Return to Haven

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

"Didn't really expect ya to know anyways, seeings as though I don't remember you,"

Jonny laughs out loud, as he takes a seat, pulls out a pipe and proceeds to light it as he continues,

"So who's who in this town now-a-days?"
Jonny Tremaine,
Master smith of little renown

Pity those that choose not REDEMPTION,
For their deaths shall not be swift.
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey listens to Serena with an amused look on his face. He waits for her to finish and then calmly replies.

“Serena you sound rather defensive, almost as if you are a guilty accomplice that just found out Alrion’s secret of the theft is no longer a secret. There’s no need to fabricate stories since they’re only digging you into a deeper hole. It’s almost comical how I can disprove your pitiful alibi. Your first falsehood being the evidence that was retrieved from the body. It was Zeira’s special dagger used for interrogation. As I said, a one of a kind item that never left the town’s chest except for when it was needed.

Your “source” of “information” was Alrion’s poisoned words. The words used to hide his true intentions. Alrion was seeking power. His only goal in life as you have previously stated says it all. It’s common knowledge that the one who slays the Lord Spring takes up his mantle as well as his power. A goal that seems to fit Alrion perfectly. You openly admit to staying behind with Alrion to fend off Balthos’ minions, but the fact of the matter is that Balthos only has two minions, and both of them were in the Nomen city fighting with us to save the lives of the people of Avengard. The contrary of what you just stated. So if you lied about that then what were you really doing while we fought for your lives. I’d wager you two were robbing the town to further Alrion’s quest for power. Your hasty cover up which contains holes the size of craters only makes it that much more obvious. Many people saw us leave, and it was not “running” as you put it, and everyone who saw us could tell you that we weren’t carrying the chest. Alrion admitted to it before his death. He knew that he could no longer cover it up.
Lucky for you, Cristo and I have no plans of pursuing the chest. Avengard is no more, and Genievieve is stepping down as leader, but you give me no reason why I shouldn’t disprove your blatant lies and why your claim that Cristo, the town sheriff, and Belric, the town deputy, running off with the chest is as incredulous as Alrion’s innocence. We fought and bled for those lands long before you ever heard the name Avengard. Only someone who would demand to be named co-leader would have the false sense of entitlement it would take to claim a town’s only means of survival in pursuit of his own selfish goals. Goals that would keep him behind “protecting” an empty town, robbing us while we fought for all the lives of those who called Avengard their home.

Brey’s speech and demeanor remain calm with the exception of his right hand that seemed to twitch but only for a moment near the hilt of his sword as the first word of his next sentence left his lips.

I will only warn you once. Cease your attack on the twins. It is not my desire to pursue the chest. If you do intend to take those innocent’s lives in an attempt to cover up the hole you have dug yourself into; you will find yourself buried in the bottom of it. As for you trying to brand Cristo as a thief. Cristo is not the type of person who would kill you over it if he believes you were misinformed, but as far as a person who is trying to cover something they did up by sullying his good name; now that’s an entirely different situation altogether. You have been warned Serena. Pass the message to the Irregulars. The blood of the innocent shall not be spilled.

With those final words, Brey and Cristo start their urgent trek towards the castle.
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl forcefully put himself in between brey and serena as arcs of green energy surged in his eyes as he noticed brey flinch at his swords

"thats ENOUGH!!!, thank you for sharing your side of the story, friend. i will do as you ask and gather my thoughts before speaking with you at a later time. with all you have said you very well could be correct in your assumptions. however serena is not entirely wrong, i was there for most if not all of the events she speaks of.

now if you have other business i suggest you see to it now. "
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Tyr Murkel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Tyr Murkel »

Tyr drains the remainder of his ale quietly and places the tankard on his table. He slowly stands, adjusts his hat, and makes his way over to the growing tension. He turns to Brey.

"Sir, I do not mean to take sides in this but one of the members of your escape party of has already admitted to me that you had taken the resources prior to the town's demise. Now I ask that you drop this matter. You will not receive any prying from me about the whereabouts of these stores for I do not plan to accompany you to the new settlement, but I will not sit idly as you pawn the blame elsewhere. No one blames any of you for what you did, in face I believe it was the smart choice. So take them and do with them what you will. The escape party was comprised of Yourself, Christo, Theon, Edwina, and Balrick was it not? Again, I pass no judgment I only ask for you to stand down, we have enough to deal with right now."

Tyr casually walks up to the bar and orders another ale.
Tyr Murkel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Tyr Murkel »

Tyr turns around as an idea hits him

"Since there is much mystery and question surrounding this matter, can we not use magical abilities to straighten out the story? If we decide to go further, I suggest we submit both parties to a mind probe and let the truth prove innocence or guilt. I am just growing weary of all of this in-fighting."
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

The young archer bowed her head.

"I have no intention of persuing anything stolen from Avangard, however if magical probe is what it takes to settle this matter, then so be it. I will willingly submit to a mind probe if asked. I know my innocence as well as Alrion's. I have nothing to hide. "
"Never take a stranger's advice. Never let a friend fool you twice." "
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl relaxed his stone stance, however he was still resting his elbows on the hilts of his blade, he took a deep breath in, but it came out staggered. he took a step back toward serena and nods at tyrs suggestion in approval.:
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

After the three finish, Brey turns to address Tyr.

The information you've managed to gather from Braidenvayl, Serena, and Edwina, the same information that has led you to choose sides, clouds your vision of the situation you have only heard of. All of what you know of the situation has been told to you because you weren't present for any of the events that transpired, yet you speak with the conviction of man who has witnessed first hand. Never blindly put another man's words in your mouth. It will get your throat slit just as quick as the man who said it first. If you simply hear a man is guilty and decide that that is enough proof to make it truth, then I pity you, and you are even more naive than Serena.
On the night of Avengard's destruction, a necklace was stolen from Edwina. One which gave its possessor full control over her and her every action. After its disappearance, she began acting strangely. Attempting to turn the town's members against each other, we hoped that by bringing her here, the power over her would be left on the other side of the portal, but your words suggest otherwise. It must have either followed us, or its last command must still hold sway over her actions.

Brey then looks to Braidenvayl and Serena as well, speaking to all three at once.

Cristo, Genievie, Ceridwen and I are innocent. A truth that would hold just as steady under an interrogator's dagger. So feel free to investigate as far as you would like. As I tried to warn you before, if you continue to say that Cristo stole the chest and you still wish to hunt and kill the sisters without anything more then other's words, and you still believe in the rubble of what was once a wall of lies that fell apart with the death of its Architect, then we have to do what this warning was meant to divert. You are giving us no other options. We have given you a way out of it, but it seems as if you are forcing our hands. It's not only we who would see you dead before the sisters, but many. Even if you somehow killed the four of us, you would still be hunted by many many more, until your inevitable deaths. We have given you a way out and I suggest you take it. I do not wish to see anyone die as I have said, and you act as if you wish the same, but even now, the side that you all have chosen leads you in the direction of the murder of two women. You can hunt the sisters and claim truth in something you have no evidence of and be killed, or take up my offer, and keep your lives. Those are the only two options you have at this point. I will leave you with that. Let it echo in your minds. Your lives hang in the balance of the decision you make this day.

With that, Brey and Cristo exit the Inn. Ignoring anything else that might be said to Them.
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying