the rest of the day to prepare for the journey, and we will depart in the morning."

Dallid turns to Rothek, at last answering his question. "We follow Castellion to the City of Sands."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith jumps down from the upper landing with his gear in hand

"Seems like we are always making a long trek to some unknown land, facing insurmountable and deadly dangers..."

*Serith Smiles

"...and thats why I love it here."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:Rothek shook his whole body sort of fluffing out is fur and then blinked a few times and nodded at dallid:

"okay rothek go with white man and white man's tribe to sand city"
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.