an old friend

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

an old friend

Post by Baxtor Warren »

the door o the inn opens and a old half elf walks in. smitty looks at those in the tavern and goes over to an empty table, placing on the table several viles and alchemical components. taking his smithing hammer he sigh's deeply

"i am finally home"
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

He was hardly there two minutes when a blur of wine and gold colored skirts burst through the door of the Inn and Sunny threw her arms around her friend. "Smitty! Stars and Heroes be strong, he did it! He kept his word and you're back!"

She stood back and grinned brightly. "I suppose we should talk about my contract, huh?" And she gave him a wink, clearly happy to see him.
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

looking at the happy woman, the old man smiles and embrases her back.

"there will be plenty of time for contracts and work mydear, but for now i wish to see all of my old friends, find a place to lay my head, and figure out what i have missed. is everything well?"

the old man gestures to a seat, and sits himself, raising his voice for any to hear

"oh and i suppose there is one job but it is for anyone able to acomplish the deed first. i am offering 30 potions to the man, woman, child, or beast who can cure me of my age, i wish to be young again. but know this, what ever anyone puts into finding this cure, no matter the cost, there is no compensation for second place."

turning back to his companion,

"there is much to do child, and i owe you even more. you shall be taken care of better then my old master ever was."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"What do you mean cure you? Age is the burden of Wisdom. Anyone who tries to give you immortality is selling something. All things end, that's the way its supposed to be. Grow old gracefully sir." Abaddon says from his seat.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

"it would seem a cruel fate to die now, my mind has never been sharper. freedom never mine to have. i have a new found view on life and i mean to take full hold of it. there are some creatures out there that can age you ten years just by looking at you, why can there not be balance in the world and some creature that can make you younger. there are ways to move threw time, we have met people from the future and people from the past, why is there not a way to make time work for you. there is magic at every turn, spells, potions, creatures, lanscape, the possibilities are endless. you dont have to take my chalange, however if you do there is a grand reward. i intend on clinging to life and shall do what it takes."
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Quen has been sitting behind the bar while the othes are doing their duties around he inn. Pushing a punch through some leather for a piece of light armor he's working on, he speaks up to the eldrly man.
"At one time, folks could put someone's essence into another body. If it still exists, perhaps you could find a donor body with more years left on it. Maybe even a race with a longer lifespan.. an Elf perhaps? Or even just drink alchemical curing potions each day? Just a thought."
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

"thank you for the suggestion, however i am paying others to do the leg work, and i have time, not much, but some time to wait."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Just becareful. Your need is exactly the kind of trap someone might lay." The old man says leaning on his cane.

"My name is Abaddon, I don't think we have met."
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

"well met abaddon, I am smitty. normally a provider for most alchemical and crafting needs. my prices are fare and i provide work for the common man with the fruits i aquire from my labor."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Sounds right up Korrigan's alley. I myself need neither for the time being but I know where to go." Abaddon says.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

"Craftsman and alchemist, huh?"Quen asks as the old man mentions his trade. "We're always looking for craftsmen. We pay by the hour and provide the resources and materials. Korrigan's the guy to speak with about it, but if you're skilled and can get your work done on time, I'm sure we could use ya.
I've also been thinking about setting up a craftsmans guild so that we can work together and maybe even standardize prices so we're all on the same page, roughly."
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

"oh I know of your trade here in the inn sir, and i am not aggenst it, last I was here some of the higher ups were trying to mandate a guild in an attempt to controll who sells and what is being sold. it appears that in my absence you lot has cornered the market and it would seem as though the privliged of these lands no longer care. i have no problem working for coin, it is in part, why i do what i do. we can set down and talk prices and work later, i have just undergone a dramitic experence and would like to catch up on everything' i've missed, what has happened in the greater part of the last year?