2011 Event Dates and Prices

GM-Mike
GM

2011 Event Dates and Prices

Post by GM-Mike »

As you are going to hear from other games I'm suspecting, you should know that rental costs have increased, in some cases substantially. To account for this, we are finding it necessary to increase the price of the event for the first time in our history as a game. The 2011 event prices will now be $30. We will continue to run our special where you will receive discounts for bringing new people to the game and will receive discounts for the new people every event they show up for an entire year. The cost of the 1-day will now be $20. We will continue with our tradition of playing board games following the event and people will be welcome to stay the night. For those who do wish to stay the night and have the means to do so, a $5 donation would be appreciated. If you can't afford it, your company is still very welcome.

The Schedule is as follows:

Jan 29: Winter One-Day, Camp Wacousta (Holiday Haven, same as last year)

April 1-3: Rota-Kiwan (Note that we will not be in the trapper village during that weekend but will be in the Indian Village instead, along with Fort and Freund)

July 15-17 (Silver Trails, Port Huron)

Sep 23-25 (Rota-Kiwan)

Oct 21-23 (Rota-Kiwan)

We needed to end our season prior to November as winter costs are an even larger price hike.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

Excellent! Many thanks for avoiding the Michigan Irish Fest!
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Well that sucks, Already down 3 events....

Time is coming near that LARP'n will be a luxury I cant afford, not even talking about the price hike either

)c:
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

I won't be at the one day...the other ones are looking like no unless my work schedule changes this year, which is possible but I can't count on it. :cry:
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

How can people know a year in advance they can't make an event? We live very different lives. My schedule for tomorrow is a little fuzzy right now.

We're losing too many people to jobs. There's only one logical thing to do in an economy like this one: quit and devote your lives to frivolity!

In all seriousness, I'm sorry you guys can't make it and hope your schedules one day permit us to meet once again on the battlefields.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I ought to make most events next year, but 2014 has some really rotten timing - doubt I can show up then.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

DOOOOM(worm?)!

Post by Torakhan »

Dallid wrote:I ought to make most events next year, but 2014 has some really rotten timing - doubt I can show up then.
Well, if the end of the Mayan calendar has anything to say, plans for 2013 and after may be on standby. ;)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Dizzy
New in Town
New in Town

Re: DOOOOM(worm?)!

Post by Dizzy »

Torakhan wrote:
Dallid wrote:I ought to make most events next year, but 2014 has some really rotten timing - doubt I can show up then.
Well, if the end of the Mayan calendar has anything to say, plans for 2013 and after may be on standby. ;)
I plan to give the Mayans the finger on my 27th birthday. I'm with Mike, hopefully I can make more than just two events this year.
Blunt Instrument (NPC)

You can do ANYTHING with a little IN-GEN-UI-TY!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

I'll more than likely weather permitting be at the One Day and probably the first full event. After that....we will see.

-Julie
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

I will punch, kick, claw, bite and cuss my way into every single event if possible. If not, I will do all of the above and more to at least make it to the 1-day and the Rota-Kiwans \--/
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
AOkeeley

Post by AOkeeley »

So who wants to bring me to game and help me make a character :P I hear you get discounts if ya do.
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

I'm willing to drive. (love it!) But, I can't afford the gas there and back twice. Might be able to cover one 1/2 the trip cause I gotta get there anyways. Mmm, real Djarums...
Jonny Tremaine,
Master smith of little renown

Pity those that choose not REDEMPTION,
For their deaths shall not be swift.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

CARPS dates:

March 4-6 one-day: Frontier Cabin (Inn)
April 1-3: Frontier Cabin (Inn) and Family Cabin #2
May 6-8: Frontier Cabin (Inn) and Family Cabin #2
June 10-12: Frontier Cabin (Inn) and Family Cabin #2
July 29-31: Frontier Cabin (Inn) and Family Cabin #2
Sept 2-5 four-day: Frontier Cabin and Family Cabin #2
Oct 14-16: Frontier Cabin and Family Cabin #2
Nov 11-13 one-day: Frontier Cabin (Inn)
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

2011 LARP Calendar

Post by Torakhan »

If you see an error, let me know and I'll make the change.
Serenity dates will be added as they arrive.

WHITE version will be able to be downloaded here:
http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/larpcalendar2011.pdf
Last edited by Torakhan on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Tyr Murkel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Tyr Murkel »

If I wasn't so damn color blind, that would be a great help! (Good work though)

So far it is looking like I will be able to make them all! Now the only problem is finding more shiny objects for my costume...